Monaghan 78km in school zone......... keeps licence

not good but its easy to lose concentration and speed. wont get stuck into him as I would have done the same thing no doubt.

Good point. I'm sure most of us would of done this before.

In schools zones????
No- I havnt.
MM needs to get himself a 1980 Gemini. You will no when your doin 80 in one of them.

In schools zones????
No- I havnt.
MM needs to get himself a 1980 Gemini. You will no when your doin 80 in one of them.

more than likely have, it happens and is easy to do when you have other things on your mind. like I said not good but I wont rip into him for something I have done myself and will probably do again at some point.

There wouldnt be too many people who haven't driven over 40km in that part of sydney road. It is well known that the cops park outside balgowlaah oval and book drivers comming xceeding the limit along sydney road almost every morning.

Same with the school zone on warringah road outside forest hgh. Everyone exceeds 40 k's there as well.

I am surprised the government hasn't put a couple of fixed speed camera's in these areas yet.

They would be guaranteed about $1m in fines in their first week alone and would be best the best revenue raising speed cameras in australia.

i am against speeding in school zones but know that i have done it accidently - realising and quickly getting off the accelerator.

The worst spot is CW's places where the school zone goes for about 5 kms of pennant hills road. You drive past a school and after a km or so you think you must have missed the end sign and speed up only to come into another school with just the small reminder sign

I've done it as well. My problem is that since I train it into the city all week it's extremely rare for me to drive when the school zones are active. Obviously it's no excuse but can explain the behaviour.

Having said that I'm sure Monas would be a regular driver during school hours & should have known better..

I think thats at Middle Harbour Primary School on McPherson St, Mosman - just around the corner from me. It has a notorious 40km/h zone there. Isn't that where Sophie went to school? (and where she was hit last time?)

Nah I'm pretty sure Sophie goes to school at Balgowlah Primary on Frenchs Forest Road. Where she got hit is at the bottom of a very steep hill. They put in traffic lights soon after the accident to replace the pedestrian crossing which was notorious with the locals for being a danger spot. It's awful that it took Sophie getting hit to get any action happening (but typical).

FFS - doing nearly TWICE the legal speed limit in a school zone is a big deal! These zones were put in place to protect the school kids from drivers. It is much easier & quicker to stop doing 40 than it is doing 78km/h - the difference between life & death!
As a father of 4 and a nurse, I believe that the book should be thrown at ANYONE who speeds through school zones!

I am sure that MM does fantastic work for charities & disabled children. But by his actions, was he trying to drum up business????

[quote author=earl]
In schools zones????
No- I havnt.

more than likely have, it happens and is easy to do when you have other things on your mind. like I said not good but I wont rip into him for something I have done myself and will probably do again at some point.
[/quote]
Well dont rip in then Garts.
And also dont presume to know what i have or havnt done.

They can only get you a long speed limit zone as they are not allowed to set up their cameras too close to speed changes

I think Costanza said this very wise phrase

"If you truly believe it, it wont be a lie" ;)

[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=earl]
In schools zones????
No- I havnt.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didnt presume anything about what you have or havnt done. you asked me a question, Isnt that what these little symbols mean ??????

I just gave my view on it. nothing more, nothing less.

[quote author=earl]
[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=earl]
In schools zones????
No- I havnt.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didnt presume anything about what you have or havnt done. you asked me a question, Isnt that what these little symbols mean ??????

I just gave my view on it. nothing more, nothing less.

[/quote]
My fuse is real short today , so for that i apologise ,
but when you put " more likely have" after a post i made saying i havnt, are you not presuming i have.

Monahan's a dick. Any one of us wankers would have lost our licences and deservedly so. Anytime it happens to me I'm all for the Sophia Lorenzo excuse and get Simple Simon to write me a letter, presto I'm of too. I blame Delmege for resigning the complete waste of a signing, his long kicking game was crap in 06. Sack the dickhead for bringing the club into disrepute.

Earl I can see where the confusion comes from, I only remember reading the first line of your post and assumed you were asking have I sped in a school zone. hence the reply more than likely, meaning I more than likely have.

had a big night on the piss last night so am a little slow at taking it all in today.

Monahan's a dick. Any one of us wankers would have lost our licences and deservedly so. Anytime it happens to me I'm all for the Sophia Lorenzo excuse and get Simple Simon to write me a letter, presto I'm of too. I blame Delmege for resigning the complete waste of a signing, his long kicking game was crap in 06. Sack the dickhead for bringing the club into disrepute.

Congratz

1 of the dumbest things i have ever read, and i have seen all that has gone on over the forums the past 5 years. It takes a lot to beat the old MSE forum, but you have just about done it i think

For the record the offence was reported to be on Sydney Rd outside Balgowlah Boys High School, not far from the hill that goes down to the Spit Bridge. Sophie goes to Balgowlah Heights Primary School (same one as my missus though about 35 years later!!).

It is three lanes wide. I don't blame MM for trying to defend himself though he was driving fast.

As a teacher and a parent some 40 k Zones are a joke. Sure - where parents and kids are parking, reversing, crossing roades etc the limit needs to be 40 km but on main roads where there are fences, overbridges and noone parks for kids it seems a joke to have the zone. Kids also need to learn about road safety. Everything is so sanitised it isn't funny.

78 in a 40 zone. license lost for anyone else!

not cool, undoubtedly does a lot for charity but a normal citizen who did the same would be told tough luck.

jesus doth weep

For the record the offence was reported to be on Sydney Rd outside Balgowlah Boys High School, not far from the hill that goes down to the Spit Bridge. Sophie goes to Balgowlah Heights Primary School (same one as my missus though about 35 years later!!).

It is three lanes wide. I don't blame MM for trying to defend himself though he was driving fast.

As a teacher and a parent some 40 k Zones are a joke. Sure - where parents and kids are parking, reversing, crossing roades etc the limit needs to be 40 km but on main roads where there are fences, overbridges and noone parks for kids it seems a joke to have the zone. Kids also need to learn about road safety. Everything is so sanitised it isn't funny.

Good point CW, it's also normally a 70 zone. Its not its a single lane road with Zebra crossings etc. I know I've done similar thing in the past.....by mistake.

It's obvious the magistrate took a common sense approach for a change. Should be offered to more people I guess.

The shock jocks got into him deluxe yesterday though.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2