Members Vote of no Confidence - Current Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
let me explain why i posted what i did.

At this stage apparently theres been no second vote on Grant Mayers positsion.

However if at a stage in the future grant is punted that WILL BE the time for an EGM to be called. Maybe not to vote the FC Board but definetly to put them on notice and demand answers.

Its been reported Bob Reilly has an issue with Grant and wants him gone, thats different to what Bob has said to me and others so for now i have no reason to believe he has lied to any of us
That obviously changes if grant goes.

Cliffy...based on how certain FC members reacted to the "out pouring of emotion on Friday" (when I saw them on Saturday) and what the Press were quoting they had said (and they hadn't made any comments to the press) I think this is highly unlikley.

The Press would LOVE to see a bunfight between us all on this forum about this very issue but as I say (to everyone) there are more sides to this story than you are aware of, and the only want you to hear one!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Cliffy...based on how certain FC members reacted to the \"out pouring of emotion on Friday\" (when I saw them on Saturday) and what the Press were quoting they had said (and they hadn't made any comments to the press) I think this is highly unlikley.

The Press would LOVE to see a bunfight between us all on this forum about this very issue but as I say (to everyone) there are more sides to this story than you are aware of, and the only want you to hear one!!!
Mark I appreciate you taking the time to explain here that there are issues and that there are more sides than we are aware of and that you have got some inside low-down and that has reassured you although becuase it is inside low-down you cannot actually share it with us......but how come on mse forum it's "let's talk footy". Do you find all the fans over there so stupid that they don't deserve or are incapable of having a sensible discussion? Or you don't dare raise such a controversial issue for fear the forum will be stopped again?

I don't get it at all. I tuned in to mse about 6 pm and there are heaps of new threads and many posts and not one reference to the fact the forum was shut or the Q & A by Mayer... then you say 'let's talk footy'. What gives?

Thanks Corso, CW, Cliffy and Mark for all the info. Not to criticise anyone and what they post however over time you tend to see the comments posted by Mark and Corso always coming across level headed.

My post was not meant to stir up any emotions for supporters or members or to criticise either faction. By personally attacking individual it only serves to defeat the purpose.

I am more than happy to state where I stand on the current issue's.

I was a member of the club for 5 years up until last year when I tried to renew my membership however never had my credit card debited for renewal after several attempts of contacting the club. I was going to renew my membership this year however in light of recent shenanigans I am extremely frustrated with what I am currently seeing being played out and I'm not just having a whinge. Just because anyone is or isn't a member it shouldn't preclude me or anyone from commenting providing we are not personally attacking any one individual, only logically thinking this out aloud and sharing with anyone that wants to listen and contribute a different viewpoint. I didn’t just become a member for any voting rights but purely because I saw it as a way of financially helping out the club in its time of need and because it’s been the only club that I have supported and will always support, I don’t even live in the area but it still doesn’t stop me from supporting the club so forking at $25, $50, $100 or even $200 isn't the issue for me.

I have posted on a previous post that I do not support either faction however would like both Max Delmage and the Penn's to remain involved providing they can put their differences aside and can continue coughing up the cash to ensure the long term survival of the club - We need them both working as a single unit and not as competitors and if they can't then they both need to walk away to minimise any further damage. As for the current board they need to justify their position on why they want to oust Grant Mayer or publicly state that this is all a media beat-up and offer Mayer a long term contract based on bonus incentive.

It may be only media beat-up to sell papers however, where there is smoke there is also fire. Something is going on to what we are not privy. Clontaago makes a valid point.

I see Grant Mayer as the political fall guy in all of this and to date I feel the board should overwhelming vote to support him and make and all out effort to retain his services until such time he lacks to demonstrate any added value to the club.

I would also like the board to come clean and advise why they feel it necessary to sack Grant and who they propose to replace him with and what 5 year plan any new candidate has to 1. Grow revenue 2. Sustain current and Increase new sponsorship 3. Increase and sustain supporter base.

For the past 10 years I have been sick of the instability demonstrated by the club and board members and just want to see things stabilise and get back on track rather sooner than later. It’s been fairly clear what has been played out in the open recently has been destabilising and for this reason I am placing this thought into the mind of the current members rather than to take the softly softly approach to sit back and see what happens, members need to force the change before it’s too late, Delmage and Penn need to hear it from the members and the fans and it’s not unreasonable what I am asking of them.

We have the potential to be the biggest and most influential brand in our code and also in the world providing that 1. Clubs, administration and of course especially the players all grow up and accept the responsibility that comes with the turf 2. the media stops rubbishing our game. I cannot see why the Sea Eagle can't be as big as the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees and have world wide appeal. Unfortunately under the current NRL leadership and News Ltd ownership I believe they lack this vision for the growth of the code and as fan and talking to others in society they see that Rugby League is dying.

Will it die and be buried forever, this I cannot answer however under the current NRL administration it doesn’t give me much hope either and that the direction that they are taking the game in.

I think I have ranted on enough and ultimately I really just would love to see stability at board room level and for the Sea Eagles to be a dominate force once again. The game flourished under Arko and Quayle and it be wonderful to see those glory days come back but mindful that this is the future and how good it would be to have likeminded administration with the same vision running our game today. I will let you know when and if I renew my membership – as it won’t make me or anyone any lesser of supporter.

SER8

I prefer to talk footy, in fact MUCH prefer to talk footy, but when people start threads like this and state certain things I feel compelled to make sure people are seeing both sides of the story.

Is that not fair????

But give me Footy anyday rather than this political garbage!!

Feel sorry for Gifty getting suspended prior to his first SOO, don;t worry he's all class and will be back!!

How's that for a start???

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
I tuned in to mse about 6 pm and there are heaps of new threads and many posts and not one reference to the fact the forum was shut or the Q & A by Mayer...

Yeah.  Funny that not a single forum comment was published about the site being shut down. Like it never happened.  As if no-one cared.  A rewriting of history.

Rex link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180541.msg225366#msg225366 date=1243416271]
I tuned in to mse about 6 pm and there are heaps of new threads and many posts and not one reference to the fact the forum was shut or the Q & A by Mayer...

Yeah.  Funny that not a single forum comment was published about the site being shut down. Like it never happened.  As if no-one cared.  A rewriting of history.
[/quote]
That's what I felt. Not really taking a swipe at you Mark (maybe one day I'll get on one of your tours?) but I get the impression many fans on mse don't dare question decisions the club are making - or maybe just don't care? Now I know in your case you do think about all kinds of issues that affect the footy, but over there your response was a bit "sshhh, don't mention the war'. From what I have seen on fan forums and at some games and elsewhere: IMO fans are in even more need than players of education and increased awareness when it comes to social issues like sexism, racism, substance abuse - and exchange of ideas on a forum is one way that can occur. Also relevant is the question of the running of the club, a lot of fans have a substantial emotional investment, plus various levels of financial investment, but we are all asked to become members of a 'supporters group' which has no voting rights.

Anyhow that's what I meant by my previous post.
(BTW, i'm a FC member for a couple of years, think I have voting rights. )

DSM5 and two little DSss are members but we're not interested in destabilizing a disfunctional board at this time.   

I don't believe that my post is trying to 1. Destabilise the board (they are doing a good enough job of that by themselves) 2. Personally attack any one particular member of the board.

I am trying to promote some healthy open debate amongst forum contributors and for both faction of the board to resolve their difference quickly and if they can’t then as member or supporters it is a duty of care to force the issue.

Comrades, we live in Australia not North Korea where free speech, thinking and points of view other than that of the government  are banned.

No problems SER8, I didn't take any "bad vibes" from your comments.

I know what you are saying, I wasn't rewally tyring to "hish things up" over at MWSE and in fact if a thread started that was identical to this over there I would post exactly the same thing.

BUT

I'd MUCH prefer to post footy stuff.

BTW, yes you'll have to come on one of my trips they are starting to grow legend status aren't they....it's just getting all the really passionate people in one spot, drinking together, telling lies together, partying together and bets of all sitting together at the games...I am just not sure my liver can handle the pace...thank god those 3 games in 6 weeks are over!!!

Well said OEE!!

But as per my previous comments I don't think there is an issue, the board is far more settled now except for a certain "faction", and there's not a lot we can do about that!!

One thing is for sure guys.

You should ALL be Football Club members....it's the MOST important $25.00 a year you could ever spend, you get NOTHING for it other than a vote in what happens....and that's more important than a free hat!!!

I think we would all love to be talking footy but what is going on at board level is putting our great footy club at risk IMO.

Members need to ensure that all board votes from the football club reps are made in the best interests of the members and the ongoing viability of the MWSE and not in political infighting.

I personally would like to see the football club put their cards on the table on this matter.

Well done OEE - healthy debate is what sites like this should be all about.

In terms of membership of the football club, I have phoned and the lady that answered did things very professionally. She was helpful and efficient.

I would recommend you join, though voting rights would not be allowed for two years, given that your membership has lapsed. Supporting the club is the best motive, though as others have said, it is rich to complain etc when you don't take the simple option of being part of the club.

Canteen Worker link said:
Well done OEE - healthy debate is what sites like this should be all about.

In terms of membership of the football club, I have phoned and the lady that answered did things very professionally. She was helpful and efficient.

I would recommend you join, though voting rights would not be allowed for two years, given that your membership has lapsed. Supporting the club is the best motive, though as others have said, it is rich to complain etc when you don't take the simple option of being part of the club.

CW, I have never complained and will never start complaining however I am exercising my option of free speech and airing my point of view. Not everyone will agree with what I may have to say I don't expect everyone to agree and that’s ok it’s what makes us individual. I have never been a follower and have always been an advocate of obtaining as much information as possible so that you can have a knowledgeable opinion that can be shared.

By the way, I called Barbara (I think that what she said was her name) at the club as she is sending me through my membership form in the mail tomorrow. She wants me to write a letter explaining what happened to my membership to see what they can do to reinstate my original membership #.

Also for the record I am not just renewing my membership because of any peer pressure but more so through passion that I have for the club and how gutted I feel about seeing what is being aired out in the open. One voice won’t make a change but I hope many voices might be enough cause to bring all faction together for the only reason “Survival of the club”

[quote author=OneEyedEagle
One voice won’t make a change but I hope many voices might be enough cause to bring all faction together for the only reason “Survival of the club”

[/quote]

and that my fellow Sea Eagle supporter is the foundation of this entire topic! Well done for taking the appropriate steps to renew your FC membership.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/manly-feud-claims-top-lobbyist/2009/05/28/1243456684088.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

THE bitter, internecine political feuding at Manly claimed its highest-profile victim with club joint patron, life member and chief raiser of government funds, Kerry Sibraa, resigning from the Sea Eagles' board.

When will this stop, I am sick to death of the polictical infighting that is occurring.

Regardless of what faction one supports it takes two to create a fight. So could Penn and Delemege and their supporters all go & take a running jump over the nearest cliff face.

Corso_Pete link said:
When will this stop, I am sick to death of the polictical infighting that is occurring.

Regardless of what faction one supports it takes two to create a fight. So could Penn and Delemege and their supporters all go & take a running jump over the nearest cliff face.

C.P., I may not have put it in so many words but the stench of rotting fish is air gasping.

I honestly think the significance of Sibraa resigning is only further proof of irreconcilable damages being done.

Its bloody obvious all is not well and it cannot easily be resolved. But to all concerned in the current fiasco I implore you to commence communicating and agree that each faction needs to commit in conceding some ground. Your ego’s will be far better for it and most importantly it won’t drag the club through the mud and will sustain future club survival.

Does anyone have an inside knowledge of the root cause of the problem apart from differing ego's... To me it appears that it all has falling to ****e over the sale of the club and the redevelopment rights or is this too simplistic.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6