MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Scott Penn Told To Quit

So much for all the harmony and love at board level that Dave Perry was supposed to have bought to the table.

This is either agenda driven media BS, or it's the same old egotistical pi$$ing contest at board level that's been going on for years now.

Either way it is tiresome. Really wish we could somehow move on.

Where's Ryan when you need a grounded comment.. Interesting it's in the Herald and not the Tele.

Revilo85 said:
The dramas are the latest instalment in a series of power struggles since the club was privatised. These have not distracted the playing group, which won the title in 2008 and again last year. Penn did not return the Herald's call last night.

This all I care about. This rest will sort itself out.

lsz said:
What is interesting is there appears to be another leak at the club

I thought it was Zorba who was the only one leaking to the tele?

As for Mr I Cam i have to disagree with you

If it is that much of an issue for you ignore him. If everyone who found him so offensive just ignored him then there would be no one to respond to his "trolling"

Either way is it really that big of an issue?
It can't be zorba, but why has the major shareholder only have 3 voted?

Cameron said:
Daniel said:
I actually agree with Mr I. If Penn goes it wont end well for the club. Looks like we are starting to love the club to death

I personally perfer penn to stay but Anthony Johnson is worth just as much if not more and still wants in what that article didn't state is he actually wanted to buy out both owners.

Daniel I think you need to remember why you started this site
And how you were all sick of that oracle dickhead and others at one eyed eagle. Because it is becoming quickly the same here with several posters over the arrogance and lies of Mr Invisible continues to pump out. Even some of your moderators don't want him anywhere near here.

Step up Dan and show some kahunas and get rid of this pest who is destroying almost every debate here with his lies.

The reason that you stated for Dan to start this site up is correct Cam but there is one major difference between One Eyed Eagle and Silvertails and that is that Dan's site gives you the option of an "ignore" function so that you don't have to see the problem person's posts and I really don't know why the people with the problem with MrInvisible just don't use it.

As for the 2-way ignore feature that some were requesting of Dan the other day, I reckon that even if Dan did introduce it that half of you all would either not use it or curiosity would get the better of you and will turn it off to see what had been written and then you wouldn't be able to help yourselves and would fire back a retaliatory post.

Why don't we all just talk about the football instead of bitching with one another. :)

Fluffy said:
aaah meetings - things you do when you dont want to work
Seminars / Trade Shows are what you do when you don't want to work.

Meetings are what you do when you have to convince a CEO / CFO that they need to spend money updating their IT systems before it craps itself.

Ironic the very thing that helps companies make money, gets the least amount of that raised money spent on it.

Sheikheagle said:
Meeting *sigh* at Centrelink.
Not at all. I pay enough tax each year to sponsor a few dole buldgers i'm sure.

From a Manly fans perspective i'm interested to hear, who do YOU think best managed your club?

At the moment there is too big a pissing competition, which started earlier this year when Perry wanted more control and chucked a tantrum over it and threatened to walk. Then URM approached and got rejected due to instability in the club (over the before mentioned issue).

As I said, it just seems everyone wants what's best for them, not the club, and that plain sucks regardless what side of the fence you are on, because its the players and fans that suffer in the end.

I honestly think they need to get another backer, or co-operation of backers, buy out Penn and send him on his way, and then hand the majority sharehold back to the Leagues Club.

That's my personal take on it though. Of ocurse the other option is a complete cleanout and rebuild.

More boardroom troubles = a premiership!

Actually not a great article for the club, really not sure what the problem is this time. I actually though Quantum were close to going bust a while ago and it was a mere formality that Penn was going to buy them out. Who knows really.

MrInvisible said:
From a Manly fans perspective i'm interested to hear, who do YOU think best managed your club?

The same mob that has brought us 2 premierships in the last few years. The same mob that your club has poached, or tried to poach from us. Fancy a blow-in from a loser club trying to tell Manly what's wrong with their administration. F*ck me I've heard some dribble but this takes the cake.

MrInvisible said:
Fluffy said:

Meetings are what you do when you have to convince a CEO / CFO that they need to spend money updating their IT systems before it craps itself.

Ironic the very thing that helps companies make money, gets the least amount of that raised money spent on it.

Sheikheagle said:

At the moment there is too big a pissing competition, which started earlier this year when Perry wanted more control and chucked a tantrum over it and threatened to walk. Then URM approached and got rejected due to instability in the club (over the before mentioned issue).

As I said, it just seems everyone wants what's best for them, not the club, and that plain sucks regardless what side of the fence you are on, because its the players and fans that suffer in the end.

I honestly think they need to get another backer, or co-operation of backers, buy out Penn and send him on his way, and then hand the majority sharehold back to the Leagues Club.

That's my personal take on it though. Of ocurse the other option is a complete cleanout and rebuild.

Please go away!

Shoe1 said:
MrInvisible said:
Fluffy said:

Sheikheagle said:

Please go away!

Click on the following link:

http://forums.silvertails.net/User-MrInvisible

and then scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on "Add to Ignore List"

It should be no secret by now that a big part of why Hasler left was because he couldn't get on with Penn. Two monumental egos, two monumental control freaks, going head to head. Remember father and son Penn doing joining the team for the victory lap last year after the GF win? What a couple of shameless knobs.

What I found really ironic though, was that that information (re: the fallout between Hasler and Penn), came indirectly to me from the man who wanted Penn onboard as a private owner about 8 years ago. Only for Delmege to throw his two bob's worth in and upset the Penn applecart.

Let's face it, these private owners are invariably guys with huge egos and deep pockets who give off the impression that the Club is 'theirs', not 'ours'. It could be as bad if not worse with Quantum in control. Let's just wait and see.

Mr I is obviously a high-powered businessman, who is extremely interested in the Manly Club, so I'd expect him to stump up some money to become a sponsor of the Premiers and gain a seat on the management board. With his intimate knowledge of RL and uncanny inside information he'd be such a valuable addition to our disparate board. Why, just like Koffe Annan (sic) he could be the one man to bring peace to the Middle Manly.
C'mon Mr I. Come forth and reveal yourself! You could be our saviour.

Sheikheagle said:
Thanks jethro I have ignored the ignoramus!

No worries. I just wish that more people would do the same instead of getting all upset and turning the forum into a ****fight.

Jethro said:
Shoe1 said:
MrInvisible said:
Fluffy said:

Sheikheagle said:

Please go away!

Click on the following link:

http://forums.silvertails.net/User-MrInvisible

and then scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on "Add to Ignore List"
Done. I am tolerant, but that guy's "reasonable man" tone just pushed me over the edge. I mean FFS! "what do manly fans think of..." are we in counseling! Is he passing around the talking stick? Aaaaaaghh

Jethro said:
Sheikheagle said:

No worries. I just wish that more people would do the same instead of getting all upset and turning the forum into a ****fight.

I wish the mods had a set and banned obvious trolls

The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Sheikheagle said:

I wish the mods had a set and banned obvious trolls

il_430xN.jpg

Irritating Mr I is no doubt..but he doesn't
come close to the psychological
damage that Lotti inflicted on many of us years ago!:s:p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4