Minor premiership predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Looking at the draw for Souffs, Easts, Melbourne and Manly, I can see Easts winning the minor premiership, Manly 2nd, Souffs 3rd and Melbourne 4th.

Souffs have a very tough draw. They play Titans, Cowboys, Storm and Tigers away. I wouldn’t be surprised if they only won one of those four. At home they play Manly, Dogs and Easts – three very tough matches and three easy-to-foresee losses.

Easts only have two of their seven matches at home, but should still win at least five of the seven.

Storm has a very similar draw to us. I believe if we can beat them in round 25 then we will finish ahead of them.

All in all I’m feeling hopeful. I think Souffs, like Humpty Dumpty, are in for a big fall.

If it finishes the way you have said, I bet any money our "home" final will be at ANZ considering the boner the NRL have with favouring Souths and the Chooks.

Fluffy said:
Its the top teams decision for where they play out of the 2 Sydney venues

Sure but they won't have both games played at the SFS, they will play one at SFS and one at ANZ

Dan said:
Fluffy said:
Its the top teams decision for where they play out of the 2 Sydney venues

Sure but they won't have both games played at the SFS, they will play one at SFS and one at ANZ

They will achieve that through the refs anyway to make sure that the bunnies finish top 2

I see it
Roosters
Souths
Manly
Melbourne
With the dogs not far away in in 5th

I can see rd 25 determining 3rd and 4th as we have superior points difference than the storm

Used the ladder predictor and finished with a top 4 of Roosters, Souffs, Manly, Melbourne.
I can see Souths falling a bit, just on the factor of Inglis being out.

I reckon that the Dogs might just edge out Melbourne for fourth spot, I hope I'm wrong, but on tne other hand I would rather the dogs play the Roosters in a semi than a team like the Sharks.

Peter C said:
I reckon that the Dogs might just edge out Melbourne for fourth spot, I hope I'm wrong, but on tne other hand I would rather the dogs play the Roosters in a semi than a team like the Sharks.

I'm seeing Newcastle potentially taking fourth, out our expense. I'm not sold yet on our abilities to consistantly win the big matches coming up. Dogs aren't likely to do enough to crack the four.

I think the top four is cut and dried. I think 4th place will finish 5-7 points ahead of 5th.
I reckon South & Roosters could end up on the same points, with for & against determining the minor premiers.
I know a lot of people think, me included, that the rd 25 game against the Storm with determine whether we are 3rd or 4th. But I also think that the rd26 game against the Panthers could be crucial as well. The Panthers might just be playing for a spot in the 8 & will be hungry. Flashbacks to the last round 2002 could occur if that's the case. :dodgy:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2