Minor Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyfan76 said:
Sports bet have played out on bets for Manly to win this years minor prem.

Not like it would cost them too much and it stops anyone else betting on Manly too.

I wonder are they are still taking bets on other teams?

Brookie Brawler said:
Unless the cheating purple scum finish top 4, it will make no difference if we are anywhere 1 through 4, playing a Sydney team in week 1 at a "neutral venue".

The 100k would be nice though, given we were robbed in 2007 and 2008.

The 100K will come in handy after our home game run of rained out games. Likely to be a very lean year attendance wise at home this year.

ALinda said:
I'm with you RE, once is more than enough for me too. Manly isn't manly without the maroon and white!

I can tell you @RiverEagle at the game it was strangely like the Broncos playing in Manly colours and Manly playing in Broncos colours.....weird!

ALinda said:
ALinda said:
I'm with you RE, once is more than enough for me too. Manly isn't manly without the maroon and white!

I can tell you @RiverEagle at the game it was strangely like the Broncos playing in Manly colours and Manly playing in Broncos colours.....weird!

Yeah it looks just as weird on TV Linda.

Glad we got the win and moved another step closer to that minor premiership tonight.

(And I won't be sorry to see the back of these yellow jerseys!)

We are a great chance of taking the MP but it just feels like we are peaking a little to early, im so used to Manly making a run closer to September and timing our run perfectly, am i the only one that feels this way?

torana355 said:
We are a great chance of taking the MP but it just feels like we are peaking a little to early, im so used to Manly making a run closer to September and timing our run perfectly, am i the only one that feels this way?

I dont even feel like we have played out best football yet. There is so much improvement in us.

Not one game have I felt like we have clicked across the park.

If we defend like we did today and put the attack on that we did in the last few weeks, there isn't a team in the comp that can stop us.

I think we are going to see us really hit our straps close to finals

Sportsbet paid out on the MP last week for almost every Manly ticket. Any new bets were Manly $1.28 and that was before the Bronc defeat. We were even faves to beat Soufs at home next week. I'm thinking the MP is in the bag now and couldn't be prouder.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
ManlyBacker said:
Sportsbet paid out on the MP last week for almost every Manly ticket. Any new bets were Manly $1.28 and that was before the Bronc defeat. We were even faves to beat Soufs at home next week. I'm thinking the MP is in the bag now and couldn't be prouder.

Wish I had thrown some money on it. I have my betting kitty up to $111 at the moment need to spend it somewhere....

torana355 said:

No mate, I agree with the view that we're still a little below our best.

At times brilliant, classy and plenty tough. And grinding out gritty wins that even just last year we were finding ways to lose.

I just feel with Tooves at the helm we've been steadily building the past 3 years.

Get a top 4 finish minimum and it's a new competition (and we're very capable of going to another level). Plus we take in added hunger, from the GF loss; and extra confidence knowing we can beat anyone on our day now.

That minor premiership does look awfully like ours now, too.

Good tough, ugly win in an awesome Jersey.

Obviously a good luck charm, we should keep it for the finals!

globaleagle said:
Good tough, ugly win in an awesome Jersey.

Obviously a good luck charm, we should keep it for the finals!

Awesome, tough, good win in an ugly jersey.

Obviously we won despite that, and the only use we'd have for them in the finals is to clean our boots!

Biscuits said:
If we have the minor premiership wrapped up by round 25 will the shield be presented at brookvale. A Sunday arvo game with the presentation of the shield would ensure a sell out I would imagine.

No this only happens if you are the storm and playing at melbourne

Dan said:
torana355 said:

I dont even feel like we have played out best football yet. There is so much improvement in us.

Not one game have I felt like we have clicked across the park.

If we defend like we did today and put the attack on that we did in the last few weeks, there isn't a team in the comp that can stop us.

I think we are going to see us really hit our straps close to finals

Yeah i agree with that. We haven't really been attacking giants this year yet. Our defense is what has been winning us games.

I actually think we are due for a loss. It just feels like that's the way we've been playing. Hopefully it comes against the Titans or Eels but the Rabbits have been on a roll and they will be right up for this game.

This game is so important to winning the MP. Their +40 on F/A worries me a bit. Especially if they win on Friday.

If we win, the minor premiership should be ours. So big game.

I think we will be up for this game, we have not been playing that great but our defence has been strong. I think our attack will click in this game.

As I've said, the full week turnaround should help a bit (after the trip to NZ) and a solid tussle with the Bronx.

Our defence and commitment has been excellent; and then we have the touches of class and creativity to get the points.

As for the minor premiership, our run home isn't quite as easy as it first appears.

Lotta travel to away games for us (including the Cows last round).

As 2V himself said, " It's a great achievement in the toughest comp in the world, but the grand final is the thing! "

And yes, if we can beat South's, that's a big step toward both.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4