Moderators please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went to watch Parramatta vs. Manly @ Parra Stadium one day (we won funnily enough). We had to park a kilometer away. I walked past a single mattress on the street which I assumed was for council clean-up, until I saw an empty VB bottle, and a syringe & rubber chord next to it.

That was the last time I visit the low down, filthy place. If you really think you can compare the Parramatta demographic to that of the Northern Beaches, your dillusional my friend. Maybe then, in your 4th dimensional, rainbow's and sunshine world, Parra MIGHT be in the top 6 :)

A few years ago in 2010 my wife and I were looking at a unit in Parramatta.

We turned up at this massive multi-storey tower. The first thing I noticed was a 'jolly roger' flag tied to one balcony. I asked someone going out what the building was like. I was told it was a terrible building. 'There is a lot of violence happening at the building.' I assumed he was a resident (he was wearing a Parramatta costume - jersey and cap)

I then noticed the burnt-out cars (about 5 of them if memory serves) at the front and side of the building.

Needless to say we didn't even bother to go in for an inspection.

We just went back to our car (glad that it hadn't been vandalised by the way) jumped in it and went home thinking and discussing between ourselves, we have just seen the ugly side of Sydney. The trip north was almost as horrendous - I nearly had about three accidents with people not knowing the road rules and turning directly in front of me. Quick reflexes saved us from accidents. When we reached home I said to me wife I am glad we didn't have an accident I wouldn't want to be marooned there without a car for any great time until a tow truck came by.

Those thoughts have never lest me even after five years.

Sorry Parramatta fans but you won't see my wife nor I in your area anytime soon even though I must say it there are probably some nice Parramatta people there but none I saw on that day. And that's from a bloke who lived in Fairfield in the 70's and actually liked the place.

I only got broken into about twice while living there.

Don't give us that martyr crap.
I've been to Parra stadium. You lot are one of the more outspokenly aggressive supporter bases. You can't go for a beer without somebody threatening to 'bash ya". Don't worry, it's not personal. Saints, Souffs & Dogs fans act the same way.

Hey Duff - don't forget Newcastle as well. I was there at "Marathon Stadium" in 1993 and while supporting Manly I was pelted with rocks and stones. These kids would have been about 6 years old. Young men in their 20's now. But the sad part was the parents egging these little b@$t@rd$ on.

I only go to Brookvale now to watch a game live. Otherwise it is on TV.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6