Monaghan 78km in school zone......... keeps licence

my w key is broken :)

Technically I was not wrong, I did however make an error in judgement in regards to information that was of a sidebar topic to the actual topic at hand.
Given the topic at hand I still stand correct and believe that the opposition has aimed to mislead and turn this into a slanging match or proportions only possible by the opposition. Mr speaker
You forgot to blame your advisers. "According to the advice I received at the time........"

Watch out though, if you get too good at it you might shrink, go bald and get bushy eyebrows.

I actually had that line in there, but deleted it......**** man I should have gone into politics. My original blurb was about 5 - 10 lines longer before I cut lines out :)

yeah well its not too hard to sprout the crap when you have heard the same thing over and over for the last ten years. At least Keating spiced it up with some colourful stuff.

One of my favourites from when he was treasurer:

journo: How do you respond to Mr Howard saying that a vote for Bob Hawke is a vote for Paul Keating?
Keating: Well the problem is that a vote for John Howard is a vote for John Howard!!

or when Peacock came back to the leadership for a second time:

"a souffle doesn't rise twice!"

yeah working class humor!

Howard is terrible. Instead of using sleight of hand he just tells outright BS

Or this by Keating on Peacock:

"We are not interested in the views of painted, perfumed giggolos"

His best was most likely this on John Hewson:

"This little flower, this delicate little beauty, this little cream puff, is supposed to be beyond personal criticism....He was simply like a shiver, looking for a spine to run up."

I actually used to listen to question time when Keating was treasurer and Pm. It was great stuff, unlike the crap noone listens to now. His best was gold and he was nowhere as bad as people made him out to be!!

Monnas will lead us to a premiership in 07, as our leader, captain & at least one of the top 5 Hookers in the game - eh Byso.

Hehehehehe...soryy mate.

haha, at one stage of the season you said Monas was a better half than The Ox. eh Ryan ;)

I actually used to listen to question time when Keating was treasurer and Pm. It was great stuff, unlike the crap noone listens to now. His best was gold and he was nowhere as bad as people made him out to be!!

Is this why you wanted Keating's "Minnie me" Latham in last election................ for entertainment value. :yeah: from what I see he's provided far more entertainment outside of politics ;)

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

Is this why you wanted Keating's "Minnie me" Latham in last election................ for entertainment value. :yeah: from what I see he's provided far more entertainment outside of politics ;)

[/quote]I knew the minute that someone mentioned Keating that Byso would ride in on his trusty steed to litter the site with the same inane balderdash on his set agenda of Latham and Co. (Do you have a yawn emoticon Daniel???) :wall:

I simply replied to your "same inanne balderdash on his set agenda of the current gov't and Co."

I think you should get back to your class, teaching hypocrisy. ;)

Byso - what is a gov't. (Maybe you should have paid attention at School, or were you away the day they gave out common sense!!!

Schools hand out common sense?? Is that an elective class, because I didnt see too much common sense around when i was at school.

Byso - what is a gov't. ?
I'll answer that. A group of people spouting the same inanne balderdash on their set agendas as the other mob, but did a better job of selling it than the other mob.

Byso - what is a gov't. (Maybe you should have paid attention at School, or were you away the day they gave out common sense!!!

Tap, tap, tap...hello

If you used some common sense you'd work out it's an abbreviation for government.

Try googling Gov't and see what you get. Is there anything else you'd like me to teach you today? ;)

Monaghan hurt by uncharitable talk

Adam Lucius

21Oct06

MANLY hooker Michael Monaghan has angrily rejected claims he was given preferential treatment in court because he's a footballer after retaining his licence despite speeding through a school zone.

Monaghan was caught doing 78km/h in a 40km/h area outside Balgowlah Boys last year but escaped an automatic loss of licence after fronting magistrate Margaret Quinn in Manly Court this week.

In his first extensive interview since leaving court, the former Sea Eagles captain says he has been hurt by reports suggesting he was let off because of his footballing status.

The Ken Stephen medal winner is also offended by accusations he used his relationship with burns victim Sophie Delezio to strengthen his case in court.

``I'm just really disappointed with the way the whole thing has been portrayed . . . that I got off just because I was a footballer,'' Monaghan said yesterday.

``There were 11 RTA matters before the court that day and four or five were let off, not just me. There were plumbers, housewives, people from all walks of life.

``I did the wrong thing and have admitted to speeding but I'm really pissed off that people think I got off just because I'm a footballer.''

Monaghan's solicitor Ian Byrne successfully argued that his client needed his licence to continue his charity work, which includes the Sophie Delezio Day of Difference Foundation.

His involvement with Sophie, as well as several local charities, helped Monaghan win this year's Ken Stephen medal for services to the community.

``When I won the Ken Stephen medal there were about five lines in the paper but this (the court appearance) was on the front page plus a page inside,'' he said.

``The charity work wasn't brought up in court to get me off, it was brought up because I need my car to get to these things and to training.''

Manly official Peter Peters, who provided a character reference for Monaghan, said: ``Michael won the Ken Stephen medal for his work in the community and he is genuine in his desire to help others.

``To say he used Sophie to help his cause is cynical in the extreme.''

If anyone's interested, Monas had his licence suspended on appeal.

Apparently the judge who looked over his case didn't have the right to make the decision she did.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2