Minor premiership question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
A quick question for those that may know

At this stage Manly are front of the storm on Differential
Manly +272 (for 611 ag 339)
Storm +264 (for 542 ag 278)
say next week Manly win by 8 and the Storm win by 16
so they both would finish on +280 differential

who would be Minor premiers ?

willstyles link said:
Good question. It would probably be Melbourne because they beat us twice this year.

And the fact they are owned by news Ltd will have nothing to do with it

We are going to have to smash the Panfers if we have any hope of the minor premiership.

The Storm are coming off a loss, a week out from finals and are playing the bunnies in Melbourne. Plus they will have the advantage of knowing exactly how many points they need as we play before them.

All we can hope is that the Bunnies cause some havic and put Inglis, Slater and Cronk out for the season

I agree I think they will rack up at least 30 points probably 40 against Souths.  We need to win by say 30 and hope Souths turn up

Here's a question - lately the JJ Giltwhatevernamespelling shield gets presented to the top team at the last regular season game...what happens this time, as it can't be in 3 places and two states at once?  First final presentation i guess?

They could put it in the North Sydney trophy room for the night to show all the disenchanted Bears supporters what they are missing out on.

from some guy in LU:

"Anyway I'm pretty sure it goes something like:

1. Competition Points
2. F/A difference
3. F/A percentage
4. Tries scored
5. Goals scored
6. Field Goals scored
7. Toss of coin!"

There is also a quotient formula that can be used to split teams in such a scenario,
Say, in the example given
Manly +280 (for 631 ag 351) quotient equals 631/351 = 1.80
Storm +280 (for 568 ag 288) quotient equals 568/288 = 1.97

Storm have the higher quotient and therefore win MP. This approach favours the better defence or from another angle favours the team that has scored more points relative to the points conceded. I think this is item 3 F/A percentage in DVS Matt's list.

At least Souths have some points in them and are enjoying themselves (compared to the Tigers who look like they'd rather be somewhere else). That game could be unusually high scoring for a Melb match. Maybe 40-16 which could leave us with an opportunity. You just never know what Penriff will do. We just have to worry about the 2 points first to make sure we're in front of the Sharks. With an even smaller crowd (& less atmosphere) than usual at CUA I think we can put plenty of points on them. The key is to maintain our defence from the Titans match. A 28-10 scoreline would give us the MP if the other score above came to fruition.
I know top two is key but the lure of a Sunday arvo encore for Beaver and the other departees is very attractive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6