Moderating, threads, and issues you have with other users

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

It is unfortunate in my opinion that I am having to post something like this again. However feel it needs to be said, particularly due to the somewhat of a slanging match on Twitter, which I think is also unbecoming.

Now we have a member base of about 3000 users, of that, probably 500 are abandoned accounts, and a further 100 would be dual persona's.
This means we have somewhere just over 2000 active members at a conservative estimate. As is human nature, not everyone is going to get a long, this is further complicated when you add the passion that comes with being a Sea Eagles supporter into the mix.

with that all said, I need to assure you and remind you of a few things.

- I track all IP addresses and have other pattern matching, I tolerate multiple personas when they are harmless and found, but stamp them out when they cause issue.

- None of the moderators or admins have multiple accounts (actually I have about 3, Daniel, testdan and testuser, all used for testing various things, but clearly obvious)

- Any moderator found to have another persona that is used to stir trouble, will lose their moderator position immediately (though that probably makes life easier for them)

- It is not possible to keep 100% of the people 100% happy, 100% of the time, it's just an unfortunate reality of the society we live in. However we take several measure to make life better for everyone here, and try to make it possible to stamp these issues out. As such there are the following options available to you.

1 - Ignore, this button allows you to ignore posts by this user, they are hidden from view and you don't have to deal with them, you can change this setting to on or off at any time.

2 - Report using this button lets you report a post, thread or user to the moderators and then allows them to take action or make a call on that action. We take all complaints seriously, though sometimes we have to decide whether the complaint has any tinge of personal issues with it. appropriate action is taken, by the post being removed, edited, deleted or the complaint is responded to with feedback if the post etc does not warrant change.

Please remember the moderators and admins all have lives, we all work full time jobs and we all have families and other things we need to do. It is not possible for anyone to read every single post, every single day, and we make no claim to do so.

If you have an issue with a post or poster, rather than complain directly in there and then ask why no action has been taken on the post, it is better to use the "Report" button and report the post, this way it goes into the moderation queue and insures 100% that a moderator will view the thread and your specific complaint from there action can be taken, the user can be warned, banned or the post can be altered.

Please remember it's a thankless task and we do our best, but without your help it isn't possible to effectively police things.

Dan

To ignore a user, just click on their name and then down the bottom of their profile there are two options

1 - Add to Buddy List
2 - Add to Ignore List

anthonyb1965 said:
I for one, thank you Dan and the other moderators for our site!!!

here, here... or should that be hear, hear... i never know which one is correct.

Go Manly!!!

Thanks guys, the mods do the lion share of the work and i just ask that everyone try to be patient. If you do see a post you take umbrage to, then please report it and we will be happy to look at it

Yes thank you to everyone (especially Dan) who does such a fantastic job running this site and to all those who post with such passion, intelligence, decorum and humour (not found in many/any other rugby league forums) -I would be fifty percent more productive without you.

I know Dan has publicly stated he would never ask for a membership fee but I for one think that new 'silvertails' logo would look pretty good on a cap - have to be better than the 2012 members one that makes my head look asymetrical with those bloody chevrons on the bill!

I would gladly fork out for a silvertails emblazoned cap if the profits meant this site got a helping hand.

And for those alleging I am these alter-egos popping up on the site, get a grip. I have never resiled from criticising under my own moniker where criticism is due.

I confess I've lost interest in all the political argy-bargy and club in-fighting. If anything the Hasler incident seems to have bought greater unity anyway.

Well, maybe it's only human to wonder sometimes. I raised my suspicions on one previous occasion, and they turned out to be unfounded.

The ironic thing is that most of us here do not know each other anyway, so what is the big deal if someone posts under one anonymous user name versus under some other anonymous user name?

The posts should ideally be responded to based on their content, not on who we think the poster really is.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Well, maybe it's only human to wonder sometimes. I raised my suspicions on one previous occasion, and they turned out to be unfounded.

The ironic thing is that most of us here do not know each other anyway, so what is the big deal if someone posts under one anonymous user name versus under some other anonymous user name?

The posts should ideally be responded to based on their content, not on who we think the poster really is.
No I hack on u because u hijack my posts ;) even if your right I'm gonna disagree ;)

Can someone tell me what Dan said, I've got him on my ignore list.

His lips were moving but all I heard was "blah blah blah...."

Actually, I love it when Dan does one of his longer posts.

Thanks to Dan and all the mods for giving us this site. Without it we wouldn't have a forum to bitch,whinge,moan,cry,scream,hurl abuse,tease,annoy,denigrate,belittle and ridicule anyone who doesn't support Manly. Come to think of it even those who do support Manly cop it as well.

Chip and Chase said:
Can someone tell me what Dan said, I've got him on my ignore list.

I was waiting for someone to post a smart arse comment like this, it didn't take long :bash:

You just beat me to it. :D

I cop all of the above from Mrs Mozgrame once a month, and we both love Manly! Maybe i should get her set up here instead.

Fro said:
Correct SER8

I know a fair few of the regulars and would have met about 100 of them at the games, and im not alone there. Some of us know each other very well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6