Monaghan 78km in school zone......... keeps licence

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
For the record the offence was reported to be on Sydney Rd outside Balgowlah Boys High School, not far from the hill that goes down to the Spit Bridge. Sophie goes to Balgowlah Heights Primary School (same one as my missus though about 35 years later!!).

It is three lanes wide. I don't blame MM for trying to defend himself though he was driving fast.

As a teacher and a parent some 40 k Zones are a joke. Sure - where parents and kids are parking, reversing, crossing roades etc the limit needs to be 40 km but on main roads where there are fences, overbridges and noone parks for kids it seems a joke to have the zone. Kids also need to learn about road safety. Everything is so sanitised it isn't funny.

Good point CW, it's also normally a 70 zone. Its not its a single lane road with Zebra crossings etc. I know I've done similar thing in the past.....by mistake.

It's obvious the magistrate took a common sense approach for a change. Should be offered to more people I guess.

The shock jocks got into him deluxe yesterday though.

[/quote]

NO ITS NOT ITS A 60 zone!!!!

Someone on the radio said it was 70. Are you sure?
I don't know which way he was going and I am not sure if the stretch from the Spit or the Burnt Bridge deviation is 70 kmh. All is know is most drivers in Sydney drive at least 10 km above the speed limit.

"He who is without sin throw the first stone".

If Alan Jones is one of the Shock Jocks throwing stones maybe he ought to worry about aspects of his life rather than a slow news story. Monas getting stuck in a Hurricane in Cancun when he should have been at the club presentation is a much better story!!!!

I drive through there every day. Sydney Road is all 60KM the only 80KM is burnt bridge deviation and wkhurst parkway

[quote author=byso]
I don't know which way he was going and I am not sure if the stretch from the Spit or the Burnt Bridge deviation is 70 kmh. All is know is most drivers in Sydney drive at least 10 km above the speed limit.

If Alan Jones is one of the Shock Jocks throwing stones maybe he ought to worry about aspects of his life rather than a slow news story. Monas getting stuck in a Hurricane in Cancun when he should have been at the club presentation is a much better story!!!!
[/quote]

*throws stone* I speed on highways, thats it!

all of spit road is 60KM

done and dusted he was speeding more than 15KM over even if it wasnt a 40 zone. That is your license gone.

Not a media beat up just simply not fair. If it were say my dad. He would lose his license and therefore be unable to work anymore

if it had been me , I would have been thrown in the back of the paddywagon. Mind you , they look alot more comfortable now then when i used to get in them.

[quote author=byso]

[/quote]

done and dusted he was speeding more than 15KM over even if it wasnt a 40 zone. That is your license gone.

[/quote]

huh?

I got caught doing 90 in a 70 zone down Mona Vale Road on a double demerit weekend back in 03.

Only lost 6 points.

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=byso]

[/quote]

[/quote]

huh?

I got caught doing 90 in a 70 zone down Mona Vale Road on a double demerit weekend back in 03.

Only lost 6 points.

[/quote]

In late 2004 or early 2006 the law was changed to increase demerit points and reduce fines.

Likely you slipped in before this change, but this is probably why you received lesser demerits

He would not have lost his license if it was 50 or 60km.

30km or over is 3 months loss + points
45km or over is 6 months loss + points

Between 15 and 30 km over is 3 points, so if it was a 50 or 60 zone he would have copped the fine and 3 points only.

but the fact is it was a 40KM zone

78-40 is 38 -> 3 months suspension and no license.

But FLuffy dont let facts get int he way of a good story

correct Dan but you did say even if it wasnt a 40 zone he would have lost his license. Not correct.

correct Dan but you did say even if it wasnt a 40 zone he would have lost his license. Not correct.

I hate you :)

[quote author=Garts]

I hate you :)
[/quote]

Now please type I was wrong :p

my w key is broken :)

Technically I was not wrong, I did however make an error in judgement in regards to information that was of a sidebar topic to the actual topic at hand.
Given the topic at hand I still stand correct and believe that the opposition has aimed to mislead and turn this into a slanging match or proportions only possible by the opposition. Mr speaker

I have a mate who was done for over 30 km and the judge let him off with a big fine as he argued that his livelihood would be affected. However his license was provisional for a year, though he didn't have to drive at 80 kmh or display Ps.

Monas case is not exceptional - it is just that he is a famous footballer (or infamous) rather than Johnny Nobody.

Monnas will lead us to a premiership in 07, as our leader, captain & at least one of the top 5 Hookers in the game - eh Byso.

Hehehehehe...soryy mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2