Melbourne chasing King! :|

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dancing zorba

Reserve Grader
Just hear Melbourne are after Jason King! We have to keep him he is our forward leader and a manly junior! having only one top class front rower in kite next year scares me too we have to keep him!

Lol if true.

First Bellamy tries to get Choc, now he wants King. Who next, Gift? He certainly does seem to like going after guys who are more or less bound to their team for life.

Maybe he can try & get Hindmarsh as well.

Wolfpack said:
Lol if true.

First Bellamy tries to get Choc, now he wants King. Who next, Gift? He certainly does seem to like going after guys who are more or less bound to their team for life.

Maybe he can try & get Hindmarsh as well.

Dancing zorba said:
http://stevemascord.com/2011/07/06/rlw-media-release-issue-21/

Cheers for that, very interesting.....Nothing to worry about as I'm sure he knows he'll be committing treason if he signed with them.

Sorry to go off-topic but I laughed when I read this

Controversial forward Daine Laurie has hit out at new Penrith coaching director Phil Gould, who recently sacked him.

“I just found him a weird guy … he thinks he’s just some big boss man or something,” said Laurie.

Thats because Gus is the 'big boss man', Mr.Laurie.

Btw, Love the avatar Joey. Matty Hass is the man.

Wolfpack said:

Controversial forward Daine Laurie has hit out at new Penrith coaching director Phil Gould, who recently sacked him.

“I just found him a weird guy … he thinks he’s just some big boss man or something,” said Laurie.

Another case of not thinking before you open your mouth......

cheers mate...hopefully the lockout can end as quickly as possible and we can sort out his contract to remain in Seattle.

haha yeh I laughed at that too! what do we think about getting Laurie here to bolster our reggies? Des could turn him around?

Wolfpack said:

Yes I laughed too, the problem for Penrith is that Daine Laurie may not be the only one feeling like this.

"Controversial forward Daine Laurie has hit out at new Penrith coaching director Phil Gould, who recently sacked him.

“Gould is in there changing everything and stuffing up all the work that Matty Elliott and Mick Leary did. I don’t have any regrets but maybe Penrith will regret having him there in the long run.”

As for King to Melbourne - he would never go but it is proper recognition for his form that the comp leaders are interested.

Sometimes I think fierce rivals make overtures to each others players simply so their club has to pay a bit more to retain them. I recall for years there was a no-poaching agreement between Manly & the Dogs, obviously no longer in operation.

dowdz said:
I thouhgt he had signed on for 2 years not to long ago?

That's what I thought as well. To be honest, I wouldn't mind so much if we did sell Kingy. Yes he played in the SOO two seasons running, yes he's a local junior, but if it mean't freeing up the cap in order of holding onto one or two younger blokes, then I'd seriously consider offloading him. He's 30, which isn't all that young for a prop in today's day and age.

simon_eagle said:
dowdz said:
I thouhgt he had signed on for 2 years not to long ago?

That's what I thought as well. To be honest, I wouldn't mind so much if we did sell Kingy. Yes he played in the SOO two seasons running, yes he's a local junior, but if it mean't freeing up the cap in order of holding onto one or two younger blokes, then I'd seriously consider offloading him. He's 30, which isn't all that young for a prop in today's day and age.

I agree - not saying I want him to leave his footy has been good this year but a 30 something year old prop is hardly our main priority. Make him a fair offer if he stays great, if not well thats how it goes if somebody wants to pay overs.

One that we can afford or recycle the ones we have - I think since we stopped playing with 4 or 5 props our footy in the second half of games has improved heaps because of it. Maybe we start slower when the game is a real "wrestle" but overall its been a positive.

I think the way the game is going you can certainly have too many props & nobody used to play more than us.

We'd definately need to bring in a prop if King left (not that he will).

Running with three props & a couple of blokes like Nood, Choc & Lussick around could always work though.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
One of the great things I like about the club is the loyalty shown by the club and the players to each other. Very few leave our doors to play for other clubs in the NRL. I would be very disappointed if Princess goes. I've bagged him on occasions, but he's playing very good footie lately and he's a local junior and has always shown us loyalty. I can see him carrying on in some capacity after he retires which would be in 2013. The 'young ones' can show some loyalty by sticking around until he goes, or leave like JWH did and sink.

He won't leave. He is coming to the peak of his powers, whether that lasts till the end of the year,, or for another year or three or five will be up to his motivation. He has some other qualifications apparently so he may not want to emulate Petro, but if he wants to play we want him here because this is why we went through all those 'promising' years, to get to this stage where he is now one of the top props.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6