Monday Night Football - 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Seaeagle63

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Personally I hate MNF and think it should be banned for 2011.

Not sure of the stats but I don't think they have pulled good numbers so far this year.

Anyone be able to supply any info?

What do other supporters of other clubs think about MNF?

Dont know about fans from other clubs but i hate the monday night games. Mate of mine said how could would it be to have a Sat arvo game instead.

I too think MNF is a waste of time and is hard on the teams and thier supporters.

I would much rather see a later Sunday game, like the AFL, that kicks off around 4.00pm.

The fans hate it it no doubt. But it rates very well on TV and that is the contract we signed up for unfortunately

Rugby League should be played over a weekend. Scrap Monday nights.
Play One match on Friday night
Two matches on Saturday night
Five matches on Sunday. Must always have at least one match in Sydney. Sunday afternoon is when I want to go to the football.

There needs to be a second, and possibly third, team in Brisbane so that there is always one match in Brisbane on a Sunday. They would get 40,000-plus each Sunday.

monday night games could work if they are spread out evenly with teams playing on that day, but when we have already had 6-7  & other sides havent even played in 2 it sucks..

david gallop is **** he cant even get something as simple as the draw right , how are we suppose to have confidence in anything he does..

& heres my smite earner...  i reckon we need to get the spoon thats the only way  the administaration & players will have that hunger back & start  caring.. if we dont make the top8 this yr thats a good thing too, that way our players next season wont be so comfortable with losses like they have been these last 2 seasons.

Don't forget that expansion is around the corner so we need to find room for yet another game, MNF is not going anywhere I'd suggest.
But I for one love MNF.

Dan link said:
The fans hate it it no doubt. But it rates very well on TV and that is the contract we signed up for unfortunately

So I take it that MNF is here to stay until the TV rights are re-negotiated?

jjai you are a prime goose.  Manly have never 'won' a spoon which makes me proud to be a supporter.  Pull your oversized head with a button brain in.

It will be with us for a while.Apparently we rate well on MNF,so I guess we'll be stuck with more of the same next year.I think roosters is the last possible MNF we can get this year.I haven't seen the draw for r25 come up on Fox website,yet.

DSM5 link said:
jjai you are a prime goose.  Manly have never 'won' a spoon which makes me proud to be a supporter.  Pull your oversized head with a button brain in.
dsm5 fuk off i got the ****s we lost  i dont a give fuk maybe we fukn need it  our headS haVE GROWN TO FUKN BIG.. get the board the coach & ceo out of their comfort zone..

jjai link said:
& heres my smite earner...  i reckon we need to get the spoon thats the only way  the administaration & players will have that hunger back & start  caring.. if we dont make the top8 this yr thats a good thing too, that way our players next season wont be so comfortable with losses like they have been these last 2 seasons.

and a smite earner it will be!!One thing that we have NEVER got in 1st grade rugby league,is the wooden spoon!I don't care how bad they go (and I'll be first to give them a pasting)I am proud that our team has NEVER "won" that dubious honour!!

Any supporter who wishes the spoon on the club should stick with following the purple scum. I don't want it for any reason.

ManlyBacker link said:
Any supporter who wishes the spoon on the club should stick with following the purple scum. I don't want it for any reason.
see yous are all fukn idiots my point is for the players to show that hunger & start caring.. atleast the pruple scum who arent even playing for points this yr will show more passion than us next week who are playing for points.. i wouldnt use storm as an example when comparing our team ,, atleast they show heart  even with the **** that went down with them this yr.. if it happend to us we would have closed up shop..  dont be so narrow minded if the spoon or not making the 8.. will snap us out of it, well then yeah im for it after all i want another premiership  this decade ,

jjai, you will get your GF this next decade.  We have won one in each of  the past four decades, something no other team has done.  Plus since 1947 we have not 'won' a spoon.  It doesn't follow that if you 'win' a spoon you snap out of the mood, and go on to win a GF.  Loosen up my boy and grow a brain.   

jjai link said:
monday night games could work if they are spread out evenly with teams playing on that day, but when we have already had 6-7  & other sides havent even played in 2 it sucks..

david gallop is s**t he cant even get something as simple as the draw right , how are we suppose to have confidence in anything he does..

& heres my smite earner...  i reckon we need to get the spoon thats the only way  the administaration & players will have that hunger back & start  caring.. if we dont make the top8 this yr thats a good thing too, that way our players next season wont be so comfortable with losses like they have been these last 2 seasons.

Gallop doesn't pick when the games are played, it's channel nine and fox. Blame them for our MNF time slots.

I'm one of the few that don't mind watching MNF. Plus i love the fact that you have over 3 hours of footy talk including the pre and post game shows. I live too far away to go to games and i prefer the fox coverage to nine any day.

no team should have to put up with  with 5 games a season on a monday nite
that is the typical bull**** we get from these amueters who run our game

By rd.25 we've had 7 monday nite games next teams with 5 are raiders,roosters & cowboys. Sharks only 1 & I can see why but the broncs only 2 with the Cheats, drags tigers & knights. Obviously Fox must think we good for ratings.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4