membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just signed up myself and daughter.  ;D

Can anyone shed some light on the extra $10 for the Manly Leagues and Football Club Membership Upgrade? What have I signed up for? What's football club membership and what are the benefits?

Danny,

This is all from a poster here called 'Vidmar' who is also on the board of the Football Club.

The upgrade (Tick box) on the Sea Eagles membership is an upgrade to membership of the Football Club (which is a discount on the normal fee of $25) – this is to add extra value to Sea Eagles membership and to help grow the Football Club membership base.

As an added benefit the upgraded membership also gives a special Leagues Club membership (This will allow access to the club but doesn’t include such things as voting rights on Leagues Club matters, you can’t sign people in to the club or get other club benefits.)

In effect it is to encourage people and make it easier for them to access the Leagues Club particularly on game days for example (Note that the Leagues Club contribute considerable funds to the Sea Eagles so any cash you spend in there will help that continue?)

The Football Club receives the additional fees that come from this upgrade

There is from time to time some confusion as to the make up of the “Sea Eagles family” so hopefully this will help clear things up - sorry it is a little long but hopefully people, will find it interesting and informative (this is current as of 1 December 2010)

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles "Family" at the senior level is made up of three (3) separate legal entities, each with their own Constitution and Board of Directors.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited ("Sea Eagles")

•   Privatised company that holds the NRL Licence and participates in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition.
•   Contracts players, coaches and administration staff, conducts Game Days at Brookvale Oval, provides Corporate Hospitality and Sponsorship opportunities, markets and sells merchandise and membership, and operates the websites http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/ and http://www.seaeaglekids.com/.
•   Public Company Limited by Shares.
•   Four shareholders - Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club, Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club, Penn Sport and Surfside (Quantum Energy)

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited ("Football Club")
•   Public Company Limited by Guarantee (ie no shareholders).
•   Membership based company to which the Life Members and Members belong.
•   Owns 13.93% of the ordinary shares in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.
•   Holds one Preference Share in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the members of the Football Club ownership of the Name and Colours.  The preference share guarantees no less than 10 home games at Brookvale Oval.

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited ("Leagues Club")
•   Registered Club operating licensed premises at 563 Pittwater Road, Brookvale.
•   Provides entertainment and facilities to League Club members and guests.
•   Facilities include Brasserie 563, Lyon's Den Sports Bar, bars, function rooms & poker machines.
•   Owns 8.83% of the ordinary shares in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.

Who is the Football Club?

The Manly-Warringah District Rugby League Football Club first entered the first-grade competition in 1947.

For most of the last 60 or so years, the Football Club was the official “owner” of the team that participated in the NSWRL and ARL competitions.

In the last 10 years or so we have seen the Super League War, the Northern Eagles joint venture and private ownership with the Delmege & Penn families who have brought so much to the Sea Eagles.

A lot has changed but what hasn’t changed is this - The Football Club is 100% run by its members – you, me and other passionate supporters of the club

The Football Club has an elected Board and anyone who has been a member for the required time can vote in and stand for elections.

Right now, we have a great Board, made up of passionate Manly fans from a variety of backgrounds, all volunteering their time to support the Sea Eagles.

Why should I be a member of the Football Club?

The Football Club has a real say in the direction of the Sea Eagles through representation at the board room table.

Things have changed since Super League days but we of course all want to protect the heritage of the club and by holding a deciding vote on where we play, what we are called and in what colours we take the field the Football Club does this.

For those of you who vowed never to see the club play in Northern Eagles colours on the Central Coast or have concerns at how many home games are played away from Brookie you need to help protect this preference vote.

What will the Football Club do over the next few years?

The Football Club wants members to continue their rightful place as part-owners of the Sea Eagles, so our #1 priority over the next 5 years is to fund the purchase of new shares in the NRL franchise.

This is not about buying back existing shares from the private owners It’s actually about new capital that will help secure the financial future of the team.

At the same time, the Football Club is working with the Sea Eagles to preserve the things that we all care so passionately about: Brookvale Oval, our colours, our emblem and our name.

We’re not just about defending the great history & traditions of this Club. - We need you, the supporters as members to play a central role in the future of the Sea Eagles.

What else does the Football Club do?

The Football Club also exists to help support former Manly players and working with the Men of League Foundation (Which of course quite rightly has been promoted on here?) we provide financial support and other assistance to former players.

How does the Football Club relate to Sea Eagles season ticket membership?
Simple: We’d encourage fans to show their support of the team by buying a Sea Eagles ticket package as this provides much needed funds to the running of the team and the support crew however, if you are not able to get to Fortress Brookvale on a regular basis don’t worry there is still a range of supporter packages for you to support your team

See here to join or renew your Sea Eagles package at the Sea Eagles website

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=membership-home

The Club has an incredible heritage and we know there is a passionate supporter base for the team and this is your chance to stand up and show us where you are.

By joining the Football Club, along with purchasing tickets to games, merchandise, and your Sea Eagles package, you’re showing not only that you’re committed to the maroon & white you’re showing that you want to have a say in the future of the Sea Eagles, and that you’re willing to do something about it!

By working together with our private owners and by injecting new capital into the Sea Eagles, your membership of the Football Club helps build a future every bit as bright as the last 60 years have been

Clubs exceed 2010 membership total
http://www.nrl.com/clubs-exceed-2010-membership-total/tabid/10874/newsid/61476/default.aspx
NRL.comThu, Feb 24, 2011 - 6:57 PM

Become a 2011 NRL Club Member Copyright: NRL
Related Links
  Become a 2011 NRL Club Member
There might still be 15 days until the kick off to the 2011 Telstra Premiership season, but already the NRL clubs have broken one milestone with the cumulative total of memberships sold so far eclipsing last year’s total figure of 144,190.

Strong sales in the past week, particular by the ‘Battle of the Legends’ clubs, the Bulldogs, Dragons and Rabbitohs has helped the NRL break this milestone months ahead of when they reached that figure last year.

The strong sales in last week across the game has also seen the Dragons, Rabbitohs, Warriors and Wests Tigers break their own 2010 totals, to see now 11 of the 16 Telstra Premiership clubs all in the positive growth territory, whilst the Broncos, Bulldogs and Eels are well on track to equal their last year’s numbers by season start.

The Storm, despite their slow start, are also catching up on their 2010 figures and have now sold over 6,400 memberships, whilst their Round one opponents, Manly, are on track to record the biggest increase in Memberships, up 48% on their 2010 total already, and slowly getting within reach of their 10,000 member target.

ladder_24022011.jpg

I was just looking at the MWSE web site to join up as a supporter but I could not see any checkout or paypal or similar so I could be signed up straight away. I emailed the club through the contacts tab but got an automated reply saying that the lady was on hols for a few weeks. 

Also are we able to pay for several years upfront like five? 

Rex link said:
Interesting that the Storm is 62% of their last year figure, v Manly 148%.

Storm has fair weather fans,when the **** hit the fan
alot of them took it out on the club instead of the
culprits inside the club

Yeah but Jatz,burn effigys,hang him by the sack from the top tier of AAMI park as a warning to others who might tarnish their names, verbally abuse people in the media as a support group for letting it happen,do what you will but never turn your back on your team while your truely lives on,if they die walk away from watching, the doggies never looked so grim after their debacle

As much as i hate them,i think they will be in more trouble than the sharks had if news pulls the pin on them and it could be a telling blow for the war against the AFL and even we will suffer from their demise (TV Rights,etc),the club isnt even financially viable for admittance,

Gallop and his cronies would laugh at any club looking for a license if they had the issues the storm will suffer due to this low membership numbers,im sure alot of people could word this post better and agree, provided they understand my substandard writing skills

BE can probably dig it out but I thought the Storm memberships started many months later than every one else, like at the beginning of Feb. Still, I like the stats.

I'd like to see the club roll over membership year on, like most subscriptions etc.  Unless one asks to be deleted of course.  It would take the hassle out of having to renew each year.  Can't see why they don't do that.  My guess is, as a poster already said, this side of things is run by thicknecked old forwards. 

DSM5 link said:
I'd like to see the club roll over membership year on, like most subscriptions etc.  Unless one asks to be deleted of course.  It would take the hassle out of having to renew each year.  Can't see why they don't do that.  My guess is, as a poster already said, this side of things is run by thicknecked old forwards. 

I do agree however the membership this year is different to last year and has always had some changes so until they settle on the winning formula it might be a problem.

That said the numbers indicate this year is the winning formula or close to it so maybe they can add that option from next year? Vid, might be something to bring up if you get the chance, including the football club membership as well?

Manlyfan76 link said:
I was just looking at the MWSE web site to join up as a supporter but I could not see any checkout or paypal or similar so I could be signed up straight away. I emailed the club through the contacts tab but got an automated reply saying that the lady was on hols for a few weeks. 

Also are we able to pay for several years upfront like five? 
NO MANLY FAN I ASKED THE SAME THING . ITS BECAUSE EVERY YEAR THE PRICING CHANGES, SOMETIMES GOES UP  OR LIKE THIS YR ITS GONE DOWN  FROm LAST YR.. sorry about the caps didnt realise they were on  & i`m nt going through it all again to change it ..

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186327.msg317675#msg317675 date=1298585499]

I do agree however the membership this year is different to last year and has always had some changes so until they settle on the winning formula it might be a problem.

That said the numbers indicate this year is the winning formula or close to it so maybe they can add that option from next year? Vid, might be something to bring up if you get the chance, including the football club membership as well?
[/quote]

Auto-renewal is a good idea I think for both Football Club and Season ticketed memberships.

There has been some changes to the MWSE membership this time (including FC/Leagues add on) who knows what the next 12-18 months may bring (new seating at Brookie?) so we'll need to see I guess.

But happy to bring up at FC board level and get it raised as a possiblity with the Sea Eagles membership team when they start planning for next years options?

I placed the information from MB on the following page

http://www.silvertails.net/supporters/48-mwse-membership

You can get to it from the "Supporter" navigation menu item

I think it's interesting that, despite winning their first premiership in a million years, there is only a slight increase in dragons memberships.

That said, I think they've always been quite good at getting their 'fair-weathered' supporters to buy memberships though.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6