Miss the 8 from here and it's your fault Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me this year I'll be happy if we can show some rebuild for the coming year or two, which means
1) blooding of Tommy T (ok more blooding)
2) A quality forward signing
3) A unified playing group

I think the Top 8 is a massive hurdle for us, and I just think it's a bridge too far. I can see us avoiding the spoon if we pull our act together, but what concerns me is that we can really leak a lot of points this year, and we don't seem to have a lot in us.

Change and direction @Frogz. ...
Finally as this is a new era for the club, I hope an announcement comes soon regarding a release of Stewart and Matai at the end of the year. They are part of the old regime and they are currently standing in the way of a new DCE led regime. It's time to cut out the dramas and this is the best way to do it. It will also give us motivation to send these two great clubman out winners.
Agree with everything but the last paragraph.
Foran and Snake want 2v to fail, so they are tanking and have no interest in 'going out winners'. :mad:
Their stats and attitude will be of concern to their next Coach, as it's apparent that they only perform if they want - not Team Players anymore :(
Pathetic from both - neither are thinking of we So-called Fans:D

I don't understand the Matai backflip, as he said that his family wanted to stay.
Maybe that crazy $2.4m from the Warrors is still on the table.:wondering: With his battered body being taped together each week now, I would hope that he goes.

I just want to get our top 16/17 on the park for 1 game this season (With Buhrer gone we can't get our top 17 all year)

The only anti Toovey thing I've noticed is his longest winning streak is 3 or 4

I can't remember Des on a streak extending to 5 or 6 other than before he knifed monaghan in the back in 05

I'll keep disagreeing with this kind of thinking.
As long as I am a Manly fan I will believe in this club. I choose to believe the effort has been there, and I'll continue to think we can make the 8 until its virtually mathematically possible, because the spirit and culture in this club soars above all others. They will come together and make a big run.
I guess we find out in 12 weeks time who is right.
NYEagle

I really hope you are right, however after Parras win tonight Manly are dead motherless LAST.

Every team in the comp are at least two wins ahead of Manly. We have only won 3 matches in 14 rounds.

If we can't beat Wests this weekend, does Toovey keep his job?

I really hope you are right, however after Parras win tonight Manly are dead motherless LAST.

Every team in the comp are at least two wins ahead of Manly. We have only won 3 matches in 14 rounds.

If we can't beat Wests this weekend, does Toovey keep his job?

I want 2V's to keep his Job until the end of the year - he deserves that at least out of respect and I personally support that but if we do lose again badly on Friday night I think he will get the boot and you will see Trent Barrett in the coaching box for the game against souths.

I just can't believe we are in this situation when last year we were unlucky not to be playing in a GF qualifier. I understand the reasons why etc - we have all debated this to death but to have fallen this far. I have no doubt we will be back next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4