1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monaghan's Kick

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, May 24, 2005.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Monaghan's Kick

When I saw monas feed the scrum for our 3rd straight set at the parra line in the second half I thought we'd score for sure. We had applied so much pressure, they were ready to crack. We were about 18 out, monas feeds the scrum the line set very deep ready for a play out on the right. He scoops the ball up from between the lock and second row, darts to his left and... KICKS THE BLOODY BALL! Needless to say I nearly swalloed my stubby.

He kicked it for donnald and hicks and I might add their was a full back standing right where he kicked it. Anyhow the fullback makes it back into the field of play and we manage to force another error but boy we were lucky. I had a good feeling about that set, we'd almost busted them before but just let the pressure off with that kick. Monas must remove those sorts of brain explosions before he becomes a Kimmorly and kicks every time he touches the ball.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Monaghan's Kick

He went for the big play - if it came off you would be hailing him as a genious.

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Monaghan's Kick

But it didn't fluffy. Stop sticking with hypotheticals when you try to make a point.

4. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Monaghan's Kick

Stupid play. It's sad times when you have to rely on a kick on the first tackle, rather than your own ability.

5. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Monaghan's Kick

Shouldn't have kickind on the first tackle. We should of got through.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Monaghan's Kick

Synaptic Short Circuit.

7. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Monaghan's Kick

Too true he made a mistake. So sack him..........ppfffftt

8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Monaghan's Kick

At least his kick was somewhat effective and had some chance unlike catwalks.