Monday night footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Eagles2nv said:
I agree, I sometimes feel apathetic about footy when we dont play till monday. By contrast if we win on a Friday night , ill usually watch at least 2 more games that weekend.

One advantage of monday ganes for me is that im almost guaranteed that ill have no other commitments that night.

Nothing worse than someone planning an important event on manly game night.

I don't care who plans what. If it clashes with a Manly game I don't go. Manly comes first.

Normally I would agree, but I have made a commitment to Oz tag and have to help them out, if I am not there, a) my team is let down and b) other teams either have no ref or an unqualified level 0 ref

Daniel said:
That and we are undefeated. The team we are playing, well last we played we beat them 23 - 1 and we were one man short.

Barrings a complete failure of the team to turn up.

Presumptuous yes, but it's a safer bet than black caviar

23-1 !!! Did you take the bell out of the ball ???

There are only two decent teams in the mens comp here, our team "The Tavern Poachers" and "SportsFirst"

Last year we were undefeated and lost in the Grand final by 1 try to Sportfirst.

This year is the same story. Basically it is us two then daylight to the other teams

Daniel said:
bones said:
Eagles2nv said:
I agree, I sometimes feel apathetic about footy when we dont play till monday. By contrast if we win on a Friday night , ill usually watch at least 2 more games that weekend.

One advantage of monday ganes for me is that im almost guaranteed that ill have no other commitments that night.

Nothing worse than someone planning an important event on manly game night.

I don't care who plans what. If it clashes with a Manly game I don't go. Manly comes first.

Normally I would agree, but I have made a commitment to Oz tag and have to help them out, if I am not there, a) my team is let down and b) other teams either have no ref or an unqualified level 0 ref

Yeah that's different because they are your own plans. You're doing something you love. I was more referring to other peoples plans. I once didn't show up at a wedding I was invited to because Manly were playing a semi final that day. My best mate is pissed at me because I'm not going to his 40th on the Saturday night in three weeks when Manly play Canberra at Brookie.

bones said:
Yeah that's different because they are your own plans. You're doing something you love. I was more referring to other peoples plans. I once didn't show up at a wedding I was invited to because Manly were playing a semi final that day. My best mate is pissed at me because I'm not going to his 40th on the Saturday night in three weeks when manly play Canberra at Brookie.

Come and talk to me when you miss your OWN wedding because Manly are playing. Then I'll know you're hard core ;)

I don't like Monday night games, too hard to get to. Have also been known to politely refuse invitations when Manly play. :)

Just looked at the draw for Souffs. What a soft ride. Hope it comes back to bite them big time.

Hate Monday night games. Have to wait to long to watch The Mighty Eagles. Plus, i work Monday nights.

It's this time of night I really hate Monday games for Manly !!

Nearly midnight and I'm too steamed up to sleep

14 - 1 ill be watching on delay next week too

Daniel said:

So you're the head referee and the team you play for keeps winning.

Nice!

On another note... I liked Geoff's "well we have another 3 monday night games in a row so...yeah that'll be good."

globaleagle said:
Daniel said:

So you're the head referee and the team you play for keeps winning.

Nice!

On another note... I liked Geoff's "well we have another 3 monday night games in a row so...yeah that'll be good."

Convenient right?

haha I put together this team last season hence we are called "The Poachers" because we poached players from other teams, with the aim to put together a really good team that will lift the standard of the comp and allow the region to compete better at state cup.

Because of time slots, I rarely referee mens because I play in that comp. Am thinking of just playing mixed next season, because the mens comp is lacking for good refs and we need to lift the standard there

Sounds like a good way to kick butt, not just raise the level. haha.

Poachers.....they'll start calling you Manly soon.

*Good luck....by the way.

I wanted to call us that, but they said no. I might put a new team together and sponsor it through silvertails.net next season and call it silvertails.

We lost the grand final last year so I suggested we call the team "The Chokers"

Daniel said:
I wanted to call us that, but they said no. I might put a new team together and sponsor it through silvertails.net next season and call it silvertails.

We lost the grand final last year so I suggested we call the team "The Chokers"
If you go with Silvertails then you can have mass debates while playing. Would you have a left wing V right wing battle?

It's oz tag. the game is soft enough without playing to the wings too often.

play up the middle, decoy inside go short to the outside with a big bloke crashing through = try 80% of the time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4