Michael Robertson --> London harlequins 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I didn't see that coming but I guess the timing is right for him. He wouldn't make a Manly team of the century but he is a deadset Manly champ. What a fantastic player and bloke he has been for us. Good luck Robbo.

Heartbreaking news. I'm guttered. Robbo is one of my favourite players. I couldn't beileve it when I heard it on the radio yesterday.

Robbo will be surely missed. Hope it was his decision to move on and not Manly's.

Good luck and hope you finish your time at Manly with another premiership ring.

Anyone else feel bad that this guy never got a chance to play rep in Australia (apart for from Scotland)? He deserved to!

It's very sad news, but in Des and Crusher I trust.

So only 2 or 3 games left to sing loudly ....

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na,
Michael Robertson
Robertson, Michael Robertson

As someone else posted, he has only signed a one-year deal. Are they looking at another Farrar scenario? Bring him home in 12 months?

Several possibilities here.

Are we the Harlequin's feeder club??

Still shattered. There's no one like the wangman. He was simply outstanding on Sunday.. taking bomb after bomb under such pressure. I'll miss him so much.

top consistent performer. such an underratedplayer, super safe under the highball and has speed to burn. I was in the corner when he scored 2 of the 3 grand final tries. hopefully more tries to come.

In regards to replacements, leave it to Dessie, Crusher and co, they did very well with the current wingers.

nita said:

Yes looks like we are. Nearly half of their run on team could be made up of ex Manly players.

Robbo compares favourably with our greatest wingers: K Irvine, Tom Mooney, John Hopoate and, dare i say it: Les Hanigan. I seen 'm all.

His precision, his reliability and 'finishing hunger' have been priceless.
And he will keep doing it for us right up until the GF !

Thanks for the mems.

I'm still waiting for the News Ltd papers to come out with the heading "Michael Robertson quits Manly in protest over Zorba's sacking"

I wouldn't think a winger moving on is "big news". They're just blokes who get to hang out with footballers.

nita said:

Certainly looks like it :
Luke Dorn
Chad Randall
Mark Bryant
Shane Rodney
Micheal Robertson

not to mention
Luke Williamson had a stint there

There was a rumour going around that the 'Quins were going to have a name change (again) due to the confusion with the Union club (even though both owned by the same guy), so maybe they'll just change it to the London Sea Eagles

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6