Mick Mona's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the second time I have heard the rumour in the past couple of weeks.  Where there is fire....

I think that it is Max's way of punishing the supporters for all the bad comments about him since Mayer left.

I have heard totally independently (a few weeks ago) that Manly were considering Michael Monaghan.

It gave me the horrors then and it still frightens the life out of me.

As my daughters often say - how is Captain Calamity Concentric Circles going?

What a punchline re-signing Monas would be..........it'd have me rolling in the aisles.

hodgkinson has a good kicking game, but I think he is another 12 months away from grade and from what I see he is no where near the half Orford can be.

Cherry-Evans guides the team around well but Foran is the better play maker. They make a good combo and hopefully we can hold onto them both because in about 2 - 3 years they will be at NRL level I think

KaZa link said:
Monas - Orford

At least he can kick longer than 20 metres.

lolz pete

it would be a backward step, but not as much of a backwards step and most people think imo

as kaza said.. monas' kicking game is streets ahead of orfords.. sure monas' play making abilities are sucky, but i think we don't realise how much we lose in that area.

monas for 5/8 imo

whenever i think about the Monas V Orford i am always partial to Monas. But then you remember GF in 2008 when Ox was basically untouchable. He was awesome and created some critical plays at critical times to assert the dominance.

I remember what we were like last year when Orford was injured and Robson was half. We were awful. Robson has done okay with Parra - so to me it just means that someone like Orford is a lot harder to replace than first thought. No way do I want to see Monas back. Mind you, Max and his trusty steed riding back into town has a nice ring to it.

I wouldn't mind Monaghan coming back at all

The plus side would be seeing the tantrums thrown on here by Mata and co haha

For you who want Monas as a 5/8th, do you honestly believe Foran/Hodkinson etc. will stick around till he retires? Hell no, they will be at the Roosters in a blink of an eye.
Monas in the team - we lose a grand final by close to 40 points.
Monas out of the team - we win a grand final by 40 points.

Pepi link said:
Monas in the team - we lose a grand final by close to 40 points.
Monas out of the team - we win a grand final by 40 points.

LOL, that is very simplistic

Many examples could be made using that logic

For example

BK in the team, out of the finals in straight sets
BK gone, into the Grand Final

L'Estrange at the Roosters, lose a GF by close to 40 points
L'Estrange at Manly, Win a GF by 40

Hicks on the wing, Lose by close to 40
Wolfman on the wing, Win by close to 40

apart from the fact Monas was one of the main playmakers and has more of a hand in if we win or lose

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2