Message from Warringah Mayor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!! :)
fca7020804d821b38b89ae6a81246836.jpg

THis was the response from a question someone sent to Michael. Not my doing, I found the response on one of the many MWSE facebook groups.

Different administration for starters.

Thanks for the input though, Mrs Peters. May I call you Barb?;)

Well I've been supporting this club for over 40 years so I am aware that at that time there was a different administration, but my point is that regardless of who is running Manly our front office has always been full of power driven people, who are ruthless and thank God for that.. Otherwise we just become weak pathetic losers with the "oh that will do mentality" of the cronulla sharks or Parramatta eels.. No thanks , Manly are winners!

I don't give a stuff how run down or old Brookie appears, as long as the playing surface is up to snuff and there's a hill that is close enough to the field that opposition players can hear us yelling 'Belt him, rip his head off etc'.. Its mainly the opposition fans that get stuck into us about Brookie, it's cos they hate going there, hate their team playing us there, cos they know they generally lose and their boys go home battered and bruised after 80mins at The Fortress.

What's wrong with the people that have put millions into the club trying to get a better deal?,
Nothing. The letter from Mayor Regan didn't accuse the club of being too ruthless. It suggested they've not told fans the full story.

What's wrong with the people that have put millions into the club trying to get a better deal?, if I was the Penns and paying Kelly I would expect nothing less than my CEO doing his job and that's running the joint with efficiency and business sense. If he can negotiate a better deal then that's he's goal, business is not about showing your hand, when are the "narks" on here going to realise this fact.. This is a business now, and we need the front office to operate as a profitable, viable business or we have no team. Seriously what are you crying out for.. The Penns to pull out their cash and where to then.. No team to support, because that is a very real senario. Who would invest in an Nrl club or any other Sporting team here in Australia anyway, it's more than likley a loss, so thank you to people like the Penns who are supporters of the team that also have a passion to keep our flag flying. Just remember the Super League saga and how devastating that was when Manly suddenly eroded. And it was people like Zorba that put up the fight and it was back room business dealings, that always had the goal that through the merger Manly would return, didn't hear too many people bagging the administration then. Thank god for clever people pushing their business brain in order to get a positive outcome for the sea eagles.
Probably cause the internet wasn't freely available to the common man back in the 1990s. Complaining then was all about writing letters to newspapers... :)

I don't think anyone here has an issue with the Penns trying to get the rental amount reduced at Brookie, especially after the playing surface was not at an NRL standard early last season. However, some people like me have an issue with Manly potentially moving away from our spiritual home - Brookvale Oval.

Except when it rains and our attendance is down by almost 50%

Changing stadiums wont change that, absolutely crap Sat night a in 2014 (I think) and Brookie had a bigger crowd than the SFS playing at the exact same time.

I do not feel as if I should comment on this as have not followed all the posts but then again cant help myself. I can understand the Council wanting a good chunk of rent of a user that supposedly can pay. If the Council wishes to have a major injection of funds into the area and Brookvale oval it will only happen if we are playing there with long term lease/agreement. Then again maybe the $10 mil from Federal government is just pie in the sky.

Im 100% behind Manly always staying at Brookie, it's our home and it is truly a home ground advantage to us..
But I just want to see us stay there and I don't think bagging out the admin helps, we are a team and should remain united, yeah we may not always agree with what management does but it's their money keeping us afloat.. I would rather support the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles playing out of another venue than some merged team representing the northern beaches, with a different name and possibly different colours playing out of another venue or even Brookie, the Northern Eagles was an example, I still supported as I felt "Manly" were really still behind it but seriously it wasn't the same feel.. All these people jumping up and down about why management lie about this and why management treat people like that is just crap, if you truly value having Manly in the NRL you will see my point.
Like to see how happy we would ALL be if the Penns pulled up stumps and leave us with the possibility of extinction.. The NRL would love nothing more than to step in financially and amalgamate a couple of clubs and get them playing out of Gosford. That's the real threat or management that we should all be distrusting!

I do not feel as if I should comment on this as have not followed all the posts but then again cant help myself. I can understand the Council wanting a good chunk of rent of a user that supposedly can pay. If the Council wishes to have a major injection of funds into the area and Brookvale oval it will only happen if we are playing there with long term lease/agreement. Then again maybe the $10 mil from Federal government is just pie in the sky.
Honestly $10 million wont fix the sh1tters and give us cold beer.

Wow, I was at Albury last year and decided that day Kelly was either a liar or a fool, probably both.

There is no way I would ever believe anything that come from him or "That Camp" again let alone support anything they advised (other than the team, of course).

It will be a great day they day the bloke is gone from our club in my opinion.
Exactly-I seen that video that somebody here kindly recorded and uploaded.
He was full of it!
The facts are people, that no matter how much you want this club to love you and share things with you-They will not embrace their fans in this way. Which I feel is a tremendous error on their part.
The inclusion of the fans in 2003-2005 was fantastic-they rebuilt the club shoulder to shoulder with it's number one asset....The FANS!
I chipped in $1000 for a gold membership in 2003 or 2004 when Delmege and co saved us. I feel very proud of that donation to this day

I think it's indicative of the Penn reign that a lot of us believe what the mayor, a politician no less has said without question nor reservation

Such is the level us trust between us as a fanbase and the current administration

It's an untenable situation and we should be sold to the highest bidder

With politics at this moment in Australia the general consensus is we are better off with the devil we know as opposed to the devil we don't

As a football club i don't think we should be resting on that luxury

I don't think the loss of A Riding (now Pittwater Council) in the early 1990s can be underestimated, when it comes to Council's own resources and finances. The increasingly fractious relationship between Warringah Council and the Manly-Warringah club has really only existed post-1992. There was the odd dispute, but nothing like today's situation. And the fact that Council cannot afford fulltime staff to look after the ground has only happened since then.

There are other reasons, like the local soccer people developing Cromer Park, rather than a multi-user setup at Brookvale; the growth of nimbyism and the accompanying rise of Greens politicians - although currently there are none of the latter on Council, to name two.

Duff, I won't argue with you. You're right, I have never actually been to Parra or Gosford stadiums (TBH I have only been to 2 venues in Sydney. The SFS and SCG, I have never yet got to Brookvale). But for their bad points that I've heard and read about, they have exactly what the NRL wants and what Brookie doesn't have.......all seats and for the most part, up-to-date facilities.

You'd better get over here this season then.

They have what the NRL wants but that's not necessarily what's best for individual clubs. The NRL are there to fight against. Look at the gronks they have running the place.

So the council and the club completely contradict one another in their statements. What a surprise. The club blame the council and the council blame the state government and club. I would assume that like in most other instances involving government and business the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

In my opinion this is simply a case of brinkmanship from both parties trying to improve their respective standings. Mr Regan in terms of politics and Mr Kelly in the kudos that will come from securing a lower deal. However it would appear that both parties are oblivious to the clubs heritage and tradition of playing at Brookie, these arguments, especially being played out in the media adds ammo to the NRL to have us play at Moore Park or Homebush as per their master plan.

Hopefully at some point commonsense will prevail and a deal will be struck, longer than 1 year otherwise we'll have this same saga again in 12 months.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6