Melbourne Seating-Advice/help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey all-Just wondering if anyone know's whether there is an away-bay or designated seating for Manly fans for this week's game down in melbourne?

Or if anyone on the forum is heading down-where are you sitting? Much rather be sitting with some manly supporters then a bunch of storm supporters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers ben

Sadly I am not doing a MWTS package down there this year (due to it being Monday), otherwise I could have helped the locals with some seats together with the crew.

I know it's a real hassle for Vidmar and the ones going, normally I do everything and seats together are taken care of......all I can suggest is check with ticketek and see if there's an away supporters bay!!

As Mark rightly says above the Monday night fixture has been a real pain in terms of getting the group south - but for anyone travelling to Melbourne or who will be at the game have a look at the mwse.com.au forum.

There is a "sticky" post that covers all the plans for the MWTS including accomodation, transfers from the airport, where we will be pre-game and plans for tickets so we can all get together etc.

Hay everyone-thanks for all that, thats greatly appreciated! I went down with a group of mates last year for the semi-final, and while the result wasnt great-sitting with all the manly fans who made the trip was really fantastic!

Thanks for the advice again

Newy - check our pm?

Clon/Gronk - we normally head to the same pizza place on Lygon but have remembered it is closed on a Monday.

Any local reccomendations for somewhere pizza/pasta that's cheap and cheerful on Lygon that we can use as a meeting spot for people for lunch on the Monday?

Also, most are staying at or near the Holiday Inn on Flinders - any suggestions for somewhere close to there that would be good for a pre-game meeting spot for a quiet beer (Must be kid friendly) would be much appreciated?

Maybe see you guys there?

Vid - The best Pizza place in Melb is a little bit further, its Called Curly Joes and its in Brunswick on Sydney Rd. I'm not kidding you, I've had pizza all over the world and nothing compares to Curly Joes. Its cheap and they do a jumbo Pizza that's about 60cm x 60cm and would almost feed a family of 4!! It's probably a little too far out of the way though.

I'm not great with that part of town though so cant provide any other suggestions.

As for drinks I could provide a few suggestions but not sure about kids, on a Monday afternoon though you should be ok anywhere you go.

Thanks Clon...Curly Joes sounds good but maybe another time so we can keep it simple and close to where people will be?

Still finalising the restaurant we'll be at so stay tuned?

Re tickets....Sarah from the club has been incredibly helpful and here is the latest email I got from her this afternoon...

"As promised here is the info.  As I mentioned this may not be live until sometime Friday however they will ring me as soon as it is and in turn I will give you a call.

Areas: Level 1 Aisle 6 (Category 3) OR Level 1 Aisle 8 (Category 2)

(See here map
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/25004456C6BF2A43?artistid=1157378&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=695)

When purchasing into the supporter bay the customer will need to request a seat in the "visitor area" or if booking a reserved seat over the internet they would select the visitor area option.

All tickets will need to be purchased through Ticketmaster, online is probably the easiest at www.ticketmaster.com.au."

Apparently because technically it is not a Storm "home" game venue

"Shannon from the Storm was very apologetic that she couldn't do more for us"

Sooo.. having had a look at the map of the stadium not the best seats in the ground but similar to Bay 317 at Suncorp or the SW corner at Shark Park it will give us a corner vantage point which is good to allow us to let the boys know we are there and cheer them on when they playing away from our end and see all the tries when they score them in front of us?

I'm leaning towards the Aisle 6 Cat 3 tix (purple area on the map) and as we can book through ticketmaster then you can print the tickets at home and have them immediately?

I'll post on here as soon as I hear from Sarah but for those interested keep an eye on the official web site forum as there is a sticky for MWTS

Thanks for that latest update re ticketing. That info is super helpful! Really glad we have some sort of allocation for all of us to sit together!

So level one-aisle 6 or 8 are our bays???

Hay just a quick question re-tickets. I realise the club has an away section bay setup for us, and on the ticketmaster webiste,there is a seating category called "visitors area" however, when i try to purchase tickets in this bay-it says there not available.

Is anyone else has already bought some online-help??? Or if there are other people having the same problem or know if im doing something wrong? cheers?

Newy, The membership team from the club have been chasing this aspect for the last 8 days and we only got a definite confirmation from the Storm very late this afternoon (Despite "driving" the thing I only got a definite at around 5.45pm today) so try again?
That said, go to mwse.com.au and see the sticky Melbourne trip thread which will give you an update from most of the people who will be there?

Just off the phone with Sundance and the Eagles are landing!

He has taken on the responsibility of trying and testing various bars and hotels close to the hotels we are staying at to sort out a pre-game meeting place and the "Loco" bar in Southern Cross Station has been chosen.

I'd suggest people will be in there from around 5.00pm and will be easy to spot in their Manly gear.

All welcome to join us and make their way to the ground with us as most people look to be getting tickets at the gate so we will be seated close to each other.

He's now off to Lygon Street to check out each pizza and gelato joint....

Vid

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6