More court action against Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Manly Sea Eagles forced set for fresh courtroom drama over Jordan Latham contract dispute

Adrian Proszenko

Manly are facing a fresh legal stoush after a former forward began legal proceedings against the club over a contract dispute.

The Sea Eagles are already on a collision course with major sponsor Coco Joy, who are refusing to honour their obligations as per a signed $3.6 million contract. Former assistant coach Steve Georgallis is also taking action over his dismissal from the club, with his case back in the district court this week.

And we can reveal that Jordan Latham, who played in Manly's lower grades until last year, has also taken his dispute to the courts.

It is understood Latham, who is now plying his trade with the Asquith Magpies, was offered a deal worth about $55,000 for this season. However, it is unclear whether he took up the offer in time and whether it was indeed a binding one. The Sea Eagles believe Latham's claim is invalid and are defending the matter to the hilt.

Given there is also the prospect of Parramatta captain Kieran Foran escalating his claim for almost $150,000 of alleged arrears payments from his time on the northern beaches, club solicitor Tim Unsworth has been a busy man indeed.

The dramas add to a trying time for Manly off the field after they were named as the common denominator in two 2015 matches that are being investigated by the NSW Organised Crime Squad for alleged fixing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...room-drama-20160610-gpgwuf.html#ixzz4BG0FLSHW
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Manly Sea Eagles forced set for fresh courtroom drama over Jordan Latham contract dispute

Adrian Proszenko

Manly are facing a fresh legal stoush after a former forward began legal proceedings against the club over a contract dispute.

The Sea Eagles are already on a collision course with major sponsor Coco Joy, who are refusing to honour their obligations as per a signed $3.6 million contract. Former assistant coach Steve Georgallis is also taking action over his dismissal from the club, with his case back in the district court this week.

And we can reveal that Jordan Latham, who played in Manly's lower grades until last year, has also taken his dispute to the courts.

It is understood Latham, who is now plying his trade with the Asquith Magpies, was offered a deal worth about $55,000 for this season. However, it is unclear whether he took up the offer in time and whether it was indeed a binding one. The Sea Eagles believe Latham's claim is invalid and are defending the matter to the hilt.

Given there is also the prospect of Parramatta captain Kieran Foran escalating his claim for almost $150,000 of alleged arrears payments from his time on the northern beaches, club solicitor Tim Unsworth has been a busy man indeed.

The dramas add to a trying time for Manly off the field after they were named as the common denominator in two 2015 matches that are being investigated by the NSW Organised Crime Squad for alleged fixing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...room-drama-20160610-gpgwuf.html#ixzz4BG0FLSHW
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
Think we need to employ Horace Rumpole to stiffen up our defence.

There are disputes when there is no binding contract, word of mouth agreeents and or signing on behalf of anyone without their expressed authority. Mostly these types of things are settled between lawyers privately so I have no idea where these leaks/issues are coming from (excluding CoCo)

Latham and Foran are Asquith magpies. I hereby boycott Asquith leagues. That club will be ground into the dust y'hear! Despite its reasonably priced meals and impressive recent refurbishment. And popular lady gym.

So how many people is it now that have been wanting to or have taken MWSE to court, 5 or 6 , (of what we know anyway)? Seriously bad management and being a business and all does not reflect well. Hmmm if I was the owner I would sack everyone and get in people who know what they are doing.....!

Oh wait...............!!!!!! :confused:

^ that link goes to 404 for me so just in case....

After coming through Manly's lower grades, former coach Geoff Toovey wanted to make Latham a part of the full-time squad in 2016. But when Toovey was axed, the club decided to go in a different direction and withdrew the offer. The case could be a landmark one – it's understood Latham never physically signed an NRL contract, but the parties had agreed to a fee which was accepted in writing.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-in-nrl-contract-stoush-20160916-grhxht.html

It's probably the two html's at the end of the link! @Briza

I feel sorry for Latham, but this is pretty standard at clubs. "Sorry we are going in a new direction" and verbal offers aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

^ that link goes to 404 for me so just in case....

After coming through Manly's lower grades, former coach Geoff Toovey wanted to make Latham a part of the full-time squad in 2016. But when Toovey was axed, the club decided to go in a different direction and withdrew the offer. The case could be a landmark one – it's understood Latham never physically signed an NRL contract, but the parties had agreed to a fee which was accepted in writing.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-in-nrl-contract-stoush-20160916-grhxht.html

It's probably the two html's at the end of the link! @Briza

Cheers Global.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8