Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

This is all about money and professional sport. De$ will be the highest paid coach in the NRL and Crusher will be on more coin than he ever could have dreamed of. No salary cap restrictions to worry about for these recruits. Money talks.

I can tell you all that Crusher did not leave for money.

For all those apologist of the board members that have overseen this fiasco have a think about what they have done our club.

They have never spilt blood on the field like both Des and Crusher, the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

I'm becoming less inclined to support Manly, not because some staff are leaving but because of the drongoes who claim to be fans. Grow up kiddies.

Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

I've just listened to the latest 2ue news and there's nothing about it. Can you all please settle down and not jump to any conclusions. Crusher is a legend and even if he did decide to go it doesn't warrant people bringing up stuff about his wife or slandering him for the hell of it. Grow up, should be thankful for the good times we've experienced. It's there choice to move on and although it would have been nice for both to stay, I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

They said he signed late last night, maybe their not saying it again because it isn't big news or the found out they ****ed up?

He's gone. Both of them have given a massive amount to the club. I've got good memories and it's time to move on.

ManlyBacker said:
He's gone. Both of them have given a massive amount to the club. I've got good memories and it's time to move on.

You can officially confirm the reports?

He is gone all right - as stated deal was completed last night

kingoftherodeo said:
I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

There is one huge difference. Supporters pay money to support. Cleal was paid money. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting Manly in 2011 alone because I love the club. Cleal was at manly not for the love of the club but because he was getting paid. Big difference. If the bulldogs offered me $250k to be a supporter of their club and I had to attend every bulldogs game in 2012 I would not take it. I would still want Manly to win and I couldn't miss going to watch Manly play. As paying supporters we are entitled to, and have earned the right to be filthy.

The Wheel said:
I can tell you all that Crusher did not leave for money.

For all those apologist of the board members that have overseen this fiasco have a think about what they have done our club.

They have never spilt blood on the field like both Des and Crusher, the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

Which ones Wheel??

It's doubtful that anyone other than Scott Penn or David Perry had anything to do with negotiations....so which of the other board members do you feel should stand down because of this??

This whole "blame the board for everything" is getting a little much for me..that's what the media has been trotting out but it (to me) would seem far from the truth.

bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:
I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

There is one huge difference. Supporters pay money to support. Cleal was paid money. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting Manly in 2011 alone because I love the club. Cleal was at manly not for the love of the club but because he was getting paid. Big difference. If the bulldogs offered me $250k to be a supporter of their club and I had to attend every bulldogs game in 2012 I would not take it. I would still want Manly to win and I couldn't miss going to watch Manly play. As paying supporters we are entitled to, and have earned the right to be filthy.
well said bones,I agree 100%

In terms of whether he should stay or go, its different for Crusher than for Des. Whilst I was in the happy for Toovs to take over now camp, I can live with Des staying on next year. However, with the long term nature of Crushers role, I fail seeing him being able to do us justice in a recruiting role for 2012, as surely most of his work of next season has already been done.

Its got nothing to do with Crusher or Des, or going to the Dogs, etc. Purely from a job performance point of view.

master blaster said:
bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:

well said bones,I agree 100%

I wish I could understand the point you are making.

Masked Eagle said:
In terms of whether he should stay or go, its different for Crusher than for Des. Whilst I was in the happy for Toovs to take over now camp, I can live with Des staying on next year. However, with the long term nature of Crushers role, I fail seeing him being able to do us justice in a recruiting role for 2012, as surely most of his work of next season has already been done.

Its got nothing to do with Crusher or Des, or going to the Dogs, etc. Purely from a job performance point of view.
The club needs to come out and answer our questions

Dear Des and Crusher

Thanks for the memories and your roles in the good times over many decades with the greatest sporting club in the world.

I'm sure you had your reasons for leaving. I don't know what they are and to be honest I don't really care. As a fan all that matters to me is that you are gone and you are now the enemy.

Accordingly, I sincerely hope that:
1. Your moves to the Bulldogs turns out to be the worst signing ever in the history of rugby league (even worse than the current worst signings, being the Roosters signing of Fatty, the Tigers signing of Hoppa, the Sharks signing of Cuthbo and the of course the Raiders signing of Orford), and the rabid Bulldogs fans call for your heads as the rotten club languishes at the bottom of the table for the duration fo your tenure there.
2. Tooves becomes revered as the brains behind the Manly operation all along.
3. Manly keep all our young guns and start a dynasty over the next decade with many premierships, and it breaks both of your hearts that you cannot be a part of our success.
4. Manly beat the Bulldogs by at least 40 in every meeting while you are there.
5. You one day come to the realisation that leaving Manly was the worst decision both of you have ever made in your lives.

You didn't count on the Manly curse when you made your decisions. Mark my words you have underestimated the greatness of the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and at least 3 of the above will come true.

I hope you are worried. If you are not, you should be.

Kind regards
Marcus

I just rang 2UE and I was told that they have no confirmation that Cleal has signed with the dogs .

bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:

I agree Bones. I hope that the both of them are never welcomed back to the club ala Rod Reddy and the Dragons. He still hasn't been forgiven for walking out on the Dragons during Super League. I respect Steve Menzies. How much money was he offered to go elsewhere?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7