Money Talks - Lets do something!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elgey would be crazy to knock back a deal that would most likely be worth more and guarantee him first grade. Why would he sit behind DCE?

The truth is no matter how much coin we have. No one will come here until the club fixes the administrative problems.

Look at Canberra. They have chased so many players and they have really struggled to recruit anyone significant.

I put myself in the shoes of would be recruits. You would have to ask the question, why do so many gun players want out?

We need to sort out our stuff and decide is Toovey the guy to take us forward or do we go in another direction?

The club needs leadership desperately first before any recruitment is done.

The truth is no matter how much coin we have. No one will come here until the club fixes the administrative problems.

Look at Canberra. They have chased so many players and they have really struggled to recruit anyone significant.

I put myself in the shoes of would be recruits. You would have to ask the question, why do so many gun players want out?

We need to sort out our stuff and decide is Toovey the guy to take us forward or do we go in another direction?

The club needs leadership desperately first before any recruitment is done.

Canberra can't get players because no one wants to live there. Northern Beaches is a different story.

And the admin of the club is fine - they got dicked by our money hungry halves. They have still re-signed a lot of guys and done well commercially in limited time. Signings will come. Would you want to get up every day in Parramatta or Narrabeen? I get up in Narrabeen and it's very nice thank you...

Canberra and the Warriors suffer from their location - Manly does have that in its favour.

The major point will be the coach. That's why the Board has to underwrite 2v's contract tenure till the end of 2016, or state that he will step down at the end of 2015.
If they flre him during this Season, most Season Ticket holders will stop financially supporting Manly.@:cool:

As hard as it is to lose the players we have.. I am now glad it is over to be honest and somewhat looking forward to what the future might bring.

I would bolster the pack and pick up one gun half, manufacture another out of our current stocks for next year until we find or develop exactly who we want. (hiku, lyon, gutherson, jlj etc) . Dont throw money at a waste of time for the sake of it.

This, and not the money is the " Elephant in the Cupboard".

I reckon at this point in time all we'd get are scraps, no bigger name player will touch us now, we are totally on the nose!!
Well how did Titans get DCE - they are on the nose in more ways than 1 & Manlys recent history is better than Roosters when they attracted the likes of SBW & Jennings

As much as I hate to say it ......another reason they won't want to come to us is our coach....

Unfortunately you are correct we all consider Choc a ****wit but when he is in the NSW squad telling players (rep players) that Tooves can't coach they listen.

Rising Gold Coast star Kane Elgey has no intention of leaving the club
Gold Coast Titans

KANE Elgey has been earmarked as Manly’s successor to Daly Cherry-Evans, but the Titans rookie has no intentions of leaving the Gold Coast.

The Titans will begin contract extension negotiations with Elgey next week as the Sea Eagles prepare to pounce on the highly-rated youngster.

Elgey’s manager, Tas Bartlett, said the talented halfback had no plans on leaving the club he’s been with for six years.

“He’s a Gold Coast boy who’s been signed to the Titans since he was 15,” he said.

“He’d love to be here and play with guys he’s been to school with. He’d be a perfect fit.

“Whether that’s part of the Titans succession planning moving forward, we’ll know next week.”

Kane Elgey’s manager says the youngster won’t be leaving the Titans. Source: News Corp Australia

Bartlett said Elgey was keen to play alongside Cherry-Evans next year in what would be the perfect road for his development.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ri...leaving-the-club/story-fndv2zxt-1227259139048

Or maybe they look at the GF and equal first they got us to and see chocs eyes are little too close together on his head and just ignore the moron...

Sit back and see what BIG name joins us with all this money Choc is a goose but players listen 2 him

I don't think we will have too much trouble attracting big name players, we have a proud history and have had a successful culture for a number of years. We can't afford to be complacent though, we need to jump into the market now and go for it, no stuffing around!!

Gold Coast Titans

KANE Elgey has been earmarked as Manly’s successor to Daly Cherry-Evans, but the Titans rookie has no intentions of leaving the Gold Coast.

The Titans will begin contract extension negotiations with Elgey next week as the Sea Eagles prepare to pounce on the highly-rated youngster.

Elgey’s manager, Tas Bartlett, said the talented halfback had no plans on leaving the club he’s been with for six years.

“He’s a Gold Coast boy who’s been signed to the Titans since he was 15,” he said.

“He’d love to be here and play with guys he’s been to school with. He’d be a perfect fit.

“Whether that’s part of the Titans succession planning moving forward, we’ll know next week.”

Kane Elgey’s manager says the youngster won’t be leaving the Titans. Source: News Corp Australia

Bartlett said Elgey was keen to play alongside Cherry-Evans next year in what would be the perfect road for his development.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ri...leaving-the-club/story-fndv2zxt-1227259139048
It is a bit arrogant to suggest the kid would drop everything and come a running to join our club.
Without a doubt we are going to do it tough over the next couple of seasons our brand stinks at the moment and to think players are just going to flock to the club is crazy.

I hate to be a downer on this but we really are a basket case with little or no hope of signing a marquee player at the moment.

Maybe when the coaching rumours end, maybe when the media stop the knifing, maybe when Zorba becomes the Head of Recruitment (lol), maybe when we win a few games (lol), we stand a slim chance.

You don't lose both halves in 2 weeks and expect that the "beaches derp" and the stewart bros coffee shop will cover it all up.

Make no mistake, we are only attracting new recruits that are not wanted elsewhere, and NSW cup players for a while. Perhaps Souffs players are the only exception to this.

The beaches, lifestyle, and whatever else the north shore has to offer just doesn't make up for the shambles the club has found itself in.

10 years of dominance; only to self implode. I tip my hat to Penn/Perry/Kelly for their false bravado. Maybe lessons in game theory would add a bit of intellect to their choices in the future.

Well the quicker we snare a QUALITY player the better
Imo our best signing was Ben Kennedy who came to the club in pretty ordinary times - thats what set the club up with the 10 year dominance.
Plenty forget the team was already a success when DCE & Foz joined the fun - maybe they would not be the household names today if they came onto the scene with a team battling for the spoon - very lucky to have hit the spotlight when Manly at such prime time.
In fact - dont be suprised if DCE does not make much impact behind an ordinary pack - Foz imo will thrive behind that young Eels pack.

I'm an optimist ... I try to see the positives. We now know where we stand on half back for 2016. We will soon know situation with 5/8. If we lose Foz then we know we have not pissed off 20 of their teams by taking their future pay rises.
Any new halves would be trained by Joey/Donny. Think of the players that have benefitted from that!!! We can start cat calling those leaving but why waste our breath.

We now have time to get young players with potential and convert it. I hope we do not go out and throw big bucks at big names. Leave that to other Clubs.

I'm excited by the situation. It may lead to a slower then we expect period of few wins but it could be the grounds for future sunny days.

take it with a grain of salt but Massoud is saying these are some of the players we are after

James Tamou, Ryan James, Darcy Lussick, Kevin Locke and Aiden Sezer.

Kevin Locke why would we want a fullback
Exactly
Brett
Clint
Tom
Peta

Gold Coast Titans

Odd that his manager wants him to stay for less than he could get elsewhere

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6