Monaghan Offer Withdrawn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So now we're going to compare Torrens with Orford. :roll:

Maybe Fluffy should go and support the Dragons seeing as they've picked Torrens at half back. :clap: :clap:

inside information.am i missing something here.it is common knowledge in league circles that orford is being looked at by a number of clubs.any management of mid ranged sides would not be doing their job if they did not consider it.i actually have no idea at all if negotiations with him have progressed.i am merely giving my opinion on the merits of each bloke.there is every chance this is just a banaghan blurb for which he is famous.melbourne were always going to struggle to hold him due to the lack of quality halves on the market and as is proven every single year-great halves win comps.unless you are lucky enough to breed them like manly in the past then you must buy them.

Word is that Orford is keen to move back to Sydney for family reasons. (Who would want to live in Bleak City!)

Either that or he is shopping around to the highest bidder or using other clubs to get the best possible offer out of Melbourne.

Will be an interesting story as it develops this one. Expect nothing from the club on this one, as there is nothing to say.

In the major games he has failed to lift in I have also noticed 1 other thing, the forwards have failed to lift also. It is hard for a half to play well when his pack is being out muscled, the Brisbane game 2 weeks ago is a an example. What could Monas do then? Our forwards got smashed yet some say he failed to lift. WTF

In the major games he has failed to lift in I have also noticed 1 other thing, the forwards have failed to lift also. It is hard for a half to play well when his pack is being out muscled, the Brisbane game 2 weeks ago is a an example. What could Monas do then? Our forwards got smashed yet some say he failed to lift. WTF

Agreed.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Manly's win over Melbourne this year as an example of Monaghan lifting against a top side, or are Melbourne, even with Orford, still not a top side? Monaghan's team won that day, not Orford's, and Monaghan played very well in both attack and defence.
I think Matt Orford is a wonderful player, and I love watching him play, but Monaghan is doing a great job for the Eagles. He's not the same type of halfback as Orford (Matty Head comes close, but very few other halfbacks do), and he's nowhere near as exciting, but I wouldn't want to swap him for anyone. Sometimes the best player isn't necessarily the best player for the team - see Kimmorley's stint at the Northern Eagles (which cost us Matty Orford in the first place) for an example.
But anyway, as Sue said, it's probably all a load of crap. And definitely not worth getting worked up about.

i have no problem with a half having a quiet game behind a beaten pack.many a good half is blotted out of the game.happens every week.what is a worry is the panic passing,ordinary kicking and fighting with refs that characterises our losses against good sides.and i mean most of the backs,not only monaghan.a beaten forward pack is an excuse for a half not shining,it is not an excuse for a lack of composure and panic that manifests itself in our brushes with the refs and subsequent dropping of heads.a half's ability to maintain composure when being overpowered is just as much a testament to his ability as running amuk at home in front of the brookie faithful-probably more so.

ron

i think watmough is quickly developing into a player to match your brilliant namesake.very similar players who took a while to develop full potential.oh for 87 all over.

Fluff - I cannot agree with about Torrens letting him go was a sensible business decision. we need to go with players who will win games and therefore premierships, Hill can (although a long shot at his age), Alby would never win you a game of footy, he may save you one but he will never ever win a game for you when it is there to be won or lost.

I agree with Mata on this one, the mgmt have made a lot of good decisions over the last 18 months. We have to go with them on this one as well, they know what they are doing IMO, although it might not be evident to us now.

we let alby go mata - that looks rather muggish this year

Blunty - i wouldnt keep on with Sue - she has been told by an insider that we are after orford and nothing said will change her mind.

I'm not doubting the fact that we might chase him, I'm just disappointed that Monas may have been shunted like that. I personally think there are better options on the market than Orford, for Manly's current playing roster's positon. However I have decided to let all of this go, I have great respect for Manly Management after the turnaround they have made this year along with Dessie. The three major purchases last year have turned a poor side into an extremely competitive side, hopefully Alberts will make it an even 4..... so therefore whatever they decide to do in the time between now and next year, I will support them.

I agree with Blunty (Minogue). I am sure this will all come out in the wash and there is a lot going on that we don't know about.

I just hope that Santa has a centre or two for us as well!

I tell you who would be an excellent buy, is off-contract and not too expensive.....

Robbie Farrah - Great young hooker who has the ability to be great. Him startign with Dunley off the bench would be dynamic, much like the Roosters Wing/Webb combination.

Another couple of player sthat would be excellent buys, yet not too expensive........

Luke Macdougall and Pat Richards

I'm off topic but I'm just thinking of blokes that could be purchased in order to strengthen our weaker positions, if we spend a truckload on Orford and lose Monaghan.

like all of them a lot,particularly the hooker.only worry with macdougall is rhe way he swishes from one club to the next...canberra,cronulla,toowoomba,souths.like to know why.

like all of them a lot,particularly the hooker.only worry with macdougall is rhe way he swishes from one club to the next...canberra,cronulla,toowoomba,souths.like to know why.

Probably because they installed blue lights in the dressing rooms....... might be like his brother.

IN the next few years,if after a hooker we should put the feelers out for Piri Weepu. We have a link with him through his big brother Billy,and he was an All Black halfback last year

As soon as he got his AB jersey they interviewed him and it caused an uproar,the quote was "I still dream to wear a kiwi jersey too" :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6