Mobile App for Silvertails - interest?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ha I am looking into whether I can sell the app, I would most likely release it free as a value add rather than make you all pay for it. Just cost of doing business I guess

So total buy in for me to be able to charge it isnt so bad, its a yearly cost plus a yearly app store fee for each of the app stores

I think the mobile site is excellent. To me, the only real feature over the mobile site would be push notifications, which for me would be nice, but not a massive incentive. If it was only a couple of dollars I'd probably buy it to support Silvertails, but that would be the only reason tbh.

I havent developed the app its an app for the software we use and I can purchase it for us to use which will have all the above features.

Push notifications is probably the biggest one
count me in Dan.... I travel heaps for work and the Silvertails app is something that i have wanted for years!!

I think the mobile site is excellent. To me, the only real feature over the mobile site would be push notifications, which for me would be nice, but not a massive incentive. If it was only a couple of dollars I'd probably buy it to support Silvertails, but that would be the only reason tbh.
Looks like I can get in with a branded app for $200USD per year, and I would just have it free. I wouldn't be able to do my own modifications to it, but essentially it will be a cusotm browser app anyway and most features I would deliver through the site.

It really is not that different from the mobile sit in all honesty. I could add push notifications for a lot cheaper too, but I think I may as well just go all in if it increases engagement

Ok so I have signed on to get the app. It is being custom developed and we have a current target for release set for May 3rd we may have access to limited pre-betas.
I could have got a more simplistic app and put that in place now but it cost more and this one is being better put together IMO.

So whilst there is a slight delay I thin it will be worth it.

Dan

This would be amazing Dan i usually use the website from my phone anyhow and would streamline it a hell of a lot.

Ha I am looking into whether I can sell the app, I would most likely release it free as a value add rather than make you all pay for it. Just cost of doing business I guess

If we are all willing to pay for it why give it away??

If we are all willing to pay for it why give it away??
It's about the delivery method. If I pay to have it so that I can charge via the ap store then it costs me an ongoing yearly fee close to $1000 if I buy the turnkey solution I don't have to pay for the App Store fees just the license. As it is delivered through another developers account I get it cheaper.

I think it will add value and increase engagement and am willing to pay for it so everyone can enjoy it free.

Maybe I'll see if I can do something with permissions once the ap launches but I don't want to pull money from your pockets times are still tough :)

More features usually means more loss of privacy and tracking.

People are offering themselves as slaves and giving up privacy all for convenience and pleasure.

I don't trust Apps and never use them.

More features usually means more loss of privacy and tracking.

People are offering themselves as slaves and giving up privacy all for convenience and pleasure.

I don't trust Apps and never use them.

Dafuq dude?
Your tinfoil gets a solid work out though.

In fairness I use the web view of Facebook simply because it uses less battery but if you are concerned about tracking then switch off your internet and radio emitting devices.

You make it sound like I have an alterier motive rather than simply providing a native experience. Any stats that come out of the app are simply download stats in the App Store. It's more or less just a web viewer.

Already got silvertails in an app. XenForo has been a little beauty. But yours will be better @Dan and I'd buy it if you go that way.

Dafuq dude?
Your tinfoil gets a solid work out though.

In fairness I use the web view of Facebook simply because it uses less battery but if you are concerned about tracking then switch off your internet and radio emitting devices.

You make it sound like I have an alterier motive rather than simply providing a native experience. Any stats that come out of the app are simply download stats in the App Store. It's more or less just a web viewer.
I never stated "you" have an ulterior motive i'm saying in general Apps do.

There is tracking and there is tracking Dan, certain tracking is ok others not so much.

If something comes for free i have no issue whatsoever with a certain amount of loss in privacy or tracking---that is the trade-off to getting the app or software for free, paying for an app or software all tracking should be off---but even paying makes no difference these days.

Me personally speaking, could care less if I'm tracked nothing to hide but for the greater good i prefer this was not the case so i side with that mindset.

There is one negative of blocking tracking that i have noticed--- i don't get the "Hot Single Cougar" banners like everyone else has in the past feeling so left out that my browsing on this site is not a tailored experience.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4