1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More good news

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Feb 26, 2012.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    IT'S TOO QUIET

Despite being the best young player in the game and, technically, off contract, Manly's Kiwi international five-eighth Keiran Foran hasn't had a single offer from a rival club. The phone of his agent, Paul Sutton, should be ringing off the hook. Instead, there is silence. ''I'm surprised people haven't been knocking the door down,'' Sutton said. ''Honestly, I thought I'd be inundated.'' Foran has a get-out clause in his contract triggered by Des Hasler's defection to Manly. Perhaps most rival clubs have assumed that Foran will either join Hasler or stay with the premiers. The lack of interest will play into Manly's hands - we're hearing the Sea Eagles are close to securing both Foran and halves partner Daly Cherry-Evans on new deals until 2015.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/we-love-flash-and-well-do-our-best-to-keep-him-gould-promises-fans-20120225-1tv3f.html

2. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    The only bad part of that is we havent signed him already.
    This is a free add by his manager to say he is looking and ready....Hope Im wrong

3. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    I just hope Foran stays as he's knows he'll have the no6 on his back for a very long time at Manly. Apparently he loves the area and seems to be a pretty level-headed guy and by all reports the players are a tight bunch. That could sway him to stay.

4. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Maybe clubs should come out & say they're after him, that way maybe manly would show more urgency & sign him up.

5. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    Unfortunately I believe very little that is written in mainstream newspapers. I'll believe we have kept them when I see them run out next year and the year after in the maroon and white.

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Good point Mick but where there is smoke....

7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    It's a top place to live and one that he is been around a long time!! Like the Dragons, Young, Cooper etc never leave their home town and I don't blame them. Can't see Darcy going to Parra unless stupid money!

8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Is Hasler coming back?

9. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    If it was true that Foran has not received any interest, then the last thing Paul Sutton would do is announce this in the press. Such a statement immediatley reduces his leverage to get a higher contract price. In this situation an Agent would always lie and say they has received offers.

10. Damien2812

Damien2812 Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Hopefully its true but I wont believe anything till I hear Foran has signed a contract extension with MWSE!

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    ?????? U think he's off to the dogs bones.

12. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Apparently.

Well thats what it says in the article anyway.

• Like Like x 1