More blows to come????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I hope I'm wrong but I think the Sea Eagles fans will receive more bad news before things settle down.
Won't be surprised if it is announced that Des and possibly a player or two will leave before 2012 kicks off. I'm waiting in dread for these shock announcements. In saying that I have no connections or inside knowledge I'm just a fan.
We'll all hate it and we'll hurt some more. But Manly can and will survive anything.
Why the whole Des issue hurts so much for me is because this sort of thing hasn't happened at our club.
Like most fans I support the Manly club, colours, players and anyone else who contributes good to our team.
I think the club needs to get out and start some positive PR work for the sake of the fans that will be here regardless unlike money chasing players and coaches.

niccipops said:
I hope I'm wrong but I think the Sea Eagles fans will receive more bad news before things settle down.
Won't be surprised if it is announced that Des and possibly a player or two will leave before 2012 kicks off. I'm waiting in dread for these shock announcements. In saying that I have no connections or inside knowledge I'm just a fan.
We'll all hate it and we'll hurt some more. But Manly can and will survive anything.
Why the whole Des issue hurts so much for me is because this sort of thing hasn't happened at our club.
Like most fans I support the Manly club, colours, players and anyone else who contributes good to our team.
I think the club needs to get out and start some positive PR work for the sake of the fans that will be here regardless unlike money chasing players and coaches.

As long as it happens before the new year.. If thats the way it`s going go i want it to be soon & quick..
We need all the time we can get with the legitimate squad ..

12 months after Delmege.. hey.. guess we know that Delmege wanted to keep Des(now) & left when he realised he wasn`t going to stay at the club after his contract.. since from back then i`d say this has brewing.. ever since Max left..

Bottom line!! If max was still at the club Des wouldn`t be doing this..

If Des left before season started, that would be the first bit of good news we've had since this saga started.
The bleeding won't stop til Des has gone.
Let him go and let's move forward. Im sik of all thus ****.

the mauler said:
If Des left before season started, that would be the first bit of good news we've had since this saga started.
The bleeding won't stop til Des has gone.
Let him go and let's move forward. Im sik of all thus s**t.
I really don't mind Des going at this point, it's the talk of players leaving that concerns me.

If Des walks then good. I do not want the club to get into sacking him. Payouts and get-outs. It's doing my head in.

jjai said:
12 months after Delmege.. hey.. guess we know that Delmege wanted to keep Des(now) & left when he realised he wasn`t going to stay at the club after his contract.. since from back then i`d say this has brewing.. ever since Max left..

Bottom line!! If max was still at the club Des wouldn`t be doing this..

Biggest load of crap out!!! Where did you get this from. Max's interference was one of things that irritated Des from time to time. I reckon you are speaking up your nose!!!

niccipops said:

Des might get shown the door, but no players are going to leave this season.

"the whole thing hurts because this hasn't happened at our club"

I suspect it has before nicci, the difference is that now we have forums like this. I doubt whether any coaching change has been smooth (except maybe when bozo took over from Lowe). Manly has been better at keeping a lid on the public angst though in the past. Some crises from the past include replacing Ron Willey, bozo's defection, Alan and Allan Thomson sackings, ray Ritchie sacking, fatty....

Also look at Brisbane recently, they hardly lost anyone when Bennett and henjack went. Penrith and parra are shambles too. It's a volatile environment.

Also, we are lucky we have had 6 years of relative stability, a rare thing in the history of the game. Run your eye over souths, sharks, dogs, parra, penrith, roosters etc in terms of board, CEO, coaching and player issues over this time. Unfortunately it is our turn now.

Don't forget Souths. And the Dogs themselves.

Stability mixed with consistent on-field success is the goal of all, but hard to achieve. Manly has been the most successful club of the modern era, which is why I am not wailing & gnashing my teeth at the current 'adjustments' which are occurring.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Don't forget Souths. And the Dogs themselves.

Stability mixed with consistent on-field success is the goal of all, but hard to achieve. Manly has been the most successful club of the modern era, which is why I am not wailing & gnashing my teeth at the current 'adjustments' which are occurring.

I do like it when you blokes talk sense in all this. I'm a female so the emotion of the situation is what effects me. I can understand that unfortunately the games a business but as a 100% loyal the current situation feels so wrong and unManly.
I do believe that Manly will get through this and continue our success, after all we are the greatest club in the modern era.
I also would love it if all the reporters generating hype around this would shove their intefering twitter accounts somewhere unmanly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6