Michael Oldfield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
The mail is that he will be making his 1st grade debut tomorrow, on the wing.
Anyone know much about him? I have seen him play a couple of times this year and he goes ok. Great to see a local jr getting a crack.

Michael  Oldfield
Date of Birth : 24 November, 1990
Height : 187 cm
Weight : 95 kg
Position : Centre/Wing
Junior Clubs : Harbord Devils

Does anyone know if he is the son of the actor Eric Oldfield who used to live in Harbord?

His first album was a critically claimed success. Mike Oldfield is a brilliantly talented - yet reluctant and shy - musician, whom was first discovered by Richard Branson. Now he's on the wing for Manly - great stuff :^)

captainskin link said:
His first album was a critically claimed success. Mike Oldfield is a brilliantly talented - yet reluctant and shy - musician, whom was first discovered by Richard Branson. Now he's on the wing for Manly - great stuff :^)
In style he's a bit like Steve Bell, only tubular.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=captainskin link=topic=184642.msg284436#msg284436 date=1281846944]
In style he's a bit like Steve Bell, only tubular.
[/quote]

His second album, following Tubular Bells, was named after another Eagle great Hergest Ridge.

And it was also a Number 1 in the UK.

im looking forward to seeign how he goes, hes quite tall, he played fullback when manly played storm lastweek, hes didnt play to bad, lets just hope hes safe as houses under the high ball.

He goes really good on the wing, I saw one toyota cup game where he caught a bomb on our goalline, pushed off the defender and ran 100 metres to score. He's big for 20's, gets into dummy half and makes some runs. He will be up against a tough customer in Nightingale. Great to see another local boy in 1sts. People needc to remember he's only 19!! Anyway, as long as he does his best that's all we can ask.

Thta was the 1st game he played fullback and I wouldn't be putting him there. There is no one else other than Robbo!! We have to leave Matai, Lyon, T rex, Keiran and Hodko in their normal positions.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=184642.msg284504#msg284504 date=1281862959]
For those born post Cold War, what genre was Mike Oldfield?

Progressive rock, I guess.
[/quote]
he played every instrument on the album(s)
Tubular Bells is a masterpiece
If this Mike is like the old Mike, then I want to be like Mike

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6