1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merritt chosen for Origin 2

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bones, Jun 18, 2013.

1. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Nathan Merritt has beaten Jorge for the NSW wing spot for origin 2. LOL .... Here comes 8 in a row.

2. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    1 all with the decider in Sydney. Fox and ch 9 dream result

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Would have gone Uate but congrats to Merrit, good reward for years of effort and consistency

• Like Like x 1
  4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,352 / 111
    Well there will be plenty of trys on that side of the field. I just dont think Merrit will score more than he lets in.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You've got to give the guy a go, he has been leading try scorer or thereabouts for years now. Let's see how he goes. Put it this way he could be no worse than Quinn and Turner.

He could be just what we need, a back up merchant who can sniff around Lewis, Bird and Gallen.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    merrits good, experienced, a first class winger and can fill in at Fb if dugan aggravates the ankle. Good choice. Congrats to the guy

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    it was always going to be 1 all going into the decider this year

8. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    He's a good player,no doubt,and has earned his chance.That said,souffs supporters have been whinging about him not being picked for years.Here's his chance.If he's a success,good luck to him.If he's a failure,that will (should) shut the whingers up for good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +870 / 14
    I think it is a good choice, he has consistently performed well over the last few seasons and deserves a shot at SOO. It's a shame as Ferguson had a good 1st game but i think Merritt will perform well for the Blues. Taufua is one for the future though, maybe a season or two away atm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    I can live with that. I'll be there for game 3.

Ready to witness 1 in a row.

11. WESTIE

WESTIE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +333 / 9
    Does Hodges play on the same side of the field ??

12. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +870 / 14
    GI and Boyd so he'll have his hands full

13. AshfieldBazza

AshfieldBazza Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Merritt may not be everyone's first choice but still can't believe that some people think Taufua should be selected in front of him. Jorge has got problems when the other team has the ball that are way worst than even Uate at the moment. In a few years time could be a different story but for now I'm glad he's not picked as what almost certainly would happen to him would put his game back and the lost of confidence would be damaging i would think.

Merritt has earned a call up after many years of performing well at club level, but I don't get the comments in media about Merritt's prevoius nono selection as possible racism??

14. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    No, I'm pretty sure Inglis does :s

While Merritt is a solid club player, he just doesn't strike me as origin material. I remember a few years ago another set of supporters whinged for years that one of their players 'must' be picked for origin...J Soward anyone??? Hopefully this doesn't go the same way.

15. AshfieldBazza

AshfieldBazza Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Merritt may not be everyone's first choice but still can't believe that some people think Taufua should be selected in front of him. Jorge has got problems when the other team has the ball that are way worst than even Uate at the moment. In a few years time could be a different story but for now I'm glad he's not picked as what almost certainly would happen to him would put his game back and the lost of confidence would be damaging i would think.

Merritt has earned a call up in my opinion after many years of performing well at club level, I'd don't think he will be the sole reason for NSW losing if that happens in Game 2. Plenty of the team always contribute to a lost, that's why it's called a team sport

16. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Good on him I reckon it's a good selection. He'll be alright playing outside B Morris who is in red hot form Defensively and can do the jumping also. He just needs to finish off well. I'll tip a double for him on debut.

In my opinion, both Uate and Taufua are good ball runners but are too timid for the origin arena. Merrit is just cocky enough to perform well. And he's been doing it for years.

17. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 2
    Has Anthony Mundane spoken up about this yet? He is the man after all.

18. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
  19. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    I thought Daley would send an SOS to Hoppa Jnr. Get him to leave the mission for a couple of weeks ;)

Congrats to Merritt, well deserved.

20. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Yes, 8 Sea Eagles wins in row. The boys will be fresh as daisies against these tired origin heroes.

NYEagle