Membership Drive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
Hey Larrisa,

Is there some sort or membership "sales pitch" brochure or link that I can send to my lazy Manly supporting friends to entice them to become members.
I have friends that are Manly fans that I'd love to be able to just send an email to and say here join up.

I remember something a couple of years back where I gave phone numbers and email addresses to someone at HQ and then they contact them direct.
Like a referral system.
Is that still an option?

I think there was something when yousigned up online to invtie freinds to join. Not sure if you can afterwards but.

If you drop us an email to [email protected] we can post out a brochure to your mates. We can also give them a call if you think that would be a better way to stop them procrastinating and get them signed up.

If you visit www.seaeagles.com.au/eaglescout you will find info on our Member referral program 'Scout a Sea Eagle'. We give you rewards for helping us find new Members (one if these forms was included in your renewal pack)

It's great to see the professionalism coming into the club now-long overdue.
In '95 I paid a $1000 for a gold membership, and got a signed jersey full of reserve graders mostly. Didn't even have Beaver's signature on it. I barred the membership after that.
I think Dave Perry will be a great acquisition-getting rid of Demand Hasler is probably the pain we needed to endure.

Hey Larissa,
just sent you through a list.
They are all genuine Manly fans.
Good luck

I actually told one of friends, sigh up or you have no bragging or whinging rights!!! She signed and her brand new baby girl!!!

I was talking to a few Manly fans that I know where I live and none of them knew they could become a member. I asked if they had the Internet and all said yes...so go figure.

Apart from the NRL and Manly website is there anywhere else that fans would find out about membership?

Apart from our own website and database emails most of our above the line membership marketing comes from the NRL Club membership campaigns. These include TVC's, print advertising in the major newspapers and radio ad's.

Hey larissa I understand that producing manly specfic membership tvcs or radio ads wouldn't be cost effective or even get much cut through in the congested Sydney market. However I wonder if the club had considered doing a viral video or a yOutube advertisement that fans could spread around Facebook etc. I know the company I work for has had great success with this type of digital marketing.

We did have a viral TVC in the works for this years campaign. Unfortunately the instability in the Footy Dept has meant we were unable to complete one this season. It was a cracker so I'm pretty disappointed we were able to make it!

All things going well there will be a viral TVC for the 2013 campaign.

Some of the more creative people on here should do a youtube clip.

Now that'd be worth a look!

globaleagle said:
Some of the more creative people on here should do a youtube clip.

Now that'd be worth a look!

mark from Brissie might know some ppl that could get a youtube clip made and then we could send it around
cant remember who but someone on facebook is quite good at making them

I have that contact he does the MWTS vids and yes pretty good at it. I am sure with some collaterall he could knock one up

Mark from Brisbane said:
I have that contact he does the MWTS vids and yes pretty good at it. I am sure with some collaterall he could knock one up

well what are you waiting for then ? ;);)

would be good if the wolfman membership clip could get incorporated into it too

This is great.
But can we do 2 things.
1. A form that puts our detials on it to send to new members. Not to hound them about finding more new members before they sign up. Thats something they should be offered after they sign up.
2. A form we can put in emails and it sends them info. Like we could do when we sign up. Make it there all the time. Be simple way to do it as we think of more people.

Cheers

If there are Manly supporters out there that don't know that membership is available I would question how genuine their support is. For all it's faults the NRL has put ads on TV & radio often about football club memberships. On the MWSE site the membership link is staring you in the face when you hit the landing page so unless you are living under a rock I fail to see how you wouldn't be aware they are available.

I agree with many on here, the membership options that are now available compared to say 5 years ago are much improved.

Mals said:
If there are Manly supporters out there that don't know that membership is available I would question how genuine their support is. For all it's faults the NRL has put ads on TV & radio often about football club memberships. On the MWSE site the membership link is staring you in the face when you hit the landing page so unless you are living under a rock I fail to see how you wouldn't be aware they are available.

I agree with many on here, the membership options that are now available compared to say 5 years ago are much improved.

There are a lot of fans outside the League stronghold metro areas that just don't get a lot of info on club memberships unless they actively search for it (or trawl sites like this). The NRL push is limited in it's scope and you'll see nothing on TV outside NSW/Qld.

My emphasis is on family and friends outside the League areas, and particularly in my hometown of Perth. A lot of League fans there and plenty of Manly ones in my circle of friends, so I send them material and ask them, '...are you a member yet...' whenever I speak with them.

It is a huge untapped group of fans out there and if we have connections into those areas, then we are more likely to get them into a club membership through direct contact, then relying on the NRL to reach in that far, let alone a single club.

mickyj said:
This is great.
But can we do 2 things.
1. A form that puts our detials on it to send to new members. Not to hound them about finding more new members before they sign up. Thats something they should be offered after they sign up.
2. A form we can put in emails and it sends them info. Like we could do when we sign up. Make it there all the time. Be simple way to do it as we think of more people.

Cheers

Hi there,

In response to your questions:
1. If you visit www.seaeagles.com.au/eaglescout you can download a form you can give to your friends to join. This will also allow you to earn rewards for recruiting new Members as well.

2. Unfortunately the system does not at this point have the functionality to have the email 'refer a friend' form available all the time. Until such time that this is resolved, feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] with your friends details, or let them know they can contact us there.

Hope this helps & Go Manly!

Larissa

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8