Menzies Medal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
Steve ‘Beaver’ Menzies is a Sea Eagles legend. He has played locally since his beginnings in junior rugby league and is now in his 17th season, having represented Manly-Warringah, NSW and Australia. Steve is greatly admired by fans and is considered a local treasure and a standard setter.

The Menzies Medal will be awarded annually to the person selected as the Sea Eagles ‘Supporter of the Year’. This is a high profile way in which the Club can acknowledge the contribution of supporters. The winning nominee will be given a medallion to reward ‘outstanding service as a true Sea Eagles supporter: committed to the team, win or lose, good times and bad; loyal through and through’.

Sea Eagles Members, Sponsors and fans now have the opportunity to vote for their favourite design of the Menzies Medal via the Brookie Forever Website.

http://www.brookieforever.com.au/competition-poll.asp

menzies-medal-1.jpg
menzies-medal-2.jpg
menzies-medal-3.jpg

They are the three options.

I'd love to see your acceptance speech Ryan, it would be an emotional performance worthy of an Oscar, if only you were acting. :p

I'd start with, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times".

Hehehehehe..

That photo that they have used and the same one on this page was taken by Byso I believe!

I hope the entire Silvertails community is nominated!

I was about to pose the question as to who does the nominating/awarding of this.

Sycophants united your ship has come in...

I have already mailed in 10 nominations for myself :)

This is a joke and something I hope the great Beaver hasnt agreed to put his name to.

The Steve Menzies award should be a player award or something that carries a bit more honour and pretsige than a crappy supporters award.

Agreed on that Doug.

It should be for a junior player who has come through the ranks and should be something to do with clubmanship

Matas is going to be pissed off whether he gets it or not!

Ryan link said:
Who the F**k is Mouse ?

You should kow him mate, he is possibly the only Manly supporter over 8 shorter than yourself  ;D

He always works on the membership stand etc at the games, is in a few movies too if i recall correctly. 1 of the Rockers

clontaago link said:
This is a joke and something I hope the great Beaver hasnt agreed to put his name to.

The Steve Menzies award should be a player award or something that carries a bit more honour and pretsige than a crappy supporters award.

I agree.

Surely Steve Menzies has the largest endowment in the history of mankind and the medal should be passed on to the next biggest endowment in mankind.

But, I like Ryan's enthusiasm as a fan and sense he could use a confidence boost (  :eek: )so I'll pass the award on to ryan once I get it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4