Monas back in the country

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
We spotted Monas down at Warringah Mall today having lunch with Robbo, Matai & Glenn Stewart. Hasn't taken him long to come back after their semi final drubbing last week.
Whether you rate the bloke or not I think it would be great for him and Hicksy to be at the game watching on Sat night.

Agreed Bradza

They had a shocker against Le Catalans!

But yeah would be good for him and Hicks to be there to see Redemption

I hope Hicks / Monners don't try and emphasize how great it is in the UK. IMO, they will attempts to get more Manly players to go over there with them.

Monas was the half back that dragged the club from 2nd last to regular finals contenders before handing over the job to orford.

Fluffy link said:
Monas was the half back that dragged the club from 2nd last to regular finals contenders before handing over the job to orford.

Really I think your taking away a lot of credit from out greatly improved forward pack, to think it was anyone man is a little naive.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=178469.msg197695#msg197695 date=1221974907]

Really I think your taking away a lot of credit from out greatly improved forward pack, to think it was anyone man is a little naive.
[/quote]

Not too mention the coach that seems to get little or no credit.

Monas & Hicks played a part in bringing Manly back as a force. Despite only playing a small percentage of his career at Manly Hicks has come out and declared that he views Manly as his club. His old man still comes down from Taree for the Father's day match.
The comradrie in the team over the last couple of years is a big reason for their sucess. Apart from the possible issues between Ox & Monas I think the team would welcome their attendance at the game.The comments above, while being mildly amusing get a bit boring whenever his name comes up.
I'm not a Monas lover and don't think we have missed him this year but I do believe that mateship is the platform for finding the extra 10-15% that wins big games.

Monnas is being courted by the raiders as a replacement for Carney next year.

Apparantly he is homesick and wants to come back to Canberra.

tookey link said:
Monnas is being courted by the raiders as a replacement for Carney next year.

Apparantly he is homesick and wants to come back to Canberra.
  They might finally come good on the wooden spoon predictions in that case.

Gee, when ISN'T a player homesick!
It's a much bigger move than they expect, when they sign to go to the UK for a few years...

He would do well in canberra, finally playing inside a proper 5/8 with some talented players around him, especially out wide

We have better hookers at the moment & as for 5/8 bailey next year is a natural player for that position would we really need monas this time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8