Missing in action (MIA)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perception rules supreme!

As a moderator, do you expect more respect from members? If someone attacks you, once off, and is what you yourself would consider NOT run of the mill behaviour, would you use your mod abilities to cane them, or would you let it slide? Members have no power and if they can't defend themselves, they must simply cop it sweet or leave. By the way, I hate the old "it's only humour" shield too.

You can see that when two members have a go at each other and things get heated, if no one is there to intervene, the gutter is usually the place it ends up, which is embarrassing for the site and its visitors. The lack of respect shown by some posters here at times is woeful. It is also a big "screw you!" to Dan, IMO.

The mods should get respect and enforce their powers where and when necessary, otherwise chaos reigns and the loonies seem to be in control.

But, that's just how I perceive it. lol

Thankfully it isn't too regular of an occurrence.

Also......it's good to see you here a bit more @Fro!

You are damned if you do, you are damned if you don't. That's the problem. There are many examples of where people have been very rude or disrespectful towards me but I never use the tools we have to ban people because I personally am not getting along with them or have argued with them. My personal opinion of a poster should not and does not matter.

I am hopeful that the wider community will choose the type of community they want and if someone is being an idiot hopefully the greater community will tell them they are being an idiot and tell them to pull their head in. Or ask us to take action.

We don't want to be seen as police, we are just members of the greater whole as well.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Much appreciated. I just wish we all, as a community, could exercise a lot more common decency and respect for each other. A difference of opinion doesn't give anyone the right to carry on like a dogs supporter. lol

There are examples of members stepping in to help out other members that are being bullied, but that usually just ends in mud slinging matches and a change of target. That's where I think a mod could step in, quite calmly and respectfully, and squash the whole thing, before it escalates and lowers the atmosphere of the thread/site. If the mod then becomes the target of the idiot, he should feel free to deal with them in the harshest way. This is not a workplace, and unfair dismissal cases won't eventuate. LOL!

Anyway....I love the site and don't have any problems to report. If I cross paths with an idiot, I just don't reply anymore.

So all good stuff to read and it all makes sense.
I am a passionate fan and I care greatly about
the club. I detest that our culture has been diminished by the sacking of 2V. Culture is everything. I could get very fired up about this. But best to leave it there I think, for now.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Much appreciated. I just wish we all, as a community, could exercise a lot more common decency and respect for each other. A difference of opinion doesn't give anyone the right to carry on like a dogs supporter. lol

There are examples of members stepping in to help out other members that are being bullied, but that usually just ends in mud slinging matches and a change of target. That's where I think a mod could step in, quite calmly and respectfully, and squash the whole thing, before it escalates and lowers the atmosphere of the thread/site. If the mod then becomes the target of the idiot, he should feel free to deal with them in the harshest way. This is not a workplace, and unfair dismissal cases won't eventuate. LOL!

Anyway....I love the site and don't have any problems to report. If I cross paths with an idiot, I just don't reply anymore.

As has been mentioned before, use the "report post" function if problems arise. We all have our lives and personal commitments outside of Silvertails so we are not always online, but when we are, we don't always have the time to view all posts since the last time that we were online. For that reason, the "report post" function is the most easiest way for us to be made aware that there has been a problem. Once we've looked at the problem, we can the work out the best way to deal with the situation. Sometimes they need to be acted on but sometimes on the rare occasion, it is only an overreaction of the reporting person and no action is required.

Lotti was that somewhat unstable supporter? What about a @clontaago if we are going old school...or @Kiwi Eagle
Some good eggs we miss these days

Real life in the way a bit more these days mate, as well as a bit less enjoyment when I do have a check and see thread after thread after thread wth the same stuff being repeated over and over and it isn't highly intelligent stuff being bandied around either. The "he is ****" and "he must be sacked" and general crap talked about players is a bit zzzzzz for me

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
I kno my inglish has improoved sinse I bin on dis cite. Cite is good.

Back to fair dinkum, still no word of @eagleron ?

You are damned if you do, you are damned if you don't. That's the problem. There are many examples of where people have been very rude or disrespectful towards me but I never use the tools we have to ban people because I personally am not getting along with them or have argued with them. My personal opinion of a poster should not and does not matter.

I am hopeful that the wider community will choose the type of community they want and if someone is being an idiot hopefully the greater community will tell them they are being an idiot and tell them to pull their head in. Or ask us to take action.

We don't want to be seen as police, we are just members of the greater whole as well.
I got a spell in the sin bin for calling a mod the soup nazi from Seinfeld.. :)

Yeah its not good - hope he's OK.
Hopefully lying on a beach in the Bahamas with lots of naked women.

@eagleron is a bit like me in that sense , we can only dream of something like that!!

Maybe if I won 50 Million on Lotto, I could ditch Mrs MFB, head to the Carribean and cavort with big breasted naked amazonians and dream of when I was 21, by the way anyone got the winning numbers ?????

Agree @mozgrame , I hate an arguement.

That's not how you spell argument.

Sheesh

:p

Fact: members who don't post for 2+ weeks are not 'True supporters' and should have their accounts closed. *wink*

I doubt there is some other Manly forum where all the conversations are highly intelligent and everyone's superiority complexes lead to stimulating and revealing insights about the game in general.

So, happy to be here and again, thanks to Dan for his $$$$ and hours of work. Shout out to the mods as well.

The site may not be full of perfect members but as we all say:

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate!

Wise words.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4