Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SwornEagle said:
Mickdog said:
SwornEagle said:
The Canterbury Seadogs... another chapter in the clubs pitiful history.

I have always been one to look to the future not back at the past. Being a Dogs spporter the future looks very, very bright. As an Eagles fan can you say the same?

The future is always built on the past, and yes I can say that Manly's future will be bright.

I hope you're right. Sadly I do think the Manly club will fold within the next 10 years

MK Eagle said:
Mickdog said:
MK Eagle said:
Who wants to compare Manly/Bulldog players , its not exactly apples with apples is it??? :huh:
In the Blue & White corner we have underperforming overpaid players who lack heart & desire & in the other corner the most dominent team in the NRL with competitive players with a will to win.
If these Dog players mentioned like Eastwood , Pritchard, Kasiano , Stagg ,Barba & co were worth mentioning should they have at least made the finals???
It would make more sense for Dog supporters envious enough to jump on this site to keep it real - Stagg vs Watmough - is this some sort of sick joke??? must be I laughed :D

I think that is why we bought a coach not a group of plahyers this time. Hasler will give the Dogs that extra push by making surew players want to play and win. Thats exactly the same reason why I think Manly will fall apart without him
Major problem - the players are the guys on the field actually playing the game, not the coach - the core of your apple (the club) is already rotton - have you ever tried to resusitate a black apple - your about to learn that it still does not taste good. Happy eating.

Lets look at this fairly. The last performance from the terrible Bulldogs team against the Premiers at their home ground was almost a good win from the Dogs. The Dogs played without 3 of there best players against a full strength Manly side.

Now the Dogs add the Manly 5/8th, the winger, the coach and all his staff and they would surely win that game. Maybe the Dogs might finish higher than manly next year if we get Hasler and Foran now:p

How Dogs fans treat a coach and a guy that bled for them week in week out.

[attachment=233]

thedogs88 said:
the 2009,2010 spree was because of mason/sbw freeing up 1mil or so

perhaps if you guys lose foran, dce, king, watmough and t rex and then focus on keeping stewart bros and brett is out injured and glenn f***s off to france you might understand.

Whilst I personally do not agree with other club supporters here as there are many RL sites that anyone can go to and it is for all supporters but in saying that I respect the rules of this site that you can post here.

Mate, a lot of us here simply don't want to understand anything that happens with the Bulldogs, we are just not interested.

Manly fans feel as though we have been attending one funeral after another for the past month, not having the on going celebrations that we should have had.

Whilst it is possible that you may have good intentions coming to a Manly, it is the fact that you support the Bulldogs, whom some of us perceive as being the instigators, whether they are or not isn't relevent anymore.

Manly fans and those of other clubs ( I have read comments on other RL forums) simply believe the Bulldogs have done the wrong thing, even some Manly haters agree with this.

We are aware that there are internal problems in our club that have either caused or contributed to all that has happened.

So mate, it just isn't the best time for you to be here and throwing anything to do with Bulldogs in our face, I just wish you could understand that.

Mickdog said:
SwornEagle said:
Mickdog said:
SwornEagle said:
The Canterbury Seadogs... another chapter in the clubs pitiful history.

I have always been one to look to the future not back at the past. Being a Dogs spporter the future looks very, very bright. As an Eagles fan can you say the same?

The future is always built on the past, and yes I can say that Manly's future will be bright.

I hope you're right. Sadly I do think the Manly club will fold within the next 10 years

MK Eagle said:
Mickdog said:
MK Eagle said:
Who wants to compare Manly/Bulldog players , its not exactly apples with apples is it??? :huh:
In the Blue & White corner we have underperforming overpaid players who lack heart & desire & in the other corner the most dominent team in the NRL with competitive players with a will to win.
If these Dog players mentioned like Eastwood , Pritchard, Kasiano , Stagg ,Barba & co were worth mentioning should they have at least made the finals???
It would make more sense for Dog supporters envious enough to jump on this site to keep it real - Stagg vs Watmough - is this some sort of sick joke??? must be I laughed :D

I think that is why we bought a coach not a group of plahyers this time. Hasler will give the Dogs that extra push by making surew players want to play and win. Thats exactly the same reason why I think Manly will fall apart without him
Major problem - the players are the guys on the field actually playing the game, not the coach - the core of your apple (the club) is already rotton - have you ever tried to resusitate a black apple - your about to learn that it still does not taste good. Happy eating.

Lets look at this fairly. The last performance from the terrible Bulldogs team against the Premiers at their home ground was almost a good win from the Dogs. The Dogs played without 3 of there best players against a full strength Manly side.

Now the Dogs add the Manly 5/8th, the winger, the coach and all his staff and they would surely win that game. Maybe the Dogs might finish higher than manly next year if we get Hasler and Foran now:p

In fairness to the players I think as our squad has matured and won a grand final so we won't be able to hold on to everyone anyway, it's really just the salary cap doing it's job.
In regards to Foran if he does jump ship for bigger $$$ I'm pretty sure it will be to the roosters, from memory he was raised in St ives and is good mates with Mitchell Pearce.
In truth I just can't see the him choosing to be at Canterbury despite what Des has chosen.

Just for the Bulldogs supporters edification here's a little quiz
Pick the odd one out..Palm Beach, Double Bay, Lakemba.

Mickdog said:

To forget the past is to ignore mistakes made or build on what succeeds for you.

The recent past indicates to me that the Dogs have learnt little from their mistakes and now think that by repeating the process ('...we failed again and need forwards; let's buy the Broncos pack...'), they'll somehow make it work this time.

You can't buy a strong culture. You can't buy team and player confidence. You can't buy loyalty from mercenaries. And you can't buy a winning attitude.

They are the cornerstones of success for every consistantly successful club and the Dogs used to have it.

The millions fed into your club will ensure that the Dogs remain in the competition for a very long time, but until your club (re)learns the tangibles that don't have a dollar value, you're destined to consistantly finish behind Manly for the foreseeable future.

As someone that has seen so much of this type of power play across many fields, both sporting and non-sporting, I'm simply not bothered by the recent dog-whistling by the Daily Telegraph on this matter, and in fact feel for you and the Doggies supporters.

The chase for immediate glory by your club has in fact blinded many of you to what will actually create a sustainable model for future success. Until you and your board all come to realise it, you're destined to be yo-yo'ing up and down the ladder as you go through your 3-4 yearly 'clean outs'.

When's the last time Canterbury's top 25 featured 6 players with 6 years or more full-time first grade experience?

Well said.

I *used* to have a fair amount of respect for the 'dogs.... Never liked them but you don't need to like someone/thing to respect them/it...

Nowadays they are nought but superleague scum, and they stagnate more and more on a daily basis. This particular buy-out of Manly's successful coaching staff merely proves (to me) that they still believe that being a winner is not earnt, but bought and paid for.

not sure how you can be angry at the dogs?

They want success on the field. They have reviewed what works and what does not and have decided to invest in the back office staff.

Clearly they have made compelling offers (financially and otherwise...) to get the people they want.

The issue is not with the dogs but those within the club that allowed this to happen

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8