Million dollar Milford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Raiders are going to offer Milford a million a year to stay put. A lot of cash for someone who has shown potential but is still very Green in my opinion. If nothing else they will make Bris or whoever signs him pay more to get him.
Fox sports news are running the story today.

You would think so as he is only 19 and played maybe 19 games of nrl. And does anybody know what his position is anyway.

manlyfan76 said:
You would think so as he is only 19 and played maybe 19 games of nrl. And does anybody know what his position is anyway.

Mainly fullback, but has also played in the halves :D

mosto said:
manlyfan76 said:

Mainly fullback, but has also played in the halves :D

Well Ricky does so well coaching halfbacks. Lol

Milford is an explosive Barba type attacking player but to be on that type of money is crazy, though he has matchwinning potential does not control a game & is far from the elite class who are on less.
Manly nearly snared him from the Junior Raiders 2 years ago.

MadMarcus said:
He will be the Canberra equivalent of Wentworthville's best player next year for sure.

Is Logan a feeder for the Raiders? If so he could live in Brisbane and yet be contracted to the faiders.

Gee guys lets all let an agenda against Stuart rule out opinion on this.... not.

Look At the big picture Brisbane have dropped the ball in recruitment and retention since Charlie Lockyer retired. Now they have are trying to go for the quick fix and getting players to take the homesick approach for more cash. It worked with Barba, some say it will work with Milford.

Good on Canberra for making it tougher for them even if he doesn't stay but they have to up the offer it's going to make it harder for them to sign both DCE and smith

Arguably, Canberra recruits/develops more talented footballers than any other club yet can't seem to hold on to them. Many of them are the flashy, unpredictable type.
What I think Canberra needs are a core of tough, professional forwards before they worry about flighty youngsters. Canberra should be contenders to the flag but the club seems to suffer from the self-destruct Parra trait.
I like watching Canberra play because they are so up and down, yet they cop a raw deal from Channel Nein.

The increase in salary cap is not designed to give 19 year old unknowns a million dollars a year....

Milford will be the next SBW...hope the league steps in and mediates a resolution, because its way too much money...

Id be making him sit out the season,....start standing up for contracts....Not that Ricky cares about contracts...his or the players he punted mid season...

I'd pay him 1million a year.

Dig this thread up in a year or 2. He's gonna be one of the best no doubt.

Napper said:
I'd pay him 1million a year.

Dig this thread up in a year or 2. He's gonna be one of the best no doubt.
Theres no doubt he is an exceptional attacking weapon but he offers similar quality to Ben Barba. Can create something out of nothing but not reliable in defence & has errors due to the flambouyant yet exciting style he plays.
Milford does not own a game like a DCE / Thurston but could play that Bowen role floating around waiting to strike.
Just not sure that style of player is worth that sort of money....

Milford to join donkeys in 2015 for two years and will be with the raiders in 2014. The faiders acknowledge his home sickness as a factor.

Source Milford signing: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canberra-raiders/anthony-milford-to-stay-with-the-canberra-raiders-for-2014-season-20131127-2y8zg.html

With the bongos signing milford and throwing coin a smith, hopefully they will leave DCE alone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7