Message to all forum users from me :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I'm not a mod here and i know i have a reputation for being a bit loose with what i post and the "colourful" language i engage in at times.

I have just noticed and feel responsible for the increase use of the Cbomb by users on this forum. To be honest reading some posts this morning i feel abit bad about. I know it gets censored out be lets be honest we all know what is being communicated.

I am going to make an effort to cease using that word in my posts and urge others to do the same i think we (i know i do) forget at times that there would be kiddies and women (besides Matas and ryan) who read this site and i think the increasing use of that word is not a positive thing for this great service dan provides us and would possibly turn people away from particpating our robust debates.

From now I am going to commit to not using that word at all on this forum and will even reframe from using my trade mark ryhming slang version Rex Hunt. I hope you other blokes do the same.

Good work cambo. As you know me im not too stressed about behavior but my son is now 6, officially brainwashed as a manly fan and is half way to reading . He is attracted to anything manly or maroon and white, just super interested. He often reads over my shoulder and recently wanted to know what **** meant as a word in one of your posts

Now he is only getting bits and pieces at this stage but i was dreading having to use the laptop everytime i logged on as i currently have it running through the plasma

good work cam. I applaud your efforts.

Good to hear that Cam. There's plenty of people who don't appreciate hearing or reading that word.

Nice fess-up Cambo!

Basically we should all probably treat this forum as if we were writing to the Manly Daily - NOT just having a yak to our mates at Brookie Hotel :angel:

Recently I recommended 3 friends from the Newcastle area to our forum and after the recent poor language and behaviour I have been ashamed of doing so. Two of my friends are women and all (like me) are mad keen Manly fans.

Clean it up you guys, stop the gutter language and PLEASE act responsibly and respectfully!!

And if Dennis Fitzgerald or similar does happen to come on our forum just tell him to rak off and make fun of him - love the ray price reference - using the cbomb or fbomb words (or euphemisms for them) just lowers the tone of our forum and makes US look like slime. OK?

I like the idea of the site, being somewhere between "A chat to mates in the pub" and if you were writing to the Manly Daily.

Just think of it as "A chat in the RSL with your mates"

you know where they make you watch your language etc, just imagine Beryl and her knitting club are sitting at the table next to you :)

Dan

Daniel said:
I like the idea of the site, being somewhere between "A chat to mates in the pub" and if you were writing to the Manly Daily.

you know where they make you watch your language etc, just imagine Beryl and her knitting club are sitting at the table next to you :)

Dan

Is that at the Hervey Bay RSL where a good time is all about? :p

Jethro said:
Daniel said:

Dan

Is that at the Hervey Bay RSL where a good time is all about? :p

:) We usually get away with a fair bit there, we know enough of the management and security team these days :)

But yes imagine you are at the RSL and that should set the scene for discussions

How corny is their ad and theme song though, Dan? Talk about Hicksville.

The ads up this way are far from quality productions...think "It's a polymate, mate" with the guy sticking his finger up at everyone.

Just to get more clarity Dan, how many beers have we consumed at the RSL when this discussion takes place?

anywhere from designated driver to being eyed cautiously by the bouncers

Daniel said:
The ads up this way are far from quality productions...think "It's a polymate, mate" with the guy sticking his finger up at everyone.

The Sunshine Toyota ads might be better production than that polymate trailer dude but for sheer ridiculousness they cant be beaten.

Daniel said:

Yeah, that's another high quality ad isn't it? Could you imagine the reception either of those two ads would get if the were shown on tv in Sydney or any other capital city? I burst out laughing the first time I heard the RSL one.

What about the hoselink one too?

So many poor ads.

What really grates on me is the upward inflection in everything that the bogans and ferals say on the ads. Sounds like the supermarket announcement system *shudder*

The worst advert of all is on the Radio and I have nearly crashed my car out of sheer annoyance at it. It's the Richard Watt optometry ad.

I swear if that woman on there were my wife, I would clock her one and take the DVO. Most annoying advert ever.

For those that haven't heard it, it goes like this

Woman: I'm just going to Richards
Man: What?
Woman: Yes, that's right
Man: What's Right?
Woman gets exasperated and by this stage my eyeball is twitching and I have either changed stations, crashed the car or thrown the radio across the room HATE IT!

If it were a real life situation it would be

Woman: I am just going to Richards
Man: Who the .... is Richard?

or

Woman: I am just going to Richards
Man: What?
Woman: That's right
Man: Bitch if you don't start making sense, I am going to drive my fist through your teeth

I am usually such a passive, non-violent type but this ad makes me lose it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8