Monaghan / Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I kind of feel bad for saying this, but what the hell - Monaghan is gone anyways.

A mate of mine @ work is friends with the jersey flegg coach (don't know if he's the current, or an old one), and I was told this:-

Apparently, the club is expecting massive things this year from Matt Orford. The reason for that is that this guy told me regardless of what perception there was in the media, there WAS a little anomosity between Orford and Monaghan. Apparently, Orford would call for the ball, and Monaghan would be on the opposite side of the ruck, doing the same, even in set plays etc.

Apparently, there was supposed to be a certain structure at certain times, and the team adhered to it, but Monaghan would make the play break down, and the momentum.

Now guys, I know a lot of you will rush to Monaghan's defense, but please don't shoot the messenger. A few things:-

I reckon I was, and am one of Monaghan's biggest fans;
The positive is that we should see Orford improve somewhat this year according to Manly officials;
I guess what Mata said all along, well, was right... :blush:

I guess that means Lyon may have been a little disjointed as well? Who knows. I made mention of this in my prediction thread, but I honestly reckon we may see Lyon play in 2008, the way Dessie wanted to play him in 2007.

Additionally guy, regardless of what this guy told me at work...we had a damned well successful year, but once again, there is more room for optimism here, and that's :clap:

I can understand Monnas asking for the ball often because he is a better player than orford. Even Gould wanted him for SOO and Gould is a pretty good judge of a player.

I know that melbourne are far happier with Cronk than they were with Orford.

If Orford was to play to the size of his paypacket then he should be winning every game for us.

John Reed was apparently the guys name...I just checked at work guys.

Tookey - your comments definitely have credence mate. Monaghan MAY be better, BUT if it meant Monaghan shut down certain plays, or stopped momentum building, then that's not a very good thing.

Orford also didn't get to to play with the likes of:-

Greg Inglis
Israel Falou

and a heap of other players.

In all honestly - I reckon Orford is one of the best 1/2;s in the world, and I think we may see that this year.

having our angry smurf as a disciple is supposed to be a resounding affirmation of your every rant????

if that is the case you are more full of yourself than any of us ever dreamed :)

1/ how do you know how much I earn.

2/ So what? since when is someones relevance judged by their pay packet, I probably earn more than you, does that mean you are a lesser person than I am?

In all honestly - I reckon Orford is one of the best 1/2;s in the world, and I think we may see that this year.

As long as he stays injury free, you could just be right.

Well, at least we'll be able to see how coreect the theory is Jethro. I'm actually quite excited by this year.

1/ how do you know how much I earn.

2/ So what? since when is someones relevance judged by their pay packet, I probably earn more than you, does that mean you are a lesser person than I am?

The fact that you had to degrade your comments, by calling a 3rd party names probably affirms that he IS a better person in this instance Fro.

Because I agree with someone, doesn't make me a disciple. I have my own mind, and own opinions. You should know that by now.

I also think it's a bit unfair you resort to calling me names, when you have never met me. It shows you have a lack of 1: respect, 2: substance.

AS do I Andrew, as do I. and again you didnt answer my question, why should ones relative worth be decided by their bank balance.

And Ryan, Lighten up FFS

AS do I Andrew, as do I. and again you didnt answer my question, why should ones relative worth be decided by their bank balance.

And Ryan, Lighten up FFS

What do you mean? I'm very happy. It was you that decided to name call.
I just thought you were better than that is all.

Besides all that, what do you think on the topic Fro? If this Reed dude reckons Monaghan disjointed our attack, we might all be very surprised this year with Orford.

Again though, I thought Monaghan had a magnificent 2007 (besides the GF - but that was everybody's fault), so I obviously couldn't see what the club officials (or X club officials) did.

Personally I thought MM played quiete well once he got the chip off his shoulder and concentrated on the job he was supposd to be doing, which was not very often. He was well aware he was not the most poular among the back room boys and carried on like a sook at times.

When he decided to play football he was very good.

Orford was very disapointing, nowhere near the money reportedly being paid for him. he could string a couple of games together but when the blowtorch was put on him he went to water more often than not.

Besides all that, what do you think on the topic Fro? If this Reed dude reckons Monaghan disjointed our attack, we might all be very surprised this year with Orford.

Again though, I thought Monaghan had a magnificent 2007 (besides the GF - but that was everybody's fault), so I obviously couldn't see what the club officials (or X club officials) did.

Why do you need Reed or club officials to tell you that? Wasn't it as bloody obvious as your shaven penis in the morning?

From Week One we were discussing MM looping hospital passes, his hogging of the ball, poor option taking and slow service from dummy half.

Seriously, as much as some people liked him for his charity work, he was a very ordinary and slow playmaker. If Ballin stays fit and keeps his silken passing skills and ability to snipe run at the same time, you'll all join me in lamenting what could have been in 2007.

[quote author=Matabele]
He earns double what you do. :p

This is my contender for most ridiculous post of the year. It's only early but that will take some beating.
[/quote]

I won't bother explaining it to you. You're obviously ES rather than IN.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6