MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Board Issues

I refer them back to Chip n Chase post yesterday

Manly Sea Eagles Pillage - The Washup......anyone questioning Dave perrys credentials/ability should be shot.....

lsz said:
Sounds like it WAMF - the only constant has been the board (regardless of where you think the "blame" is)

I know it will not be popular but, regardless of the money that Des was offered, you are kidding yourself if the dysfunctional nature of our board did not significantly impact upon his decision to leave

Agree. It would wear you down having to deal with all this crap.

Frogz no one is questioning his ability rather how much will he put up with (he carries so much accountability however there is more to deal with than most of his peers)

Grand Final win guaranteed now. Keep up the squabbling boys ! And Tele keep printing it please at least until the first week October

Board Issues

I think all the losses the club incurs must come down to legal bills. I'm starting to think our governance is pretty good. This state of tension between warring factions at least means there is a robust and accountable culture. And we keep winning.

Manly's boardroom battle worsens

Adrian Proszenko

MANLY official Bob Reilly has vowed to stand firm and clear his name, Peter Peters's redundancy payments have been terminated and there are fresh legal challenges flying across the boardroom of the premiers. Welcome to finals time at Brookvale.

The Sea Eagles are well positioned to become the first team in almost two decades to go back to back despite a fresh outbreak of hostilities between the club's factions. In a dramatic week on the northern beaches, it can be revealed:

❏ Redundancy payments to former media manager Peters have been terminated for disparaging club officials, including calling board spokesperson and part-owner Phil Sidney a ''garden gnome'';

❏ Former leagues club chairman Reilly provided an 11-page response refuting allegations levelled against him regarding his expenses;
Advertisement

❏ Reilly is taking legal action against Peters in respect of his role in allegedly providing confidential board information to the press;

❏ Sea Eagles legend Cliff Lyons and and former Labor senator Kerry Sibraa have resigned from the leagues club board in protest against the treatment of Reilly;

❏ Minority shareholder Penn Sport is taking legal action against board members who approved the contract extension of general manager David Perry.

District club chairman Reilly, who is also the deputy chair of the Sea Eagles, has broken his silence following allegations he engaged in conduct prejudicial to the interests of the club. His written response, obtained by The Sun-Herald, strongly refutes claims he was granted unauthorised loans and explains use of Cabcharge vouchers and other expenses.

The document states that company secretary Peter Spray approved all individual expenses, that they were submitted to the board on a monthly basis before being audited and that they were moved by a resolution at a board meeting by club legend Max Krilich and seconded by Peters.

Reilly, who has initiated legal proceedings against News Ltd over their coverage of the matter, declared he wouldn't be bullied out of the club. ''I'm not going anywhere, I've been here 10 years and I love the club,'' Reilly said. ''I've spent a decade of my life here for nothing, I don't get paid for what I do. It's political and I'm sitting here with the balance of power. This is the key thing in all of the politics of the club, I've got the casting vote. That's why I'm a target.''

Reilly claimed he was the victim of a ''witch-hunt'' after the district club knocked back a proposal to give up its shares to the leagues club. ''I took that request to the district club board and they unanimously decided not to do it because the constitution was so strongly worded that it couldn't be sold,'' he said. ''Within 48 hours of delivering that message to the leagues club, I was threatened and told to get off the board. That's when this witch-hunt started.''

Reilly's barrister, Christopher Branson QC, said Reilly was the victim of a vendetta as part of a battle for control of the Sea Eagles. ''This has no merit,'' he said. ''It's just a slur campaign by people determined to harm Mr Reilly.''

Former sponsor Steve Reilly, who withdrew his backing over the infamous ''Fridgegate affair'', stated: ''David Perry is the best thing going for the Manly board and deserves 100 per cent support. I and many others refuse, point blank, to be involved with Manly until the Penns and Peter Peters all [leave].''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manlys-boardroom-battle-worsens-20120901-2575g.html#ixzz25GZa5doU

Board Issues

So I'm guessing that if the Board was aware of the practice and signed off on it, Reilly resigned and refused to go and face them since he expects it to be a kangaroo court?

Apart from the original allegations against Reilly, I am not sure why the Leagues Club wanted the Football Club shares. They can't be sold by the FC and are valued at nil on their books and the Leagues Club has sold ALL their shares to Manly Sea Eagles as they needed the cash. Strange indeed.

Two sides and two agendas mark neither of which are beneficial to the club

ManlyBacker said:
Apart from the original allegations against Reilly, I am not sure why the Leagues Club wanted the Football Club shares. They can't be sold by the FC and are valued at nil on their books and the Leagues Club has sold ALL their shares to Manly Sea Eagles as they needed the cash. Strange indeed.

To get the controlling votes.

Hilarious that the Scribe's redundancy monies are frozen:D

I am confused by Penn turning on Perry. Wasn't he the one who headhunted him:huh:

Manly thrives on hatred,so thank you Board:p

I've reopened the orginal thread and merged the latest one into it, seeing as the other "side" of the reilly allegations are available.

But as a reminder of Dan's warning, try and keep the speculation and personal character assessments to what can be verified.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7