MON NIGHT DISGRACE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to think they weren't consulted... However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was incompetence.............. I'm sure the NRL will let us know if they can point the finger back at the club.....

Things may have changed since 2013 but you'd have to think before releasing it the clubs would have the draw for a week or so and if that's the case why wait until now to complain.

Remember they were hammered on Facebook and Twittter by irate fans and members so the cynical me thinks it's only due to that happening.

It's hard to believe that the clubs were not given a draft of the draw beforehand
And if they did its total incompetence and its a press release to save face

See I have been saying that for years " virtual crowds"

Fans complain, members complain, TV viewers watch advertisements and pay subscriptions .

Coming to a small screen very soon!!
Fifty years from now the footy will be played from a channel 9 or fox studio

It's hard to believe that the clubs were not given a draft of the draw beforehand
And if they did its total incompetence and its a press release to save face

Exactly my thoughts , after they got hammered on social media!!

Just shows us how well thought of we are as members.

Exactly my thoughts , after they got hammered on social media!!

Just shows us how well thought of we are as members.
Customers "fans" like us are the worst. We have opinions and passion for the club. We cause trouble. Mark, they don't give a **** about your stiffy. They really just want you to watch NRL on TV. The people like us who buy the tickets, waste time on here, banner waving, card carrying, pie eating fans/freaks are a pain the arse for them. Ask ZtfC what he thinks of us? He hates us. Just as much as most of us (except my feathered friend Bozo) hate him. Peace out Ryan. My dream is to get a positive comment back from you one day.

Customers "fans" like us are the worst. We have opinions and passion for the club. We cause trouble. Mark, they don't give a **** about your stiffy. They really just want you to watch NRL on TV. The people like us who buy the tickets, waste time on here, banner waving, card carrying, pie eating fans/freaks are a pain the arse for them. Ask ZtfC what he thinks of us? He hates us. Just as much as most of us (except my feathered friend Bozo) hate him. Peace out Ryan. My dream is to get a positive comment back from you one day.
Well, they have won then. I will go to the Sunday game but the rest I will see if I can make... Probably be a Foxtel seat for most of them..

I have Foxtel. If I want to, I can stay home and watch every game.
But why would I do that ?
I want to see my team play live. Soak in the atmosphere. Cheer like an idiot with the rest of you on the hill on the 50m line.
But I can't get to games when they're played after work like many of you.
I'm just a bit tired of being treated like a mug by Greensnot and his cronies.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
was there that day too.. in the memory bank for some reason.. was Larry Corowa on the wing for them at this time ?

was a full house .. I think maybe about 26k ? pretty sure it used to get up to that down there. Was in the north east cnr of the hill that day.

Larry Corowa didn't debut until Rd.1 1978 against Penrith at Leichhardt.

The crowd that day was a then ground record 25,876. Manly won 14-0. Bozo and Tom Mooney bagged 3 pointers while Ray Branighan kicked 4/6. Greg Cox kicked 0/2 for the Tigers.

The attendance is the 3rd highest in Brookvale Oval history behind the 27,655 ground record (vs Speels 1986) and the 26,168 who turned up to see us play Canberra in Rd.22 1994. This was Mal Meninga's last non-finals game.

No prizes for guessing which day of the week the top 3 crowds at Brookvale were set on......(Sunday).

Last edited:
If Manly management truly were OK with the draw and signed off on it then they've shot themselves in the foot. They'll be able to count on one hand the number of Manly supporters knowing the draw who will now sign up for a season membership. The much cheaper 3 game pass will still sell ok or otherwise they'll have to count on supporters buying tickets to individual matches. Both are much less lucrative.

If Manly management truly were OK with the draw and signed off on it then they've shot themselves in the foot. They'll be able to count on one hand the number of Manly supporters knowing the draw who will now sign up for a season membership. The much cheaper 3 game pass will still sell ok or otherwise they'll have to count on supporters buying tickets to individual matches. Both are much less lucrative.

Agree with this, if they are getting pretty much all of the hire cost of Brookvale covered by hosting it on a Monday night then i'd say they don't care. I think it looks pretty silly complaining now about it after it's been released. I bet they didn't think of the short turn around schedule, or maybe they had assurances from the NRL that they would look after it and screwed Manly over it. I doubt the NRL would have any sympathy towards us regardless of who is running the joint.

See I have been saying that for years " virtual crowds"

Fans complain, members complain, TV viewers watch advertisements and pay subscriptions .

Coming to a small screen very soon!!
The whole thing sucks, the game has been hijacked by the media barons and we the loyal fans have been pushed aside in the scramble for ratings, all the nrl is concerned with now is income. Forget the Penns, this is an insult to every fan who made this game what it is, through support for the team we love, the rain and cold we sat through, a sheet of plastic under which we huddled together our only defence against the elements, eating pies smothered in tomato sauce and cheering on our beloved Eagles through win, loss and draw and having the time of our lives, hoping our favourite players would come to the fence and shake our hands after the game, Greenturd and his inept cohorts are seeking to disenfranchise us, to sanitise the game making it palatable only for widescreen tv audiences, they seek to remove the atmosphere and passion of game day and I'm filthy, it would seem through their greedy profit at all costs attitude the Penns have opened the door to this digital future of the game as well as being in part responsible for this unfair joke they call a draw, every fan should write to the nrl and shout their disapproval at what is happening, let them know that this totally unfair lopsided draw won't be tolerated, and the architects, ie Greenturd and Richardson be removed asap. I'm just a cranky old bugger I suppose but the draw and the direction the dickheads charged with the welfare of the game are taking it give me no choice but to attack and let them know enough is enough !!!

The whole thing sucks, the game has been hijacked by the media barons and we the loyal fans have been pushed aside in the scramble for ratings, all the nrl is concerned with now is income. Forget the Penns, this is an insult to every fan who made this game what it is, through support for the team we love, the rain and cold we sat through, a sheet of plastic under which we huddled together our only defence against the elements, eating pies smothered in tomato sauce and cheering on our beloved Eagles through win, loss and draw and having the time of our lives, hoping our favourite players would come to the fence and shake our hands after the game, Greenturd and his inept cohorts are seeking to disenfranchise us, to sanitise the game making it palatable only for widescreen tv audiences, they seek to remove the atmosphere and passion of game day and I'm filthy, it would seem through their greedy profit at all costs attitude the Penns have opened the door to this digital future of the game as well as being in part responsible for this unfair joke they call a draw, every fan should write to the nrl and shout their disapproval at what is happening, let them know that this totally unfair lopsided draw won't be tolerated, and the architects, ie Greenturd and Richardson be removed asap. I'm just a cranky old bugger I suppose but the draw and the direction the dickheads charged with the welfare of the game are taking it give me no choice but to attack and let them know enough is enough !!!
Sorry eagleron ... I could only give this posting a like. The middle sentence fell an agonising 2 words short of the double ton. If only you'd finished it with an "as soon as possible" boundary instead of clipping it to mid-wicket with "asap".

The A-League fans up and walked out after 30 minutes over the weekend.

Say what you will about soccer, but the fans are not scared to take a stand.

You @eagleron are simply " on fire"

Sorry eagleron ... I could only give this posting a like. The middle sentence fell an agonising 2 words short of the double ton. If only you'd finished it with an "as soon as possible" boundary instead of clipping it to mid-wicket with "asap".
Sorry @Rex I'm afraid I got a bit carried away mate, I'll go open a stubbie and rethink my approach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4