Monaghan / Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I thought MM played quiete well once he got the chip off his shoulder and concentrated on the job he was supposd to be doing, which was not very often. He was well aware he was not the most poular among the back room boys and carried on like a sook at times.

When he decided to play football he was very good.

Orford was very disapointing, nowhere near the money reportedly being paid for him. he could string a couple of games together but when the blowtorch was put on him he went to water more often than not.

Have to admit, the fact that Orford earns more than D Lockyer was and IS a little bit of a worry mate. Espescially for a non 07 rep player !!

At least we can hope for substantial improvement this year.

Have to admit though, Orford is one of my fav. players in the competition, so I really hope it clicks for him.

[quote author=Ryan]
Besides all that, what do you think on the topic Fro? If this Reed dude reckons Monaghan disjointed our attack, we might all be very surprised this year with Orford.

Again though, I thought Monaghan had a magnificent 2007 (besides the GF - but that was everybody's fault), so I obviously couldn't see what the club officials (or X club officials) did.

Why do you need Reed or club officials to tell you that? Wasn't it as bloody obvious as your shaven penis in the morning?

From Week One we were discussing MM looping hospital passes, his hogging of the ball, poor option taking and slow service from dummy half.

Seriously, as much as some people liked him for his charity work, he was a very ordinary and slow playmaker. If Ballin stays fit and keeps his silken passing skills and ability to snipe run at the same time, you'll all join me in lamenting what could have been in 2007.

[/quote]

Yeah, but I saw a lot more in MM than you though mate. Great leadership skills. Very durable. Reliabe. Great defender. Was very diverse (could fill a number of positions), and in my opinion....pretty damned consistent. Yeah, he wasn't Buderus / Farrah / Smith & co, but he had the ability to win games for us.

I personally will sorely miss him in the Manly jersey, and would have liked it for him to see out his contract.

Put it this way...like G Stewart, Monners improved exponentially in 07.

You CAN say he improved can't you?

Have to admit, the fact that Orford earns more than D Lockyer was and IS a little bit of a worry mate. Espescially for a non 07 rep player !!

Would you rather lose your key playmaker for 8-10 games a season because of rep duty?

Yeah, but I saw a lot more in MM than you though mate. Great leadership skills. Very durable. Reliabe. Great defender. Was very diverse (could fill a number of positions), and in my opinion....pretty damned consistent. Yeah, he wasn't Buderus / Farrah / Smith & co, but he had the ability to win games for us.

You CAN say he improved can't you?

I will say what I have always said. I don't question his heart or toughness. I just think he is **** as a playmaker and our side is better off without him.

I am still delighted he's in England and won't miss him one scrap.

He didn't improve in 07. He remained what he always was - a tough player who missed a lot of tackles and who buggered up our attacking rhythm.

[quote author=Ryan]

Would you rather lose your key playmaker for 8-10 games a season because of rep duty?
[/quote]

Potentially mate. Look at what affect rep duties did to B Stewart. Whilst he is consistently improving, he came back a MUCH better play for it. Imagine how confident Brett will be as the current Aust. fullback.

I'd love to see Orford play with O'Donnell, Hindmarsh, and have that pressure on him. He'd come out a weapon. An absolute weapon IMO.

WB Fluffy.

Mata, I suppose it is appropriate to denigrate the man on the white steed for bringing MM back and then supporting him in the Board battles. However, nothing will take the gloss for me for a fantastic season from Monas. We are all entitled to our opinions, but considering he has gone maybe you could just put up a tombstone and leave a dead branch or something. :)

WB Fluffy.

Mata, I suppose it is appropriate to denigrate the man on the white steed for bringing MM back and then supporting him in the Board battles. However, nothing will take the gloss for me for a fantastic season from Monas. We are all entitled to our opinions, but considering he has gone maybe you could just put up a tombstone and leave a dead branch or something. :)

I didn't start the thread. And there is no incongruity in my recent support of Delmege. He made a istake once and did not repeat it.

Did he intervene when Monaghan was cut one year early?????????

The team will have to take on a different dynamic this year.

We will now have a more traditional 9 in Ballin. Orford will have to take on alot more responsibility this year.

We will miss Monas. He is definately replacable as long as dessie knows we can't play the way we did last year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4