Memorable Individual Performances By Manly Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
What are some of the most memorable individual performances by Manly Warringah Sea Eagles players?

I remember Phil Blake scoring four brilliant tries against Canterbury in 1983.

Terry Hill's brilliant performance against a hot Brisbane Broncos at Brookvale Oval in 1999. Down 26-4 with about 15 minutes to go before Terry Hill terrorized the Broncos left hand defense to finish 26-26.

July 1994. The great Cliff Lyons show in Manly's 61-0 win over St.George at Brookvale Oval.

Phil Blake has plenty of highlight reels & I was at the game vs Sharks - 82 or 83 at Brookie & he carved them to shreds - Boyd was on fire & there were outragous offloads & the classic Blake chip & Chase try on show. Blake was a massive confidence player who like many Seaeagles players had that taken away from them by that magical Eels team from the early 80's & was only a GF win from becoming a superstar & going to that extra level.
From 2011 though not as flambouyant, I still believe that the Kieren Foran performance against the Chooks was memorable with 2 inspirational shots & determined try, & it was the real genuine kickstart that lifted the Manly team with self belief & that game turned the season imo.
Its a trick question because I have about 1000 games going thru my head ;) but that Blake 1 was the oldest for me & the Foran performance from last season.

Rick Chisolm when he scored all 17 points against Cronulla at Brookie in 1980. Terry Randall ironing out Dallas Donnelly in 1978 semi final.

Moondog said:
Rick Chisolm when he scored all 17 points against Cronulla at Brookie in 1980.

This was the first that came to mind for me too. He was a rookie, in his first major league game and scored every point! And in those days Cronulla were a force.

I was so sad to see him lose it off the field and thus be booted by Arko. A true legend in the making, and so cheeky to the opposition that they were put off by him, in spite of his small stature.

Thanks for the memories Ricky :angel:

Bob Fulton's grand final, two flashes of briliance for two tries, the difference between winning and losing. Imagine if the Sharks had actually won a premiership... I'm sure they still curse Bozo to this day for being just too good.

Michael Robertson scoring three tries in the 2008 Grand Final v the Storm. Probably all 17 individuals in the 40-0 win on that day.

Cliff Lyons in a Semi-Finals match against the great Canberra Raiders team around 1991. Manly lost but they had a reserve grade team playing due to injuries & Cliff Lyons almost single handily pulled of a shock win.

Cliff Lyons in the 1987 Grand Final ran the show.

Yep, Cliffy in the 87 GF for me. Absolutely dominant.

Mine would have to be Menzies running onto the field in the "08" Grand final and scoring a try with his first touch.

That Terry Hill try against the Broncos would be one of the greta efforts

Which game was it that Terry was knocked "unconscious", but suddenly awakened not knowing where he was? That was hilarious. :D Joker he is!!

Choc Watmough in a losing team against the Tigers at the SFS in 2009.

Kieran Foran against the Roosters in round 2 of 2011.

I have seen many great efforts.

But Terry Hills effort vs Bronco's, is second only to Fultons Grand Final brilliance of 1973.

Terry Randall had a blinder vs The Dragons at Brookie around 78 and got the first ever 10 out 10 rating from League Week.

Wombat in the GF replay 78 vs Sharks-smashed 'em
Fulton in most games he played.
Mike Eden had a blinder in the Amco Cup in his rookie season-I think he scored most of the points too.
The Rick Chisholm one was a pearler as well.

Mark Carroll against the Knights in Newcastle in I think 96. Anyone who has been to a Knights game know how deranged the fans get. I think everyone at that game would have been baying for his blood. Spud stood up though and took it to the Knights pack. Not sure how many players would have been keen to take that hitup at the kick off after the try.

I remember Toovey in his debut 1st grade match vs the touring Great Britan team. He looked like a school kid playing a man's game but he killed them.

mozgrame said:
Ox, 08 Grand final.

Yup this was one of the best in recent times.
So was foz against the roosters in round 2 this year.

Ian Roberts Vs Gary Jack. Jacks face after the encounter will be with me (but not him) always.
Michael O'Connors sideline conversion in the rain in SOO also gets a mention.

2007, I think it was the preliminary final against the Cowboys(?!?) and Monas got concussed, came back out in the second half and pretty much single handedly won us that game.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8