1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday night football

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by susan, Apr 4, 2012.

1. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    I am pretty sure we are 8 from our last 12 in Monday night football and lost 4 in a row before we beat the raiders in the mud last year.And a couple of those wins were last minute jobs.For a side that is clearly the best in the last 5 years(i dont count the filthy cheats)it seems very strange.

I know I get a horrible feeling when we play on Mondays.Maybe part of it is the poor croods and lack of atmosphere at the usually boisterous brookie but all teams face that.It would have been great to be a Sunday arvo to get us back on track.Brookie and sun means two points simple as that.Maybe it is simply the pokey curse as we are normally hot favourites.

All i know is that I am very uneasy again.What a draw we have had-5 away games and then a MNF home game.The good news is the rest of the draw looks very comfortable if we can get some players back soon.

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    A couple of things in our favour this time re MNF:
    - It is the premiers homecoming, at long last.
    - And it is a public holiday.
    So it could be a reasonable turnout, I reckon the atmosphere will be great.

3. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    YEP.I forgot it was Easter.Lets hope for a big turn out to welcome the boys back.Pity Fox wouldnt consider a Monday arvo game over Easter.Crowd would be better and it would rate well you would think,especially as there is a Sunday night game this week.

4. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    GET TO BROOKVALE AND GUN THE DECKS,SWAB THE SWABBERS AND TAUNT THE PANTHERS

5. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    We don't often get a good crowd over Easter and I reckon Easter Monday night is even worse than a regular Monday. Why do we always get a home game over Easter. Easter is an ideal weekend to have a Thursday night game, running into the long weekend but I guess that is too much to ask from Ch9

6. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I just hope 2V put the guys through a lot of defence this week.

7. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Here here,our attack looks more lethal than last year

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Where? Oh, here. But I don't think so, it looks worse to me.

9. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    I am currently on a 6 week holiday in Italy and whilst I haven't seen any games I can't see how after 3 losses in a row our attack is better than last year

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Last year we had Glenn and Lyon on deck running the show. This year one or both those two have been missing for the last two weeks. We won with both them on deck in the first two weeks, arguably the two hardest of the five matches.

11. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Unfortunately , we suck with MNF .

We currently have around the 28 % success rate , at least that is what is was before losing to the gummies

12. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    And that would be NO MORE STUPID MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL for the rest of the season and year.

Yes.

Now bring on the finals.. Come and try and take the Premiership trophy from us, the Manly Warringah Champions!

• Like Like x 2