1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne Storm

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ryan, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    There was a segment on NRL of Fox last night with Matt King / Billy Slater. They were talking about attitude through the club. One thing that made me raise an eyebrow:-

The players this year SELF imposed a no alcohol situation, to give them every chance of taking the Premiership.

That lead me to thinking about Jason King / Steve matai type incidents this year.

Peoples thoughts? Does or would it really give The Storm an advantage at all?

2. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    It was probably a self imposed booze ban like Ricko said the Roosters had a few years back, lol.

I am sure if it would help to a certain extent, however not a great deal. We seem to be fitter than Melbourne!!!

If our players were going out drinking a few nights a week I would be concerned but if it is just the occasional drinking session I am not concerned.

3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    A man is not a machine. The mind needs a bit of a reward for effort.

4. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    the storm were in this exact same position last year at this time - and they had alcohol.

That ain't the problem.

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Physically it gives them an advantage.

Psycholigically maybe a disadvantage.

It depends what their normal consumption levels are.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If they start shaking and dropping a lot of balls then they will need to go and have a few beers to calm the withdrawal symptoms down.