Melb v NZ Chat/News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
Just a few hours until we learn who we will face next week in the big one. For one reason only I hope it will be NZ... we get to wear our home jersey if it is them, I believe we will be the second ranked team if it is a Melb victory tonight and will have to wear the white jersey next week.

In that case I will have to update my avatar.

Shaun Johnson is in some hot form, but I have huge doubts over the Warriors ability to get up in this one. They can beat anyone on their day but somewhere in the back of my mind there is still that niggling feeling that they just can't string too many of those 'days' together. And frankly Melbourne, as much as they are complete scum are also a very good team, will be desperate and know how to win these ones.

Melbourne by 7 for me, hopefully with a few incidents for the match review thrown in. Lets hope the warriors bash them and highlight their dirty tackling so the refs will have to rub it out next week.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
We have alot more big game experience then the Warriors, I see them buckling in the GF if we play them.

Hopefully they both bash the crap out of each other.

Ceagle said:
We have alot more big game experience then the Warriors, I see them buckling in the GF if we play them.

Hopefully they both bash the crap out of each other.

Totally agree, would be a great day too. Even if we lost I wouldn't be too upset, unlike a loss to the scum which would make me want to puke.

I'm in two minds, would love to play Melbourne and smash them again, but would also love to see Melbourne denied a Grand Final berth.

Hard to know who to support here, from the point of view of an 'easier' opponent. I guess the correct answer is there are no easy grand final opponents because whoever plays lifts to play the game of their lives.
Warriors certainly sentimental faves.

We can beat either team on our day so i don't mind who we play. I would prefer to lose to the Warriors then the scum though. Ideally they both beat the crap out of each other and cop a few suspensions to boot.

I want to play the storm to settle the score once and for all. I can't see 40 nil happening again. But I can feel 26-8.

Pittwater Legend said:
I hope Melbourne wins. The Warriors don't deserve to lose in the big one.

I want Melbourne in the GF; I find it hard to hate or begrudge the Warriors... and I want someone in there I can 'hate'. (even though my mum used to try and tell me it is wrong to hate, but I can dislike something :s)

I think we would be pretty short priced favourites if the Warriors make it, and rightly so. However I'd prefer to play the Storm in the big one because it would be an intense game played with real feeling, worthy of a Grand Final. We have developed a real rivalry with these guys over the last 5 years, and nothing is sweeter than beating the cheats. Also want to beat them with their full strength side on the park because they still whinge about missing Smith in 2008. If we beat them next week then history cannot help but show us as the dominant side of this period, given that the Scum had to cheat to get 2 "titles". With any luck Rex, Shoulders or Choc will iron out Grub Slater as payback for Crockers effort on Brett in 2007.

Of course the sweetener to a Manly v Melbourne GF is that Gallop will be treated like a leper. Nothing will be finer then hearing his pathetic post match speech drowned out by a cacophony of boos and abuse, shortly followed by 17 Manly players brushing him as they mount the podium to accept their premiership rings. Can't wait.

I want the Warriors tonight because I think it would be a better GF to watch. The Storm are a pretty dull team to watch, the Warriors are all over the place and can produce some exciting football.

How bloody boring you turn on the footy these days and all you see are idiots doing the haka, I say piss off home you bunch of losers

rabbs talks about slaters trophy cabinet like it is stacked with premierships... do they keep forgetting that the current squad doesnt have premiership rings?

Dan79 said:
rabbs talks about slaters trophy cabinet like it is stacked with premierships... do they keep forgetting that the current squad doesnt have premiership rings?

he has Inglis's boat now too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6