Monday night footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
We will have to get used to it. We've got 7 matches on a Monday night (including both encounters against the Roosters) from now until round 20. The last four rounds haven't been finalised yet so we could even get some more Monday night games.

If every team in the competition were to play an even amount of Monday night games then each team would only have to feature on a Monday for 3 games throughout the whole season.

Our crowds have been great this season so the lopsided number of Monday games we have been handed is disappointing.

We always get the raw deal on Monday night games.
Is there another team that gets more than 7 Monday night games?
The Broncos perhaps? Yeah right.

...and we rarely win for some reason.I said at the start of the year the number of Monday night games may be the difference for us on the table at year end.7 is ridiculous-the next most for a club is four!

The players across the NRL don't like it as they have to sit through a whole weekend and use up plenty of mental energy. That s why many games always seem a little flat to me.If we win tomorrow it will be our best win of the year.

at least only 2 are at home for us so we dont lose too much in crowds.

Towards the end we may get some advantage having played so many, not as much as the friday night bongos though

At least we get a good 7 day turn around on the games. Wonder if the boys are allowed to get on the gas on Friday or Saturday nights.

It sucks cause I unwind on the weekends after a week of hard work and love nothing more than anticipating the eagles playing Friday, Saturday or Sunday. When they play Mondays I am back at work and the weekend is gone blah, blah, blah

Why don't they scrap Monday Night football and change it to Sunday Night Football - Fox would get great audience.

Absolutely hate it for Manly games. Just ruins the weekend still having the unknown of winning losing still hanging over us & then trying to work Monday.

Don't mind it being other teams though!

Amd I have oz tag semis tomorrow and grand final the following week so I have to watch on delay

and MNB (Monday Night Betting). I once read somewhere it was huge betting night in the US for all the punters trying to recoup what they lost on the weekend. Tom knows what punters want.

I agree, I sometimes feel apathetic about footy when we dont play till monday. By contrast if we win on a Friday night , ill usually watch at least 2 more games that weekend.

One advantage of monday ganes for me is that im almost guaranteed that ill have no other commitments that night.

Nothing worse than someone planning an important event on manly game night.

globaleagle said:
Clint said:
Daniel said:
and grand final the following week

Bit presumptious aren't we there Dan??? ;)

Nah, Dan's the only ref so he's gotta be there!

I'm head ref so have to be there :)

That and we are undefeated. The team we are playing, well last we played we beat them 23 - 1 and we were one man short.

Barrings a complete failure of the team to turn up.

Presumptuous yes, but it's a safer bet than black caviar

Eagles2nv said:
I agree, I sometimes feel apathetic about footy when we dont play till monday. By contrast if we win on a Friday night , ill usually watch at least 2 more games that weekend.

One advantage of monday ganes for me is that im almost guaranteed that ill have no other commitments that night.

Nothing worse than someone planning an important event on manly game night.

I don't care who plans what. If it clashes with a Manly game I don't go. Manly comes first.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6