Mike Baird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pro Manly! According to his Twitter posts during the finals last year. Remember him also stating the 2007 title should be given to Manly back in 2010.

Hand Manly 2007 premiership, MP says
Date April 22, 2010
NSW Liberal MP for Manly Mike Baird has called for the Sea Eagles to be awarded the 2007 premiership, after the Melbourne Storm were stripped of the title.
The Storm were also stripped of their 2009 premiership and fined a total of $1.6 million after being found guilty of massive, long-term salary cap breaches.
But while Melbourne lost the titles, NRL chief executive David Gallop said neither of the losing grand finalists, Manly and Parramatta, would assume those titles.
Baird, who is opposition treasurer, called for Manly to be awarded the 2007 gong and the financial rewards that would have come with it.
"If you win a premiership there is obviously a lot of upside financially and if we'd won that premiership, which it appears we should have now, then there is no doubt that the funds that flowed could have gone to developing Brookvale (Oval)," he told reporters on Thursday.
"And we'd be calling on those funds, should they become available."
The $1.1 million the Storm earned in prizemoney will be distributed evenly between the other 15 NRL clubs.
Baird described the news as "incredible" and "sad" for all fans of rugby league."
"I think all of us who love sport, and I love my sport, love every part of rugby league," he said.
"It is sad news. I think all of us believe when you get on the field ... it's a fair contest and it is really disappointing."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hand-manly-2007-premiership-mp-says-20100422-tfh6.html#ixzz2z14Ox42G

Brookie Lifeline
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/abbott-promises-brookie-a-lifeline-20130302-2fd27.html

He is a sea eagle big time, just doesn't get time to go to many games. He and Tony can get together and finally do something for gods country.

I also met with someone from Tony's Canberra office the other day and noticed a brookie oval presentation in his brief case but didnt ask the question

I can't see a premier doing anything remotely close to favouriting anyone after today! He'll probably have to show his impartiality by not giving Brookie money and putting it all into Leichardt, Kogarah and Belmore.

Shnorky said:
He is a sea eagle big time, just doesn't get time to go to many games. He and Tony can get together and finally do something for gods country.

I also met with someone from Tony's Canberra office the other day and noticed a brookie oval presentation in his brief case but didnt ask the question

i too work for the dept of Prime Minister & Cabinet, i'm still waitng to run into big Tony so we can dicuss Brookie funding!

It can't be a bad thing, although BOF was a Wests Tigers fan and Leichhardt didn't receive any funding.

Fluffy said:
Does he like a glass of red?

He must like his reds otherwise why would he as NSW treasurer not notice the budget figures being out by a billions dollars or two?

At least O'Farrell brightened up my day

http://www.news.com.au/national/internet-reacts-to-nsw-premier-barry-ofarrells-resignation-over-a-bottle-of-wine/story-fncynjr2-1226886315254

The Who said:
It can't be a bad thing, although BOF was a Wests Tigers fan and Leichhardt didn't receive any funding.

Rumour has it the Tigers only gave him a $10 bottle of Jacob's Creek, so they were well down his priority list.

Prime Minister Abbott, Speaker of The House Bronny and NSW Premier Baird - the Spine - all Manly Supporters :D

The Manly Coup leaves Putin's in the dust :p

Wonder of GG Cosgrove loves Manly too ?

HappilyManly said:
Prime Minister Abbott, Speaker of The House Bronny and NSW Premier Baird - the Spine - all Manly Supporters :D

The Manly Coup leaves Putin's in the dust :p

Wonder of GG Cosgrove loves Manly too ?

Somehow, I reckon that if Putin was on our side, it would be a case of " how big do you want this stadium of yours to be"

Unfortunately the pollies, even the very top officeholders, don't really have the power to favour their own constituents too much, as they are really acting in the interests of other 'parties'. We need the real powerbrokers on our side - the Gina Rineharts, Packers, Lowys, Stokes, Politis, Triguboffs and their ilk. Does anyone doubt that money talks? And big money talks loudest?

PS just confirmed Baird has the job ..

Triguboff hasn't helped Tigers with Leichhardt Oval or the Balmain League Club redevelopment. But you are right, a wealthy benefactor is what we need.
How about Oatley Oval?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6