Mick Mona's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it was call from a Manly fan to Talkinsport about an hour ago, don't shoot the messenger

now thoughts if this eventuates

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
it was call from a Manly fan to Talkinsport about an hour ago, don't shoot the messenger

Thoughts would be to support a new team, because Delmege will have his way and Manly are a dead in the water club

Dan link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180771.msg228043#msg228043 date=1245308675]

Thoughts would be to support a new team, because Delmege will have his way and Manly are a dead in the water club
[/quote]

I doubt Delmege would have any control over who we sign, he may have suggestions but he's not the sole owner any more like he was when he signed Monas behind Dessie's back.

Dan link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180771.msg228043#msg228043 date=1245308675]

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180771.msg228046#msg228046 date=1245308992]

[/quote]

I doubt Delmege would have any control over who we sign, he may have suggestions but he's not the sole owner any more like he was when he signed Monas behind Dessie's back.
[/quote]

Delmege signed Monas behind dessies back last time for 240k you think it wouldn't happen again???

It's why Max and Dessie don't get along and would go along way to explaining Dessies KPI's (not that they are a bad thing)

Sorry guys, but the rumour I believe 'is' true, close to my sauce I am good friends with the Monaghan family, and also believe Hull FC are close to signing Orford.

I'll give MY two cents on Mick Monaghan from his time in England-

He's been a very dissapointing signing for Warrington, he's disorganised, his defence
has been woeful, and he's inconsistent.
In terms of craft & guile as a halfback, he still takes too many bad options and runs poor lines for me.

He's at his best when he plays direct and goes forward, but he's not a playmaker
and when he tries to be that's where he fails.
Possibly I underestimate him for the amount of tackles he puts in every week, taking away from his attack.

Personally I think he's overated and overpriced, he only had one good season!
I would suggest trying to tune in to some Warrington games before getting excited...

To be fair, i don't think anyone apart from Lyon has gone to the ESL and gone better than they did in the NRL.  And in Lyon's case, he went from being good at the Eels to great with St Helens, then awesome at Manly!

missing_something link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180771.msg228050#msg228050 date=1245309562]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180771.msg228046#msg228046 date=1245308992]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Delmege signed Monas behind dessies back last time for 240k you think it wouldn't happen again???

[/quote]
No,I don't think it will happen again.

As I've said before Max was sole owner back then and everyone loved him and he did nearly whatever he wanted. He was our saviour and he thought by bailing us out he could anything including signing players.

He is now a co-owner and not as loved as he used to be. Members are also a lot more wary and suspicious of both factions.

As much chance as MM coming back to Manly as the talking fools led by Graeme Hughes at Talkin' Sport have of being considered serious journalists.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2