Message to Mum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Singapore's laws are it's laws, and under these laws he must die. However, imagine waking up tomorrow and the first thought in your head is your neck snaping in a couple of hours.

It is not a quick death as some may think. His neck will (hopefully) break rendering him unconscious. Hanging by your neck leads to "Comatose asphyxia" or lack of oxygen while unconscious. Brain death follows in about 6 Mins, total body death at 15 mins.

And all that is only if the executioners estimates are right. If the rope is too short, he will hang until he chokes to death. If the rope is too long, it will decapitate him.

Surely to be taken seriously, Singapore must keep up with the times. The Lethal injection more or less uses the same process (unconsciousness, brain death, body death) only without the brutality.

I don't know weather Capital punishment would be a good thing or a bad thing in Australia. It's not my job to make that decision. But, Surely if a life is to be taken, some compassion or mercy can be shown.

Let the woman hug her son.

The Fonz....Not a truer word said mate and exactly where i am coming from!

Death is the maximum penalty, plenty of others end up with life sentences and many more getting a kings pardon.

Paul Hayward and Warren Fellows are 2 examples who were caught with more heroin than this chap!

Byso and Mata, if one of your kids for some reason got caught with drugs in Singapore and was facing the death penalty, would you still be saying they deserved it or sending emails around mocking their death?

I'll be very surprised if either of you say yes
I've pondered that.

I guess I'm being pre-emptive by letting them learn that there are consequences for their choices and that they can't blame everyone else for their own mistakes.

Hypothetically I would probably be saying that to them on death row. But I know in reality I would be gutted.

[quote author=clontaago]
Byso and Mata, if one of your kids for some reason got caught with drugs in Singapore and was facing the death penalty, would you still be saying they deserved it or sending emails around mocking their death?

I'll be very surprised if either of you say yes
I've pondered that.

I guess I'm being pre-emptive by letting them learn that there are consequences for their choices and that they can't blame everyone else for their own mistakes.

Hypothetically I would probably be saying that to them on death row. But I know in reality I would be gutted.

[/quote]

Totally agree, everyone has to take responsibility for their actions.

Lets not forget too that Van has accepted full responsibility for his actions and although he gave reasons of why he did it, true or not, he has never blamed anyone but himself for what he did. I respect him for that.

I am not a religious person at all but I am a compassionate person and I feel for him and his family.

1. I did not put up the joke - I moderated it. I said I was sick of hearing about Van Nguyen. He is not the martyr the media are making him out to be.

2. I would be offended by byso's post if it were my son but I'd also know deep down that in some way his stupidity asked for it.

It was a joke text -messaged to me and I thought it would spark healthy debate. In this instance Dan jumped on his high horse.

But I guess we still had a reasonable debate none the less (by most people)

man i didn't even see the original post cuz it's been deleted but even still i know what the message would have been like (we all get them, after events like this. i.e hurricane katrina and such) but dude i'd consider just keeping em to yourself. That sorta stuff doesn't need to be spread around everywhere. I'd only consider showing that sorta stuff to a mate, who i know will see the funny side yet at the same time know that it's a "touchy" subject, those sort a text i never pass on, i just read and delete incase as daniel said it ends up in the hands of the victim/s family

If any of you chaps think that this family reads Silvertails is f-ing kidding themselves.

Christ the same fools complaining reckon the players don't read comments about themselves on websites like this.

get a grip!

If any of you chaps think that this family reads Silvertails is f-ing kidding themselves.

Christ the same fools complaining reckon the players don't read comments about themselves on websites like this.

get a grip!

Now I know you are only trying to stir the pot but hell, I will bite.

We are not suggesting that his family read Silvertails, but you having it on a public forum makes it available for others to pass on and so on and so on.....ever heard of 6 degress of seperation?

Mate if I got it on SMS it would of been passed around to about 50,000 others.

Do you seriously think that the bloke who sent it to me made it up?

Mate if I got it on SMS it would of been passed around to about 50,000 others.

Do you seriously think that the bloke who sent it to me made it up?

Nibble....Nibble.

Byso you know very well that that isnt what I am saying, and if you do then it isnt worth my effort explaining it. Stop trying to bait me, it is insensitive to do so in a post like this. I thought you had some human compassion.

What I am saying is...why continue to be a source, when you can be a bigger man and just not pass it on, or do you have some inane desire to be the centre of attention?

You may need to explain yourself better then........i'm not a mind reader!

Your quite clearly not an apt reader either!

Your argument is akin to saying "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander" in other words my counter argument could simply be "Just because a mate jumps of the harbour bridge, would you do it too?"

[quote author=byso]
You may need to explain yourself better then........i'm not a mind reader!

Your quite clearly not an apt reader either!

Your argument is akin to saying "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander" in other words my counter argument could simply be "Just because a mate jumps of the harbour bridge, would you do it too?"
[/quote]

Byso would probably take a ****en photo of him doin it!

Are they going to telecast this live like the did the Leslie and Corby verdicts?

Does anyone remember when Chambers and Barlow were hung in 1986? And they made them walk down an open pathway to the building that had the gallows and all the TV cameras were there?

Are they going to telecast this live like the did the Leslie and Corby verdicts?

Does anyone remember when Chambers and Barlow were hung in 1986? And they made them walk down an open pathway to the building that had the gallows and all the TV cameras were there?

I am very thankful I didnt see that!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4