1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Bull**** from Judiciary

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Jack Afmasaga Sea Eagles
    Grade 1 Contrary Conduct
    Early Plea 93 points
    Matches if Early Guilty Plea 0

Ian Donnelly Titans
    Grade 1 Contrary Conduct
    Early Plea 140 points
    Matches if Early Guilty Plea 1

Nathan Friend Titans
    Grade 3 High Tackle Careless
    Early Plea 131 points
    Matches if Early Guilty Plea 1

Jerome Ropate Warriors
    Grade 1 Dangerous Throw
    Early Plea 93 points
    Matches if Early Guilty Plea 0
    --------------------------------

I can't agree with Afamasaga and Donnelly being singled out for grapple, when every game you see about 50 of the bloody things

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    At least Matai isn't on that list

3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 7
    Agree KE.

I would also add that the charge in itself is bull****. Contrary conduct ? What type of all encompassing offence is that? The player is making a tackle, so what is so contrary about playing the actual game ?

If its a dangerous tackle then the charge should state it. Just like an intentional/ reckless/careless high tackle or some other offence, such as striking or kicking or tripping etc etc!

4. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Danny Bedsarus got pinged for a grapple last monday night, but does he get charged. When will they learn that its these inconsistancies that are the biggest blight on the game.

5. Sherlock

Sherlock Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Contrary conduct is so broad it could apply to anything that draws a penalty - eg throwing a ball away to slow play down etc etc etc.

Did that clown of a ref get a contrary conduct charge for sending Wade McKinnon off?

6. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    how bad was that decision by simpkins to send McKinnon off, talk about getting his knickers in a twist. Simpkins had it in for McKinnon for about the last 15 minutes of that game and just found an opportunity to get rid of him.

7. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Just to take it off topic a little.

Does anyone else agree and believe that Belamy coaches niggle.

All those blokes are just so good and do the same thing in every tackle and get away with it.

I reckon he coaches how to hold down and get away with it, niggle and grapple.

8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    As Melbourne are the News team in a far out post, they get every little advantage. Melbourne are the wrestlers team but when did they get pinged for it.

9. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just so we all know, Afa took the early guilty plea (free to play this week), but Donnelly is fighting the charge (hearing tomorrow night).

To be honest, I hope Donnelly gets off and I wish Afa had fought it, it's a bullsh*t charge only brought on because of Melbourne's dirty tactics against Souths a few weeks back.

Donnelly's defence should just be him showing his 'grapple' and the 20 grapple's that Melbourne got away with (without even being penalised) against Souths.

10. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Exactly right willstyles.

Good on Donnelly for contesting the charge, gotta say i'm with you and am surprised Jack didn't defend his charge for the same reason.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Maybe Jack did grapple, so what? He got penalized for it and the game flowed. Is it that every penalty from now on will be looked at with a view to 'contrary conduct' and judicial points alloted accordingly. He was penalized, the opponent got up and played on, no dramas. IMO the baltant use of foul play should end up with the judiciary, not a review of every penalty given in each match. Don't these people have enough to do?

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    BTW, Donnelly escaped his charge. Titans have now been charged 7 times and escaped 7 times apparently

We should have contested it i think, don't know when those points may come back to bite you