1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne's big play

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Anyone have flashbacks to 2007 at the start of the GF the other night ?

Ball goes out the back to Inglis, he hoists one miles up into the air, Storm come through and hit Burt high as he takes it

I can only assume that kick was meant to go towards Hayne and they had something special in store for him

2. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I thought exactly the same thing KIWI... I also reckon Parra copied a tactic of us from the 2008 grand final late in the Game... Kick the Ball high to slater he is > 50% chance of dropping it. No way should he be Aussie fullback if he can't catch a ball. just my $0.02

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    i cant remember last tuesday, let alone 2 years ago.

4. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Also they did try the same play in the 2008 grand final... Stewey just let the ball bounce, thankfully it went over the dead ball line.

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Yep, they tried it a few times last year. The time when Stewart let it bounce, and the other time Ballin put heaps of pressure on Inglis which resulted in a muffed kick.

6. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Yep that was a crucial play from Ballin, you can see he had to cover plenty of ground to get to Inglis but really put him off.

7. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thinking about it now, ballin really did lift to another level for that grand final. Might have to watch the DVD tonight.